The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

RP forum - suggestion

MagmaNoob

RP forum - suggestion

Post by MagmaNoob on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:21 am

Hey! I thought maybe we should have an RP forum on the site, and not the server.
    If I remember correctly, there was once a Roleplay page on the server. I think that we should have it on the site instead, because:
    -It's better that way. You don't have to download Pokemon Online on every computer you go on.
    -In a forum way, it could easily be continued at any time.
    -You could start a Roleplay, even if there aren't any players around!

I think this could be a great site idea! Please reply!
    -MagmaNoob afro
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Re: RP forum - suggestion

Post by Artist Smeargle on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Excuse me, but could you put your signature in a spoiler box? It's kind of...

F R E A K I N G H U G E !

Besides, I'd like to bet it lags some people's computers because of how large it is, especially when you start to post 3 or 4 times on one page. I know Shane's did and his was a bit... Smaller.

ON THE ACTUAL SUBJECT:
    Maybe Rick could add a small section for RPs, but we'd keep the "PAGE*" at the server.
    Now for my view.

1. Might I ask WHY an RP is so important that you'd have to download PO on every computer you go to? Assuming your last one's broken, say, I'd think they'd download it anyway... And it's not like it's an eternal thing, with visiting. You COULD just say they have to "hold" on the RP because they have to say... Go to a friend's house, or say, go on a five day vacation. I at least let them do that. (However, if it's more then a week, I COULD see a problem) :U

2. True, but someone COULD save it with WordPad, assuming they use Windows XP, and I think everything above.
    And id you say something about XP not being used anymore, I'll have you know I'M using it.

3. True, but what happens if it get's completely ignored? Say you post it when there is only 1 or 2 other people, and they post in that section right after you post your RP? I suppose there ARE alerts, with that quotation box of the left, and... Well... Unless someone actually went on the section, and saw an orange sticky note, which they wouldn't if they had logged on, and logged out and then logged in again... Then yeah. Of course there's always "bumps" in which if... OK, I'll stop ranting. I'll just rant and rant at this rate. :U

Overall, I give this idea a 3/5. It's alright, but it's just an RP section.
    (* = It's called a channel)

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    MagmaNoob

Post by MagmaNoob on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Thank you!
    you were wondering why an RP is so important?
    I'll explain.
    Let's say you go to like a family meeting, and everyone's eating. You finished early, so you head to the computer (Let's say, in your grandma's house).
    Instead of having to download Pokemon Online, you can just easily go on the web and continue. That way it could be more active and more relaxing.
    I was actually wanting an RP page in the first place. Good thing that's how it turned out.
    Sorry if my English isn't perfect. It's my second language, after all.
    PS.
    I'll move my signature to spoiler Razz
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:22 am

I'll consider making a RP forum, but first I want to see the success of an RP thread. You'll have to gain enough interest in it for me to consider making a dedicated forum. Assumptions won't get you anywhere.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 am

Maybe tell other people on the server about an RP thread in the General Grounds section? I'll assume that if Rick thinks it's successful enough, he'll add the section. Most people who use the forums are either battlers, or artists, so I can see why Rick is doubtful.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Harsha wrote:Maybe tell other people on the server about an RP thread in the General Grounds section? I'll assume that if Rick thinks it's successful enough, he'll add the section. Most people who use the forums are either battlers, or artists, so I can see why Rick is doubtful.

Nice reference Harsha, nice reference.

On the real subject matter, I would agree on Rick that we should test the success first, it would be a shame to make an RP Forum/Sub Forum then it be rarely used; but that's only if...

"What if, what if, what if my aunt had a mustache!? The she'd be my uncle!"
    That's why you don't keep asking what if. I promise you someone WILL say that.
    (If you get the reference, you earn 10 internet points. But don't post here just to tell me you know it, please. I mean honestly...)

Did I go off topic again? Tch. At least this is only one post. Anyway; the conclusion...

Magic Lines are magic.
    That the RP Forums/Sub-Forums could either be a big bang*(**), or have to leave with a bang, depending on the amount of people that use it.

* = YESH IT MIGHT CREATE A UNIVERSE, YESH....
    (**) = But no really, it could be good or bad, just depends.

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    Walrus
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

I can shoot lightning bolts out of my mouth!
    BROMACIAAA!!!!

Post by Walrus on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:06 pm

If we get a GOOD theme for an RP, I think this could have potential. I've also noticed over the years that a forum RP allows you to make longer, more descriptive posts, but the RP itself moves at a much slower pace, as it requires all in attendance to be active.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:36 am