The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

The Secret I didn't know I had-Chapter 1

Brie

Hell

The Secret I didn't know I had-Chapter 1

Post by Brie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Spoiler:
    Chapter 1

I awoke to my roommate running around the room screaming about her missing lip-gloss. I rolled over and covered my head hoping to get some more sleep. She just wouldn’t shut up. I sighed and sat up.
    “Shantel did you look under your pillow where you always keep it?” I got up and grabbed the outfit I had picked out. Torn skinny jeans, a black tank top, and my favorite hoody. It was the last day of college out of the four years I had to be there to be a singer. . I slipped it on and put my PJ’s in the bag I had set for last minute things.
    “Oh! There it is! Thanks Rayne. You’re a big help.” Shantel squealed and put it on. I sighed. Shantel was a huge prep while I was Goth. I grabbed my laptop and went to class ignoring her. As I walked I watched my feet so I didn’t see the people passing me. I walked silently into class and sat down in the far corner where no one sat. I sighed and stared out the window barely hearing the teacher call the class to begin. My chin rested on the black sleeves of my hoody and my black hair curtained my face. My thoughts began to fill of little fantasies as I fell into a daydream.
    I’m galloping on an elegant black horse threw lavender meadows. The wind blows threw my hair making me smile. I heard a melodic chuckle and looked behind me to see Damian, his dirt blonde hair tousled by the wind. He slowed to a stop and called me over. I slowed to a trot and fell into place beside him. Damian grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it gently. I blushed a deep crimson and smiled at him. That was when the meadow began to burn. The smell of burning lavender was excruciating. I kept hold of Damian’s hand galloping out of the meadow. The fire got bigger and it was gaining on us. We pushed our horses to the limit until the fire consumed us. I screamed out an enchantment spell that surrounded us with a healing orb. I held Damian in my lap until he returned conscious.
    “Miss Lavater!” I snapped out of my daydream as the teacher called my name. A few of the students laughed and I shot them death glares. “Miss Lavater, could you please keep your daydreaming to a later time. You’re disrupting the class.”
    “Sorry Mr. Blouthmier. I won’t do it again.” Damn right I won’t. Today’s the last day.
    “See to it you don’t.” I fell silent sinking into my seat as Mr. Blouthmier went on with his lecture. The bell rang and I stayed behind waiting for everyone to leave before I did. I walked through the halls gagging silently at the making out students. As I walked into my room I noticed a box on my bed. I picked up the note on it reading it carefully.
    Rayne.
    I am deeply sorry about my behavior the other day. I understand that I should not have been rude to you in the middle of class. Meet me at the water fountain during the party. 9 o’clock sharp. Enjoy the dress.
    Love, Damian.
    I smiled to myself. A few days ago Damian had called me a loner and a loser in front of everyone. I sighed and shook the thought off and opened the box. Inside was a beautiful black sleeveless dress. It was made to fit the chest easily and didn’t show much skin around them, the front ended just above the knees while in the back in continued down. Inside the box under the dress were some black, fingerless gloves. I smiled again and changed into it. I looked stunning. After I fixed my hair and makeup I looked at my clock. It was 8 o’clock now meaning I had an hour to mingle at the party. I walked down and got admiring stares from everyone. I stayed in a corner watching everyone dance and have fun until the clock struck nine. I got up and walked to the fountain outside. It was nice and cool out. The fireflies buzzed around and the flowers looked amazing in the moonlight. I sat on the edge of the fountain and waited for Damian to show. But he never did. I’d been pranked. I knew he didn’t care. Right when I was going to leave I saw him walking towards the fountain with Shantel. I ran to him and slapped him.
    “You asshole! How could you tell me to meet you here and never show? Then show up with another girl! You’re just a jerk. And to think I loved you.” Tears were streaming from my eyes.
