The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Pay The Price For Your Betrayal OU RMT

Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Pay The Price For Your Betrayal OU RMT

Post by Roxie on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Pay The Price For your Betrayal
    Wifi OU Team By Roxas

Welcome to my new Wifi OU Team, friends of Treehouse. It's been awhile since I've made an RMT, hasn't it? I've been trying to make a new RMT, but nothing could just come to mind, then I thought about making a new team a few days ago (7/18) and only got two pokemon. Anywho, onto the team

--Glance at the Team--
    -----
    I've gotten tired of constantly using weather for almost every team I create, and I've decided to make a bunch of non weather teams. I mean come on, seeing weather team after weather team is boring (that goes for Hail too, which you all should know is my favorite weather).

--Team in-depth--
    The names deal with the song posted above (If you'll notice that each of the names have parts of the chorus).

Run Away (Deoxys-D) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Recover
    - Night Shade
    Deoxys-D's incredible bulk gives it the chance to set up hazards. It's one of the fastest Hazard setters in the OU tier, and with it being so fast, it's easier to set up Spikes. Taunt can block out anyone else deciding to taunt me (except for the occasional Prankster Sableye), and any damage (minimal or otherwise) I can heal with recover, and then fight back with Night Shade. I've never actually used any of the Deoxys formes competitive wise (except for my very first team on Shoddy Battle, which was absolutely horrible).

Soak the Place (Gyarados) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    This Gyarados is basically set up over set up. If I can get at least one Dragon Dance up with him, I can deal some pretty badass damage. Earthquake is used to KO pokemon like Jirachi, Non balloned Heatran, and Non Balloned Excadrill, and Jolteon. Waterfall to hit pokemon like Heatran, Volcarona, Darmanitan, Gliscor, and Landorus. Stone Edge can hit any flying types like Thundurus/Thundurus-T, Tornadus/Tornadus-T, Salamence, and other Gyarados'. Moxie gives me that extra boost in power helping me KO other pokemon once I get that first KO/DD.

Light the Flame (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    I've seen Gliscor used so many times, but I've never tried it. I originally wanted to use the AcroBat set, but then I realized it's better used in Sand. So I decided to go with the Swords Dance boost. All I really have to do is avoid any ice/water type moves. Once I send it out, I activate Protect to get Toxic Orb flowing, then rely on using Swords Dance to get +2 attack and then use Earthquake for any Hot heads and Metal heads. Ice Fang is used to take out any opposing dragons and flying types. Sadly, if faced against a Gyarados, I'd be forced to swap out unless I'm at +6 (highly unlikely) and at that I might not KO it.

Pay the Price (Alakazam) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    The main point of Alakazam is to rid out Starmies and Gengars. With its amazing speed, it can out speed them both (assuming neither are scarfed) and take them out or at least deal some heavy damage. It's pretty much touch and go once I get Substitute set up. Psychic helps take out Gengars, Tentacruels, and any fighting pokemon (that are slower, like a non scarfed Terrakion). Focus Blast deals with Heatran, even with its poor accuracy. Shadow Ball hits Starmie and any other Psychic types that get in the way (i.e. Reuniclus). With Magic Guard, I take no damage from Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and the non exsistant Life Orb.

Your Betrayal (Jirachi) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 152 Atk / 204 SAtk / 152 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Thunderbolt
    Everyone should know by now that I've found an intrest in the smaller legendaries like Celebi, Victini, Mew, and Jirachi. I hardly use this little guy, and I really wanted to see him in action. After dealing with all the Haxrachis out there, I sorta want a way to get rid of them, and thus, Your Betrayal was born. I like this set alot because it can get some flinch rage going with Iron Head. It can fight other Jirachis with Fire Punch, and can outspeed the majority of dragons and flying types. Thunderbolt is used to kill any water types like Politoad and others.

Stay Away (Breloom) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    Techniloom was my favorite Dream World pokemon besides Keldeo. If it can use Spore, then get a +2 from Swords Dance, it can destroy a lot of pokemon (I originally wrote peoplemon, blooperz!). If Breloom uses Spore on a switch with a STChandy, then gets a single Sword Dance, it can OHKO Chandelure with Bullet Seed thanks to the power from Life Orb, Technician, and the Swords Dance. Basically this is my main sweeper since it can take out a heck of a lot of pokemon.

Yeah, so basically, this is my new team. I've had wins and loses, some mainly due to Breloom. I actually like this team, but I'm welcome to any recommendations. I have been thinking of swapping Gliscor though, so perhaps some ideas there would be cool. Rate Away friends~
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Re: Pay The Price For Your Betrayal OU RMT

Post by Kira Light on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 pm

awful team lol

jk placeholder for a rate
    Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Post by Roxie on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Just as a note: After talking with Jirachee for a bit, he said I should try out Ferrothorn over Deoxys-D and Latios over Gyarados. I've tested the changes, and I like having Deoxys-D, but I did change Latios over Gyarados. I'll edit that later

Start of turn 1
    Gardevoir has Mega Evolved into Mega Gardevoir!
    Gardevoir used Focus Blast!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

蓝色闪光: ⊙▽⊙
    Shadow Roxas: Noooot this time buddy
    蓝色闪光 forfeited against Shadow Roxas!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:28 pm

lol jirachee is one of my smogon bros

yeah, that change removes a team member weak to stealth rock, though you become slightly weaker to tyranitar

gliscor really doesn't need ice fang in this metagame without air balloon excadrill, so i'd change it to a subtoxic variant with earthquake / toxic / substitute / protect

you may also want a specially defensive variant of jirachi because your team looks really weak to tornadus-t atm

just some thoughts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 am