The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse, a Pokemon Online server.

Should Dragonite be Uber?

Poll

Yes or no?

[ 2 ]
    20% [20%] 
    [ 8 ]
    80% [80%] 

Total Votes: 10

RandomDude

Should Dragonite be Uber?

Post by RandomDude on Sat May 19, 2012 12:16 am

Sometimes I wonder if Dragonite should be uber cause Multiscale it's guaranteed to live one hit. And it can easily set up 1 - 2 DDs just with that. It also has access to Roost to abuse Multiscale, and it resists the very-frequently used Water, Fire and Grass-type moves. So with that, I rest my case, and I think Dragonite should be uber.

Although I have one on my team, idc. xD

Last edited by RandomDude on Fri May 18, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Re: Should Dragonite be Uber?

Post by Crossfire12 on Fri May 18, 2012 3:42 pm

No Banned Drago would be a very stupid thing, SR stops it's multiscale and Ice types moves KO it easy, There are very few ways to KO drago very easy if you let get up a DD then your in danger.

RandomDude

Post by RandomDude on Fri May 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Still, If no SR, Ice doesn't kill. Very Happy SR is only thing that matters if full HP dragonite.

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Fri May 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 108 SAtk / 148 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Thunder
    - Roost
    - Dragon Tail

M_Dragon's Dragonite is very tough to handle if you're facing a Rain team and you don't have weather on your side. It ruins offensive teams. Hurricane beats Celebi, Virizion and Conkeldurr, and Thunder is a great coverage move that beats stuff like Jellicent. This set is really effective because of Roost. Dragon Tail ruins Baton Pass teams and set-up sweepers. The EVs even allow Dragonite to outstall a +6 Reuniclus using Psychic!

Dragonite itself is a big threat, as a few Dragon Dances is all it needs to run through teams with Outrage. A lot carry a Lum Berry, which allows them to keep up the rampage. Just at +1, it an Offensive Dragon Dance Dragonite 2HKOs the standard Gliscor with Outrage and OHKO the standard Ferrothorn with Fire Punch.

252 +1 Atk Dragonite (+Atk) Outrage vs 252 HP/184 Def Gliscor (+Def) : 60.17% - 71.19%
    2 hits to KO

252 +1 Atk Dragonite (+Atk) Fire Punch vs 252 HP/88 Def Ferrothorn: 115.91% - 136.36%
    100% chance to OHKO

What makes Dragonite an even bigger threat is its access to the superb +2 priority Extremespeed, which allows it to take out revenge-killers coming-in hoping to take it out.

Choice Band Dragonite is also very dangerous, as an Outrage hits everything extremely hard and it has Multiscale to tank hits. Choice Band-boosted Extremespeed always hurts too. Anyways, Dragonite is so dangerous that most teams have a dedicated Stealth Rock user to help taking it out. However, most teams who carry a Dragonite also have a Rapid Spin user, and usually don't send in Dragonite if Stealth Rock is up on their side.

Roxas
    Administrator
    Administrator

When Lightning Strikes,
    A New Legend Will Be Born
    Pokemon-Online - The Treehouse

Post by Roxas on Sat May 19, 2012 9:00 pm

place hail and Mamo (SC obvi) with either ScarfCrash or SashShard. Multiscale would be useless against Hail.

Octillery

Somewhere

Post by Octillery on Wed May 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Along with SR, what about burn (on physical sets) or Toxic (either)? Dragonite has its weaknesses. It is amazing if handled correctly, but it needs a Spinner to avoid SR. I say no Uber.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 pm