    Instead of him it was Shantel who spoke. “Don’t you get it Rayne? He didn’t leave the dress or the letter. It was me you dumbass.” Shantel laughed and Damian got a stern look on his face as he pushed her away and left. I and Shantel stood there dumfounded. I shook my head and left as well. I put the dress back in the box and kept it. I took my stuff out to my car and drove to my best friends that night. He was shocked when I showed up at his door at 11 o’clock at night.
    “I’m sorry Xander. I didn’t know where else to go.” As I looked at him my eyes began to swell with tears. Xander pulled me into a hug and held me in the doorway. I cried into his shoulder and he guided me inside to the couch.
    “What happened Rayne?” He looked at me worriedly. “Was it Damian?” I froze at the sound of his name. The tears continued flowing but my muscles froze up. “It was him wasn’t it…?” He said softly. He held me tighter, pulling me into his lap.
    I began to speak but I was stuttering. “A…a few days ago…in…in front of everyone he made fun of me…call…calling me a loner…a...and a loser.” My shoulders shook as I cried. There was a soft knock at the door.
    “Wait here.” Xander said softly setting me back on the couch as he got up to answer it. I listened to the distinct conversation.
    “What do you want jerk?” Xander’s voice was clear. Someone he didn’t like was here.
    “I want to talk to her. Please Xander. I need to.” Damian. I froze up in shock. How did he know I was here?
    “No. She’s upset enough. Go away.” Xander was stern. I got up slowly and walked towards the door.
    “It’s fine Xander. Let me hear him out.” I spoke softly stumbling as I held onto the walls. Xander just nodded and walked away. “What do you want Damian? Haven’t you hurt me enough?” Tears started springing again slowly.
    “To apologize, Rayne. I did leave you the dress. I didn’t tell you to meet me at 9 o’clock at the fountain. Here.” He handed me a small note.
    Rayne,
    Meet me by the old commons area at 8:30 sharp. I’ll be waiting. Enjoy your gift.
    Damian.
    I started crying more as I read the letter. So it was Shantel being a bitch. Xander heard me crying and walked to me telling Damian to leave. He did so after handing me a blood red rose. The rose began to get stained with my tears as I walked back in. I fell asleep in Xander’s lap on the couch and that’s where he left me. I woke up the next morning curled up in Xander’s lap again. I got off carefully and went to the kitchen to cook. It was the least I could do for him. I sighed remembering last night and it slowly brought the tears back. I willed them away and made omelets for him. Xander woke up a little bit after me and ate his breakfast happily.
    “I’m going home today Xander. I can’t stay here and be a burden to you.” Xander dropped his fork and frowned.
    “No way in hell are you going back to that place. Your mother’s abusive and your father’s a drunk. You’re staying here.” Xander looked at me sternly. Once his mind was made up there was no changing it.
    “Are you sure? I mean. I can find somewhere else to go. Maybe Mary’s or Grandma’s.” He just shook his head. So that was it. I was stuck there. I finished eating and cleaned up. “Today I’m also going to audition at the record label on 38th street.” Xander beamed.
    “Really? Good luck. They’re sure to accept you.” His smile made me smile for once. As soon as I had the dishes and kitchen clean I left to go audition. There was everyone who was anyone there when I got there.. I filled out my forms in silence and handed them to the manager when I was done. He smiled at me and I waved goodbye as I left. I used what money I had on me and bought some things for the house that I knew Xander needed. When I got back there was a box on the porch with my name on it. I picked it up and put the stuff away before opening it. Inside was an assortment of my favorite flowers. I picked up the note and read it.
    Rayne,
    Rayne I had to go out and do some errands. I’ll be back around 4. See you then. Enjoy the flowers. Love ya girly. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t.
    Xander.
    I couldn’t help but laugh at that. It was 2 now so I decided I’d clean the house. I finished cleaning at about three thirty and went to the park for a bit. The soft breeze felt nice running threw my hair. I looked around watching smiling faces on kids as they played. Too bad they don’t know what really goes on in life. I sighed and closed my eyes tilting my face up towards the sky.
    “Enjoying the outdoors hm?” What the hell was he doing here?
