The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Main OU team.

Lodz Mawile

Triangle Area, North Carolina

Main OU team.

Post by Lodz Mawile on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:37 am

I suck at introductions so here's the basis of this team. It was oringally created near the end of BW OU and became my main for then, since then I've reworked it to be more Gen 6-friendly (I've removed my old Beartic and Honkrow for Mawile and Darminitan).

Outrager (Gyarados) (M) @ Life Orb
       Trait: Moxie
       EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
       Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
       - Dragon Dance
       - Waterfall
       - Earthquake
       - Stone Edge

Ah Gyarados, a tried and true sweeper since the dawn of Pokemon. Since Gen V, he's gained a very nice toy to play around with in the form of his new ability..Moxie. Apon a few Dragon Dances, Gyarados becomes an unstoppable monster with decent natural bulk to boot. His placement at front has to due with a strategy I used in my old Bug-Gym team in which I led off with a sweeper, getting a nice buff while the opponet used hazards, killed it and (possibly) a few more to then just switch into my spinner, speaking of which..

Anguirus (Donphan) (M) @ Red Card
       Trait: Sturdy
       EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SDef
       Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
       - Earthquake
       - Rapid Spin
       - Stealth Rock
       - Stone Edge

Anguirus (yay Godzilla reference) is simply put, my spinner..but with a twist! I usually switch Donphan onto a Pokemon that's trying to buff it self, only for Donphans red card to activate and automatically switch them out, Donphan is basically my conter to other "start-up" sweepers (see my Gyarados and get the gist). He also has Stealth Rocks and a pretty basic moveset.

Demi (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
       Trait: Intimidate
       EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
       Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
       - Crunch
       - Swords Dance
       - Play Rough
       - Iron Head

Even before Gen VI made Mawile into a beast, she was (notice the she -.-) was my favorite Pokemon. Just for how adorable and bad-ass it looked. Anyway, Demi has a pretty standard moveset, Crunch for Physic and ghost types, Sword Dance for buffing, Play Rough for Dragon's and Iron Head for STAB. She's usually my "game finisher" (her and Batman at least), as in she doesn't sweep but take out larger threats and such. Also Intimate is awesome because it activates the ability when you switch in so I basically get two abilities, woop.

Chun-Fe (Medicham) (F) @ Choice Scarf
       Trait: Pure Power
       EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
       - High Jump Kick
       - Zen Headbutt
       - Rock Slide
       - Ice Punch

Big thanks to my friend Dyro (dammit I wish he was here) for helping me with the set and the name (means Pure Power). Medicham has always been my End-Game sweeper/Cleaner-upper, I started to seriously use her in BW UU but loved it so much I moved it to BW OU and now XY OU. Basically her HJK hurts, even if it doesn't always hit, but when it does..the enemy will take loads of damage, usually fainting. Also Rock Slide, Ice Punch and Zen Headbutt also very much help out disabling threads, but don't deliver the sheer POWER of HJK.

Batman (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
       Trait: Multiscale
       EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
       - Dragon Dance
       - Dragon Claw
       - Brick Break
       - Extreme Speed

Dragonite (for here on referred to as Batman) is my be-all/end-all Pokemon. With enough bulk to usually get off TWO Dragon Dances, enough speed to out speed most threats with a single DD and enough power to K'O most Pokes with a Dragon Claw, he really deserves the name "Batman". Brick Break helps against Ice types somewhat (I was tempted to use Super Power but I don't care for Super Power's downside) and Extreme Speed is extremely helpful for taking out buffed enemies.

Dicky (Darmanitan) (M) @ Choice Scarf
       Trait: Sheer Force
       EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
       Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
       - Flare Blitz
       - Bulldoze
       - Smack Down
       - Zen Headbutt

Forever will I be scared by the Darmanitan x Professor Juniper fanfic..but that's neither here nor there. Darmanitan is a great offensive Poke, he can sweep, but like Mawile, he's more there for taking out major threats. With his WOMPING 140 Base attack, 95 Base speed and even a solid 100 Base HP, plus the STAB with Flare Blitz makes Darmanitan a great wall-breaker. Bulloze and Smack down replace EQ and SE due to Darmanitan's ability "Sheer force" adding power to moves with added effects, but removing the added effects, which only adds to his wall-breaking strength. However Zen Headbutt is really only their for extra space, I rarely ever really use it or have to use it as what ever it can do, Flare can do better. If anyone knows a better replacement, I would love to know.

This team may be a bit Hyper-Offense, but it's served me well these path months as my main team, it just seems to fit my playstyle best and what not.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:38 am