The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Best offensive cores! [BW2]

Tõx
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

So did I. <3
    Looking for my Tv.

Best offensive cores! [BW2]

Post by Tõx on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Shamelessy copied from
    Kira Light wrote:In this thread, you are free to discuss about which offensive cores are deemed most effective! Discuss about their offensive synergy and what they can accomplish together as a core. For example, one Pokemon can free the way for its teammate to sweep, and vice-versa. The formatting should go like this.
    • Name of the two Pokemon forming the core
    • Brief justification

I'll start off by giving an example.
    Gengar and Tornadus-T

Sets:

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 48 HP / 208 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split/Focus Blast

Tornadus-T (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 48 HP / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Hurricane
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    - Icy Wind/Hp[Ice]

What are T-t worst enemies?Let me guess,Jirachi,scizor and Heatran?If you find the Dugtrio/Magnezone trapkills boring,try this core,you won't be disappointed.Gengar is the perfect lure for things such as Scizor or Jirachi(Many people also switch-in things like Azumarill or Mamoswine),which can be easily killed among the combination of Substitute,Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split(or F-Blast in the case of Tran),and once these steels are gone,Tornadus can easily spam its powerful Hurricane without fearing to get walled or revenge killed.EVs spreads are simple,Gengar has the maximum speed and with 48 Evs reaches a leftovers number,while T-t has enough speed to outpace Timid Stamie(it even get a free speed point!) and the rest is dropped in Hp.
    This guys should be used under Toed rain support (I recommend a Scarf+Encore set).
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Re: Best offensive cores! [BW2]

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:12 pm

Necro-bumping this thread, so forgive me. Here's an offensive core I've had a modest amount of success with:

Scizor @ Life Orb | Technician
    Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Swords Dance | Bullet Punch | Superpower | Bug Bite

Breloom @ Life Orb | Technician
    Adamant | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Spore | Swords Dance | Mach Punch | Bullet Seed

Okay. So, this core works by abusing Technician-boosted priority moves to tear apart the opposing team and eventually open a sweep for one of the core members. Since most of OU focuses on outpacing the relevant threats while attempting to avoid being outpaced yourself, abusing priority truly is an anti-metagame strategy and is something many teams usually do not prepare for, something which my RMTs Theory and Deep Sea of Mare exploited. However, this core itself has some problems. For instance, any strong attacker that resists Mach Punch and Bullet Punch (e.g. Chandelure, Volcarona, Gyarados) can make mincemeat out of this core. It's imperative that if this core is used, something that can take them on, such as Scarf Terrakion, Scarf Landorus, or Defensive Rotom-W, is also used along them. Also, pairing this core up with a hazard setter, such as Deoxys-D, Mew, or Terrakion, helps force many KOs, and makes this core golden.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:04 pm