The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Vol's sunny team

Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Vol's sunny team

Post by Crossfire12 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:28 pm

This team was made when 5gen was just starting and my only way to beat rain teams at the time
    It's been a few months since then and now I have gone over the team with some what of my knowledge to try and fix it up.
    so anyways Let's starts

Details:

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - SolarBeam
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot

A common set for sun starter so with the sun up Nine can swich or set up Nasty plot and then start to
    sweep but due to speed Nine may just be a power-house for a little while.
    No steel types nor water types are safe from nine after nasty plot but there are a few counters so using nine to set up sun would be the best option for now depnding on how the battle goes.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Destiny Bond
    - Giga Drain

Gengar has been starting from 1gen to 5gen atm you know him and fear him with the life orb and the speed gengar can sweep easy with HP fire for steel types, shadow ball for STAB,Destiny Bond if he goes down the opp goes down with it
    And Giga drain to get back some HP anyways you got yourself a pokemon that loves to kickass.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fire Punch
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage

One of the best dragons of OU is now joining this team I was thinking about scarfing it but that would take up to much time in battle so DD would be much better as I can just DD one or two time and start sweeping
    Fire punch got steel types, EQ for pokemon on the ground just as heatran,and then you have the outrage that some pokemon fear with this set Dragonite can really dish out the hurt as well as take it due to it's defenses.

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Growth
    - Synthesis/Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - SolarBeam

I have a lot to say about this set so here it goes Growth in the sun +2 sp.att synthesis if your looking to keep this guy alive if you want power and just to sweep
    sludge bomb may help,HP ground can take down a few pokemon just as heatran but I'm think about changing it and solarbeam with STAB and the fact that venu gets plus +2
    The match may be over in secs.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Flame Charge
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

You know this set is rick's I found it when he was rating another team and I wanted to test it as I expect heatran made a few people rage quit due
    to flame charge making it faster, HP ice makes quick work of ground types and dragon types,flamethrower is weaker then fire blast but has 100% acc so I wanted to use
    it and then earth power just goes great with heatran as it can take out other fire types and steel types.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Protect
    - Substitute

This set is much better in sand but still can be helpful outside since the sun makes water weak of it anyways with it's DW ablity Gliscor takes on healing, it can sub and then pro making sure to get a lot of hp back while doing that,
    Ice fang to stop other gliscors or dragon types and EQ for STAB as I said this before this set is much better in sand but still useful.

Going over this team I have to say it needs a lot of work and maybe some new pokemon, ninetails can be counter easy by poli, gengar has low def meaning it can be killed easy if not careful,
    Dragonite need as least one turn to set up DD before attacking leaving a chance for killing it,venusaur set is kinda useless without sun
    Heatran can be KO by a EQ when the ballon is gone and with Gliscor ice do I need to say more, there are a few pokemon I'm thinking about added just as scarfty
    and Volcarona since they sweep easy but I want this to be rate before I remake this team feel free to make fun of it as info is important.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Re: Vol's sunny team

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:31 pm

I only skimmed through it and I must say;

HOW MUCH COVERAGE ON STEEL TYPES DO YOU NEED!?

This post will be edited when I have more time for reviewing stuff.

EDIT: Review time.

Ninetales.
    If you want to be offensive; use Energy Ball. I tried Solarbeam, I ran into Rain teams. You can guess what happened there. Flamethrower works. Dark Pulse is a big no no on a lot of Pokemon, mainly ones that don't get STAB. Ninetales is one. I suggest either replacing it with HP Ice, Ground or Rock. Ice for the Dragons. Ground for coverage on fire types and Rock if you want to exchange Heatran Coverage for Fire/Flying coverage. Nasty Plot can stay if you really want to sweep.
    ------
    Gengar...
    What about these moves?
    Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Pain Split/Sub?
    Yes I know Rick said it too, but you can't deny that it's a good set.
    EVs can stay like Ninetales'.
    -----
    Dragonite.
    I suggest you take a slight more defensive set. Multiscale (Its an Ability, for people who are all "5 movez!?") + Roost + Thunder Wave + Dragon Tail + [Insert Good Filler Move Here]... Yeah. I've been screwed over so many times in the past because of that set. T-Wave me, Tail me out... Substitute is the only thing really blocking it as Sub prevents Dragon Tail from making you switch and it Blocks T-Wave. I suggest adjusting your EVs to fit as well, but I'm no EV expert, but I say perhaps a 252 HP/4 Def/252 Speed? I really don't know. silent
    -----
    Venusaur seems alright to me, though you may want to change Solarbeam to Energy Ball, seeing as Rain Teams and Sand Teams are common.
    -----
    Heatran.
    Good to go I believe.
    -----
    Gliscor.
    From what I see, it is indeed a standard set. The only problem with that is...

