The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

[BW2-OU]Nyandorus!

Tõx
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

So did I. <3
    Looking for my Tv.

[BW2-OU]Nyandorus!

Post by Tõx on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Sooooo,hello Treehouse!It's a been a long time since I last posted here on the forums,so I thought I'd be a good idea to post a RMT.Enough talking,let's go right onto the team (I'll skip the building phase,as the analysis explain it)

If you wonder why Nyan Cat,just go on with the reading.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Earthquake
    - Fly
    - Substitute
    Alright,yeah,I know what are you thinking now:Fly is a damn noobish move.Yeah,yeah,whatever.But look closer.It gets fantastic coverage along with EQ,and they are both STABed,reaching something like 150 BP each!Bulk up and substitute are just a way to capitalize Nyandorus great ability.
    EVs are simple.I maxed Atk,and invested enough speed evs to outspeed base 90+,while 8 Hp Evs allow Lando to reach a Leftover number,which is always nice.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    Here,the second pokèmon I added was this guy,good old Rock Gem Terrakion.Why do I picked him? Just look at all the things that resist Landorus Stab moves: Skarmory,Bronzorg,Zapdos,Thundurs,Rotom.Terrakion has all the tools needed to Ko those (Well, non scarfed Thund and rotom,which can be safely killed if behind a sub).The choice of the rock gem lays on the fact that I need nomething to kill Slowbro,that could be quite threatening to this core.Overall,Terrakion is a good partner for Landorus,indeed.

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Giga Drain

Terrakion shares an huge water weakness with Landorus,and things like Scarf Keldeo and Stamie have a nice time with them.That's why I picked jellicent,who acts both as a check to water types in general(with is mighty Giga Drain) and a Burn spreader,which aids Landorus set up.
    Evs and nature ensure me to be able to take at least one CBNite outrage and burning him (not really needed,but always nice).

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Protect
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball

With one of the best spinblocker in the game,that would have been a shame to not have Spikes in the team.Well,at start I had them,but no one on the team would have carried SR then,so I had to put them on Ferro.Ferro as a important role in this team,killing Kingdra and Kyurem-B with his Stabs,and doubling Jellicent role as a anti rain guy.
    Evs are quite standard,so I won't bother explaining them.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

The whole team (bar Landorus) was really weak to Spikes (And mostly to Deo-d+Gengar cores) so starmie was the right choice,being able to scare Deo-d away and killing gengar with Hydro Pump.On the other hand,Starmie is great when it comes to softens those physical walls such as Slowbro and Gliscor.
    Again Evs are standard,so no explanation.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Trick
    - Healing Wish
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    Then we Have Latias.I was weak to sun teams and breloom and Latias makes a fine check to both of those,sporting better defences than her twin brother Latios.But that was not the only reason.Trick is used to cripple walls,while Healing wish is one of the reasons to use Latias over Latios on a team.Healing wish heals completely every pokèmon that switches in after used,giving it a chance to kill a dangerous pokèmon it wouldn't have if not a full health or another chance to set up and sweep.

Here's the importable with the 4 missing EVs

Spoiler:
    ]Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
    - Bulk Up
    - Earthquake
    - Fly
    - Substitute

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
    Trait: Justified