The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Shane's wifi team

PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Shane's wifi team

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:28 pm

[b]I bet i'm still off, but o'well.
    Bold= new

Espeon (M) @ Focus Band
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 8 HP / 56 Def / 116 SAtk / 72 SDef / 255 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

- Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball

A few editings here and there...just spreading out the evs. There's nothing else to say..

Scizor (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 44 HP / 224 Atk / 104 SDef / 136 Spd
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - U-turn
    - Attract
    Aww, no more X-Scizor..anyhow, I can't have it too slow, but i can't have it to fast either. I replaced BatonPass with Attract and bla bla bla.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 248 SAtk / 255 Spd
    - Body Slam
    - Trick
    - Psychic
    - Iron Defense

Replaced Gyrados with Jirachi. It has Choice Scarf and Trick ofcorse.

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 34 Atk / 136 Def / 116 SDef / 224 Spd
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Seed Bomb

I'm still keeping swords dance. It comes in handy sometimes. I'm plain not getting substitute.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 152 HP / 1 Def / 100 SAtk / 2 SDef / 255 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt
    - Taunt
    - Focus Blast

There, replaced Lucario with Thundurus. And i don't think i'm going to changemy mind on Focus Blast but maybe.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 36 Def / 84 SAtk / 132 SDef / 255 Spd
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Psychic
    - Tailwind
    - Calm Mind
    Changed some evs here and there.The moves didn't really change, but meh.

I hope you don't like it hope you like it.

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just editing some stuff & pics will be there soon.)
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Re: Shane's wifi team

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Hemlock wrote:NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN! This team is HORRID! 255 evs? ARE YOU ON DRUGS? BAD NATURES, BAD EVS SPREADS, THIS TEAM IS BAD, IT SHOULD OF BEEN NEVER MADE AND SHALL GO TO THE PITS OF FIERY HELL! PHYSICAL MOVES ON SPECIAL POKEMON? ARE YOU BRAINDEAD?

wait..didn't i just say i'm changeing Gyarados' moveset? Besides that extream speed comes in handy. lol i change my mind, i'm not getting rid of Baton Pass on Scizor you just gave me an idea XD.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Okay After looking this over I have to say your team has a lot of counters if your going for a trick room team then you may wanna think over your pokemon anyway

Espeon should have magic Mirror and replace future sight with HP fire or as hemlock said on the sever Hp fighting saying this before you should have 252 for two ev and then 4 for other one not 255 ev

Scizor should not have that abilty it should have Technician, U-turn should used instead of x-scissor just in case but if wanna keep it that's fine.

Gyarados don't need any sp.att move if your going for a bulkdos you need way diff ev, and if you going to keep using the life orb you need a new set.

Breloom dont need def it needs speed and attack, sword dance should be sub.

Lucario can get KO easy it dont matter if it gets NP up it can still get KO easy.

Latias seem fine to me atm I dont see any changes needed expect the evs.

My over all rating is RMT are to help and I know they take long but trying harder with would help to as I have said there are a lot of pokemon out there that can sweep your team so I hope you make sure you make all the changes needed.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Erm... Shane; I won't be harsh, but...

Here's my review:

Espeon; Shane... Shane... Shane, Trick Room has negative priority, I think. Also, why not use, say... Reuniclus? At least he can take a hit and get Trick Room up, plus, why use Speed EVs on a Trick Room Pokemon? As Hemlock said, 255 is not what you want. 255 has no boosts from 252. Use a 252/252/4 spread. Also, Future Sight is rarely good and paired with Psychic as your only attacking moves, well, you get walled by the likes of Tyranitar.
    Needs Magic Bounce.
    ---------

Scizor; You honestly need to change this Scizor. For one, make it Adamant or Jolly (Jolly to "possibly" outspeed others and BP'ing. Adamant for power.). Lonely is a very bad nature, close to the likes of Lax and Gentle, as Lax and Gentle are THE worst; excluding those that don't boost. Next, give him Technician. Replace X-scissors with Bug Bite. Again, 252/252/4 spread.
    ---------

Gyrados; Please don't make me do this, please. Ok fine, but There are changes to be made. For one, run Jolly. Honestly. Actually, just let me give you a set to use, if you insist on keeping a special move.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

Use that if you insist on keeping a special attack.
    Fire Blast for Ferrothorn and others.
    Waterfall as standard.
    Earthquake for coverage.
    Dragon Dance for setting up.
    Simple.
    Yes I know you're changing it, but that's my suggestion.
    ---------

Breloom; Excuse me sir, but... I don't believe physical attacks and Timid nature go well together.
    Again, I shall provide you with a set.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Seed Bomb