IT'S A STANDARD SET.

Standard = some predictability.
    I mean, its good, but it's the "common" set.
    You may keep it if you wish, but I suggest finding a set that isn't/wasn't commonly used.
    No matter. Good to go.
    -----
    Overall, your team was ok, the first three just needed work.

The end of Smeargle's review.
    This review may be edited as I see it.

Last edited by Artist Smeargle on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Time to rate!
    Use Energy Ball over Solar Beam on Ninetales. Then you can beat Politoed. Now, you may wanna' try out a Venusaur with Sleep Powder, Energy Ball / Solar Beam, HP Ice, and Growth. He doesn't really force switches, so I think Sleep Powder is necessary, though you may not agree. Note that Heatran completely walls the set I've posted. Love the Dragonite. Gengar looks good too. That's the Flame Charge Tran, and he is walled by Bulky Waters, as I've found in the past. Gliscor looks good too. Nice team! Good luck.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:34 pm

I blah on way to much about that I know that but never save to be sorry with skarm and ferro this gen
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:43 pm

thx you Harsha

the venusaur set you posted can help if the sun should ever go out,not really sure about sleep powder but that's what testing is for so I will get testing ASAP
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 am

Alright. I've built a few relatively good sun teams, often with you being on the receiving end of their attacks, so I know my business with sun. Now, let me make a few pointers before I proceed. First, Solarbeam sucks, despite the presence of the sun, with the presence of other weather in OU being a common sight. That is one change I mandate making. Second, if you're not abusing Superpower (which is decidedly average at best), you're better off using Multiscale as your ability. Regarding DNite, Roost is your best friend should you want it to stick around on the field longer. Third, Gengar doesn't need Giga Drain, Hidden Power Fire, and Destiny Bond. All it needs is Shadow Ball, Substitute, Pain Split, and Focus Blast. The two attacks chosen have PERFECT neutral coverage. Fourth, Ninetales shouldn't be running those coverage moves. If you're going for the offensive, you should retain Nasty Plot, but change the other attacking options that are not Flamethrower. Solarbeam should be Energy Ball while Dark Pulse should be Hidden Power Fighting. Venusaur should be using Hidden Power Fire and Sludge Bomb rather than Synthesis and Hidden Power Ground. I'll edit in some more nitpicks later.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:40 pm

okay so After hearing some review I have to say that artist I could try a def dragonite and see if that works and with you and rick's pointers with ninetails I could try HP ice as HP fighting don't really help as often unless I'm facing a sand team changes to venu as been made as of today same with gengar.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Hey guys, I've posted that Dragonite set in the tiering section of the forums. The set is 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd. Moves are Dragon Tail, Substitute, Thunder Wave, and Roost. It's pretty self explanatory, and you just aim to abuse Multiscale while Paralyzing the opponents team. Just ask Smeargle and Rick how effective it is.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Yes, yes, I know it all too well, back in 1893... Most of my team, well, yeah... I could have sworn someone else used that set though; no matter.
    We'll see how le Crossfire/Vol's team does.

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 pm

Rick tested it for me; maybe he used it against you?
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:55 am

SubParapHazing DNite is effective, but only on the more defensively-minded teams. Otherwise, it's just annoying to deal with. Needless to say though, it's very effective should it be used properly.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:37 am