    “What do you want Damian? Haven’t I dealt with enough of your shit?” I glared at him. My peaceful afternoon just went down the drain. I felt a low growl forming in the base of my throat. My hearing perked up and I could tell just when he was going to move before he did. I felt a couple of my teeth lengthen inside my mouth but quickly pushed them back. I had learned how to do that after the first few times it happened. I didn’t know what it meant at all.
    “You’re right. You probably have. But you can’t get enough of me Rayne. We both know the two things you desire.” He cupped my face in his hand and I growled smacking his hand away and walking back to Xander’s. I couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off with Damian. I thought as I walked and wound up getting confused as to where I was. I sighed and looked up at the sky. Something was telling me to go west. I stupidly ignored it and continued going straight until I spotted a group of un-friendly looking people. I quietly hid and watched them to see what was going on.
    “Damn it when is he getting here?” The man’s voice was deep and menacing. He was built almost like a mountain with many scars all over. He had dark brown hair and chocolate eyes. Someone passed in front of my hiding spot and I ducked down.
    “He probably won’t, he never does.” The other voice wasn’t as menacing. In fact, he seemed like he was bored. The other man had black hair and green eyes. He was pale and didn’t seem like he should be around thugs. I held my breath as the one with green eyes passed by me. “I’m leaving. If he shows, lucky you Caleb.” My eyes widened as he looked out of the corner of his eye at me. He made a ‘follow me’ gesture with his head and I obeyed scared of what would happen if I didn’t. I heard the one called Caleb call after us.
    “What! Christopher bring her back here! If she heard anything she could be trouble to us!” Christopher ignored him and continued walking with me in tow. Caleb grabbed my arm and yanked me back. I was too scared to say anything. Before I knew what was happening Christopher had Caleb on the ground and was barking at me to run. Run I did. Faster than I ever had run before. I ran out of breath when I reached the bus stop. I sat down knowing no bus would come until the morning. I was tired and I was about to fall asleep when Christopher showed up.
    “Are you alright?” He asked softly. He seemed worried. To be honest, it was a little bit cute how he worried for me and we just met.
    “I’m fine. Just tired,” I muttered. I curled back up on the bench where I had been laying and tried to sleep again. I groaned as Christopher picked me up. “Put me down mister. I want to sleep.”
    “So sleep as I carry you Rayne,” My eyes burst open. He knew my name. How did he know it? I squirmed until he put me down. “Thought you were tired.”
    “How did you know my name?” I glared at him growling slightly. He was a stranger. I didn’t know his name. He shouldn’t know mine. I took a step back. No way was this creeper going to get to me. I felt strength building up inside, ready to be used. My hearing got clearer so I knew if he was about to strike.
    “Calm down Rayne. There’s a simple explanation. Ever heard of guardian angels?” He didn’t seem as though he was going to attack. I let my guard down some.
    “I’ve heard about them. I don’t believe in them though. They’re just fiction.” I held my ground. I’d been taught to fight before. He laughed. Wait. Why was he laughing? There was nothing funny going on. “What’s so funny mister?” I glared. He just laughed again.
    “You! You being what you are and not believing in guardian angels. Ha!” Being what I am? What the hell?
    Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Re: The Secret I didn't know I had-Chapter 1

Post by Roxie on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:02 pm

That is some really good writing Brie. I can't wait to read the rest.

Start of turn 1
    Gardevoir has Mega Evolved into Mega Gardevoir!
    Gardevoir used Focus Blast!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

蓝色闪光: ⊙▽⊙
    Shadow Roxas: Noooot this time buddy
    蓝色闪光 forfeited against Shadow Roxas!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.
    Brie

Hell

Post by Brie on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:55 am

Prometheus wrote:That is some really good writing Brie. I can't wait to read the rest.
    Uhm hum. >.> Sure it is. I honestly don't think it's the best I've ever come up with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:35 am