The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

My Current Team (as of September 19, 2012)

Ralts

Route 102

My Current Team (as of September 19, 2012)

Post by Ralts on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Ralts (Gallade) (M) @ Scope Lens
    Trait: Steadfast
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Psycho Cut
    - Drain Punch
    - Night Slash
    - Leaf Blade

Gallade is my main physical attacker. He carries great coverage, hitting every Pokemon for at least neutral damage, and has acceptable bulk. He carries Psycho Cut and Drain Punch for dual STAB, with Drain Punch over Close Combat for the healing ability. Night Slash is there for the Ghosts and Psychics that may want to switch in on a Drain Punch or Psycho Cut, with Leaf Blade to hit Gastrodon in OU, along with Pokemon such as Claydol and Rhyperior if anyone would use them in OU.

Hyde (Hydreigon) (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf

Hydreigon is my main special attacker, and carries coverage comparable to Gallade. It's a decent wall and carries moves some would not expect on a Hydreigon, such as Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor. Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse are there for dual STAB along with hitting many Pokemon neutrally, thanks to Dragon Pulse. Flamethrower hits Ferrothorn and the odd Magnezone, which give Gengar trouble. Surf is mainly there as a coverage move, hitting Heatran, Volcarona, and Landorus, along with other Water-weak threats, hard.

Raijin (Luxray) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Wild Charge
    - Superpower
    - Crunch
    - Ice Fang

First off, credit to Sheenx (or Jasper, however you want to call him) for this set. Luxray is my Scarf user, and my other physical attacker alongside Gallade. It has Intimidate to help against physical hard-hitters such as Terrakion, Haxorus, and Landorus-T. Wild Charge is Luxray's most powerful STAB move, though it has recoil. Superpower goes essentially hand-in-hand with Choice items, allowing for a powerful hit-and-run attack. Crunch and Ice Fang are mainly there for coverage, hitting Pokemon such as Salamence, the Latis, and the aforementioned Terrakion and Landorus-T.

Shadow (Gengar) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Giga Drain

Thanks to B2W2's new Move Tutors, Gengar gets a new toy in the form of Giga Drain, allowing semi-reliable healing. Shadow Ball is Gengar's main form of attack and gets STAB, getting a powerful 120 base power. Psychic helps take care of Fighting Pokemon that might give Hydreigon trouble. Thunderbolt hits Gyarados and other Pokemon hard, with Giga Drain having semi-reliable healing and hitting Gastrodon harder.

Flare (Typhlosion) (M) @ Hard Stone
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 8 HP / 224 Atk / 24 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Flamethrower
    - Extrasensory
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    Typhlosion, while having an odd EV spread and moveset, can still pull its weight in battles as my sole mixed attacker. Flamethrower is Typhlosion's primary STAB and utilizes its DW ability, Flash Fire, on a predicted Fire move to boost its own. Extrasensory, while being the oddest move on the set, can get an occasional surprise kill. Rock Slide and Earthquake give EdgeQuake coverage, along with hitting some troublesome Pokemon in OU, such as Volcarona, Heatran or the occasional Jolteon, for super-effective damage.

Serena (Togekiss) (F) @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    - Tri Attack
    - Air Slash
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Ah, Togekiss. The Pokemon that once flinched a Gastrodon to death with Air Slash (I think it was yours, Rick. Correct me if I'm wrong). Tri Attack and Air Slash are for dual STAB, along with abusing Serene Grace, with a 20% status chance and 60% flinch hax chance, respectively. Psyshock was included over Psychic to help deal with troublesome Blisseys and Chanseys. HP Ice was mainly added to take care of 4x Ice weak Pokemon such as Gliscor.

One Last Look

This was my first RMT, but rate it like you would any other team.

Last edited by Ralts on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New sprites)

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:38 am