There. Fixed, good as new; almost.
    ---------

Lucario; Looks alright; but FIX THOSE EV'S. Also, unless you have weather anytime soon, please, don't use Tornadus. Tornadus is best with Hurricane, which is only 100% in Rain.
    But the thing is... PRIORITY. Unless the opponent switches while you Nasty Plot, or if you take Hail damage, or Spike Damage or SR Damage, BAM, no more Sash. I'd have to reccommend a different Pokemon, a choiced preferably, perhaps Rotom-W? Sure, you already have water, but Gyrados isn't weak to grass, and Rotom-W isn't weak to Electric, they take regular damage from said attacks... Plus, Rotom-W is rather reliable with Scarf.
    ---------

Latias; Let's see. One; change it to Timid, please. Two; Fix the EVs. Three; Use Calm Mind - Psyshock - Thunderbolt - Ice Beam. The only Pokemon you won't be able to hit with this are Magnezone and Shedinja.
    ---------

There, I am done... FOR NOW. I will be adding better EV spreads soon. I apologize if I seemed... Harsh. But then again, look at Hemlock...

Overall, I give this team a...

2/5. Needs some work. The natures and EVs were bad, some of the movesets were bad, but the Pokemon themselves form a 'solid' team. Just make changes and I may give this a 3 or higher. Remember, there are plenty worse then this. (Example: People with an Excadrill; that has Focus Blast.)

Again, fix those EVs.

(More may be added)

-The End-

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Should i delete this post? I keep changeing my team. So should i? This was done on dsi browser.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:48 pm

This team needs some serious work to be "acceptable" in today's metagame. I'll finish this post when I find the time to (hopefully soon, but most likely never).

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    Hemlock

Astral Void

Post by Hemlock on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:24 am

Well, it does need moveset changes and I absolutely agree with Rick. Look at my Dream World team for example. I always change it to meet up with the ever changing metagame. HP Fire on Reuniclus would be the most logical move on it since it can pack Focus Blast to take out Tyranitar. Look at it from a soldier's perspective, if the lose a battle, do they use the same tactic again? Yes, but they keep improving it over time until it finally works.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Ok, here goes!
    Let me say this: Never take EVs out of a Stat because you think it's too high. That means remove Timid Natures from Gyarados and Breloom. Also, take out Attack EVs from Latias. It has NO Attacking moves. Also, never use 255 EVs, it's horribly inefficient. Use the 252 / 4 / 252 spread so no EVs are wasted. I'll get back to the individual Pokemon later.

Gonogo

Montreal

Post by Gonogo on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:59 pm

A lot EVs wasted, wrong natures but I like the team in general. Anyhow, I don't like seeing Breloom with Focus Punch without Substitute. I don't recommand Swords Dance because Breloom is fairly slow and it wouldn't be too useful.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Done

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Everyone, i just knoticed that i put the wrong ev's on for Gyarados,Scizor, and especially latias. Latias doesn't need all that attack if it's mostly a speicail attacker...Scizor doesn't need alot of speicail def. I though i split it, but i didn't...Gyarados needs to cut down on the speicail attack and the moves. I'm going to take out fire blast and replace it with ice fang or something...and for the rest of my team, change the ev's. I could have sworn i did all the stuff above. Anyhow, the problem with my team is finished and i ask an auth to lock this post. I can't seem to delete this post.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Gonogo... Could you please put all your .GIF's in a Spoiler box? Honestly. Mother of all god. GREAT SCOTT.
    Plus, it actually caused my laptop to lag, which it rarely does with .GIF's, heck if my .GIF can lag Rick's Laptop and 3DS, I can't imagine how yours would lag it.

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:05 pm

RMT's aren't locked unless they don't follow rules.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:06 am

You should some more before posting teams. I'd lock this thread, but it's generating a lot of conversation, and I really think that this team can be reworked into becoming a great team, so I'm holding out on my judgement. To the mods here, don't lock this thread. ME GUSTA.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:55 pm

So yeah... someone remind me not to do that again.. my team keeps changeing and it is out of date. It has been changed the moment i pressed "send" so yeah...
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey Shane, don't worry if it's out of date. Feel free to edit the original post, by the way. Just make sure you mark them by making them bold or something. Anyhow, I'd really like to revamp this team, because the Pokemon on it look good on paper.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:17 am

If more than three members are changed species-wise, then you'd do us all some relief by making a new thread. However, if the moves, EVs, IVs, natures, and / or items are the target of change, do what Harsha said.

PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 pm

*Updated Updated.*
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 pm

First off, your EV spreads are still wack. Second, despite the changes made, sun teams still have a field day against your team. Third, Roost > Attract on Scizor. Now, to nitpick your team. Finally, here is my most important point for your team: THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF EVs THAT SHOULD BE PLACED IN A SINGLE STAT IS 252. ANYTHING OVER THAT IS UTTERLY POINTLESS, SEEING THAT 252 IS THE BIGGEST NUMBER SMALLER THAN 255 THAT IS DIVISIBLE BY 4.

