The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Haxorus N' Volcarona: Partners in Crime

Walrus
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

I can shoot lightning bolts out of my mouth!
    BROMACIAAA!!!!

Haxorus N' Volcarona: Partners in Crime

Post by Walrus on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

This is my team. It revolves around the offensive synergy between Volcarona and Haxorus. LET'S GET TO IT.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP/ 224 SpDef/ 32 Speed
    Nature: Careful
    - Stealth Rock
    - Wish
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head

This is my lead. Not much to it. It sets up Stealth Rock, paralyzes opposing leads (such as Thundurus, for instance) and provides my team with Wish support for mid/late-game. Body Slam and Iron Head both have 60% to paralyze and flinch, respectively.

Latios @ Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
    Nature: Timid
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Memento

Typical Dual Screens Poke. The main use of Latios is to set-up Screens, Memento, and then come in to Haxorus or Volcarona, and get a GUARANTEED boost. Max HP to take hits, Max Speed to get up Screens, and Memento, before it gets KO'ed.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV;s: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpDef
    Nature: Impish
    - Rapid Spin
    - Close Combat
    - Sucker Punch
    - Mach Punch

My Rapid Spinner, something that is nearly essential when using Volcarona. The EV's, along with Intimidate, allow it to come in on a large portion of the metagame and do it's job. The offensive moves are just there so that he isn't dead weight after he Spins, but they could be changed. Close Combat to hit hard, Mach Punch for STAB Priority, and Sucker Punch to hit Ghosts.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EV's: 212 HP, 252 Def, 44 SpDef
    Nature: Calm
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power

This is just my all-around wall, and one of the few things able to check Thundurus. Storm Drain gives into a Special Attack boost, which gives it a handy power boost. Toxic and Recover are there for your typical ToxicStall needs. Ice Beam and Earth Power get pretty good coverage, although floating Steels like Bronzong and Skarmory completely wall it.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EV's: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Nature: Jolly
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Shadow Claw
    - Earthquake

This is where it really gets fun. After Jirachi gets Rocks up, and Latios has done his thing, this guy comes in. He gets at least one Dragon Dance up, pretty much guaranteed. From there, he sweeps. Outrage is just sheer power. Not much can wall this, as even Steel-types take heavy damage from +1 Outrage. I'm kinda debating whether I want to keep Shadow Claw, or replace it with Brick Break.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flame Body
    EV's: 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef, 252 Speed
    Nature: Timid
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power (Rock)

If it isn't Haxorus, it's Volcarona. One of the two comes in, gets a boost (In this case, Quiver Dance) and then sweeps. Fiery Dance lets it get a snowball effect, in which it makes each attack more and more deadly. Bug Buzz is his other STAB move. Hidden Power Rock is there to hit Flying-types, like Dragonite, who would otherwise wall him if I used Hidden Power Ground. It also hits Heatran though, allowing for a happy medium.

That's it for this team. Feel free to rate it, tell me how much it sucks, or give me some improvements (Perhaps for Hitmontop?).
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Re: Haxorus N' Volcarona: Partners in Crime

Post by harsha on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Hey, this is a cool team that functions similarly to my Hyper Offense team. Now, I'd suggest Magic Coat on Latios, so you can Taunt the opponent instead. This relies on prediction though, so you may not like it. Tentacruel can be used over Hitmontop with Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, HP Fire, and Scald. Haxorus, Volcarona, and Gassy are all cool. HaxRachi does well too, so do what ya' need. Good luck with this team.
    Walrus
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

I can shoot lightning bolts out of my mouth!
    BROMACIAAA!!!!

Post by Walrus on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Both good suggestions. However, I still haven't had anyone try to Taunt Latios. Most people automatically think it's Choiced, and by the time they Taunt, I already have both Screens. Because of this, I really don't think I need Magic Coat. However, I might take the Tentacruel suggestion into consideration if Hitmontop continues to disappoint. The main reason I don't have it already, is because Gastrodon is already my Bulky Water, and isn't weak to Electric.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:46 pm

I only skimmed through it, but I have to say...

Replace Hitmontop.

Hitmontop just isn't as great as it was in the 4th gen.
    I would suggest something along the lines of either Starmie or Infernape. Starmie for Rapid Spin and high speed, Infernape if you wanted MORE offensive, but no Rapid Spin. This may be changed when I feel like reviewing the entire team.

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    Archerknight

U.K (Leeds)

Post by Archerknight on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Okay team. On jirachi, kings rock could be an option, as it is a haxy jirachi, and you need the extra help to paralyze your opponent with body slam. That latios has an interesting set. I prefer running specs, but if you really need the screens than keep your set. On hitmontop, maybe try foresight instead of mach punch/close combat. Gastrodon is a bulky pokemon, and I have a set that fits him, and lets him abuse his/her power. Run 252 hp/100 def/150 spAtt. Life orb as an item, and for the moves, keep yours. Instead haxorus, have you considered garchomp or dragonite? I prefer dragonite, as with screens up, and multiscale in effect, you can withstand about 3 ice beams from a +1 latias. Volcarona looks good, but HP earth can also be an option, to hit heatran harder.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:33 pm

so far harsha and archer said most of it and haxorus is petty fine if anything you can use scarfnite or spechydra as gar is banned

Gonogo

Montreal

Post by Gonogo on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

I suggest Lum Berry over Life Orb on your Haxorus, so you can keep sweeping with Outrage and not be scared by either T-Wave or Will-O-Wisp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 am