Espeon: Try this EV spread: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd. Having anything above 252 in a stat is pointless, seeing that in order to increase a stat by one, you need to make sure your EVs are divisible by 4. This actually is a good Pokemon to use against some members of sun teams.

Scizor: USE ADAMANT. LONELY DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FOR THIS SCIZOR. On a lighter note, consider using Bug Bite over U-turn. Using U-turn just wastes the Swords Dance boost. Also, consider Roost over Attract, which is useless.

Jirachi: Why are you using Trick and not Iron Head? Why are you not using Gyarados? Why? Psychic is useless on Jirachi unless you're using Calm Mind. For your Jirachi, consider these EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd w / Jolly Nature. Iron Defense is not needed. Body Slam also isn't needed if you're running Choice Scarf. Replace Iron Defense with Iron Head, and consider placing Stealth Rock on this Pokemon, preferably over Body Slam. However, I think that Gyarados deserves its spot back on this team, either here or over Thundurus (which is now banned).

Breloom: USE JOLLY. Timid lowers Breloom's highest stat, and overall ruins your Breloom's sweeping potential. Also, if you're not using Sub, then don't use Focus Punch. Use something like Sky Uppercut or Superpower.

Thundurus: Thundurus is banned. You should place Lucario or Gyarados here.

Latias: The EV spread is wack. Use the standard 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd spread. Tailwind also is not needed. You should consider running Recover over Tailwind.

Good luck, and sorry for the seemingly harsh rate.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:20 am

I guess so. kk study
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:40 am

Hey Shane,

First: 4 EVs = 1 point
    That means that you'll get the same amount of points in a Stat if you use 252 or 255. Using 255 wastes 3 EVs that you could put into a Stat and get an extra point there. Basically, 255 is inefficient.

Anyways, I think I'll Rick's post and add my suggestions to reinforce his points.

The team didn't really follow any of the suggestions we gave you, but that's okay, seeing as this is your team... However, I have a lot of recommendations, that I strongly suggest you follow:

Espeon: Alright, Rick said it all. Change the EVs to the standard 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd with a Timid Nature. He has a good moveset, though, so feel free to keep it. Also, may I say this? FOCUS BAND is near useless! If your really need to survive, use a FOCUS SASH. Focus Band is a hax item that rarely works.
    Scizor: Arguably the least effective member of this team. Attract is a move that is VERY unreliable in competitive battling, so I suggest Roost or Super Power, or maybe even trying out a Banded set. The EVs are very spread out, and I'm not sure what you did to arrive at those... No matter, try out the changes I suggested.
    Jirachi: Fix the EVs. Also, try something over Iron Defense, as a Choiced Pokemon with Iron Defense is... Well... Useless!
    Breloom: Please try a standard EV spread with either a Jolly or an Adamant Nature. Why would you want to lower his Attack by using Timid? Also, either use SubPunch, or neither, because they're useless without each other.
    Thundurus: Thundurus was recently banned, but on Treehouse he's OU, so that's okay. I recommend Hidden Power Ice over Taunt, but feel free to keep it. Also, that may be one of the worst EV spreads I've seen... The 1 and 2 points are USELESS! You need 4 EVs in a stat for it to actually affect the Pokemon...
    Latias: Use a standard 4 / 252 / 252 EV spread with Recover over Tailwind; Tailwind isn't a very good move in 1v1. You could also try Roar over Dragon Pulse, but feel free to keep your own moveset. I strongly recommend you try Recover, though.

Anyways, I'm sorry for sounding a bit mean. I think you should try out the above suggestions from everyone, because they could help the team. Also, I think you may want to broaden your descriptions a bit, because you need a good 3-4 sentences per Pokemon. Anyhow, test out the changes, and Good Luck!
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:15 pm

I haz an idea. Sence Thunderus is banned i have made a stratagy with gyrados, but in order to do that I just need to change 1 ev Shocked

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Umm, Shane. As we previously stated, 1 EV DOES NOTHING AT ALL! NOTHING.

It takes 4 EVs to have 1 point in a stat. The most EVs you can give to a stat without wasting anything is 252. Using 255 wastes 3 EVs that you could use, since you have 3 EVs from one stat, and 3 EVs from another. That's 6, which you can put 4 of into another stat. Basically, using 1, 2, or 3 EVs in a stat will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. That is all.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:32 am

Alright. I'm locking this thread for violating Rule #2. I hate sounding callous, but the original poster obviously has quite a bit to learn about battling. Sorry Shane.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:48 pm