The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

MorningStar's Rag tag team of Heroes

Blitz Comet

MorningStar's Rag tag team of Heroes

Post by Blitz Comet on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Swampert @ leftovers
    EVs: 100 Atk 180 Def 176 SpD 52 Spe
    Adament Nature (+Atk,- SpA)
    Ability: Torrent
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Roar

Description: Swampert is my Stealth rocker and is used to shuffle the other teams leads while walling Politoad(without Hp Ice) and Nintales Without Solarbeam. Swampert doesn't really do much attacking wise unless someone decides to switch into Dragonite or Latios, other than that he doesn't do much.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SpA)
    Ability: Blaze
    -Swords Dance or U-turn
    -Blaze Kick
    -Rock slide
    -Mach punch

Description: Infernape is used primarily to take out threats like Scizor, Jirachi, and Ferrothorn. Mach punch is used for priority, Rock Slide really helps against other fire types , and I sometimes use U-Turn so I don't have to hard switch into a Scald, Hydro pump, Earthquake, etc.

Electivire @ Air Balloon
    EVs; 196 Atk 252 SpD 60 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk,- SpA)
    Ability: Motor Drive
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Wild Charge
    -Brick Break

Description: Elevtivire is used to take out water types except for Gastrodon, Swampert, or Quagsire. But it is used to fool my opponent when they decide to double switch out their water types. The ballon really helps to switch into Earthquakes or any electric type attacks even though they're not baited out by any water or flying types.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    EVs: 192 HP 64 Def 252 SpA
    Quiet Nature (+SpA,-Spe)
    Ability: Magic Guard
    -Trick Room
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

Description: Reuniclus is my main sweeper and my main special attacker. The only trouble I run into sweeping with Reuniclus is Scizor but psychic usually does a good amount of damage to it, also if my opponent runs sucker punch it's a problem but not a lot of people run that move. Reuniclus can take a crunch or shadow ball fairly well so it's easy to get my trick room setup.

Scrafty @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SpA)
    Ability: Moxie
    -Dragon Dance
    -Ice punch
    -Drain Punch
    -Crunch

Description: Back when I first made my team, Scrafty was the main focus of the team. So all the other pokemon come in to take care of Scrafty's threats so he can setup, But now a days Scrafty is very difficult to setup but when he does he's unstoppable. Today Scrafty is primarily used as death fodder for Reuniclus. The problems I run into trying to setup Scrafty is Scizor's priority or mostly scarfed Terrakion.

latios @ Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe,-Atk)
    Ability: Levitate
    -Calm mind
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Thunder
    -Surf

Description: Latios is my last resort sweeper and my secondary special attacker. I Thunder on this set because no one really expects it and they switch into use ice beam and usually Latios is faster than most except for starmie really. I use dragon pulse over draco meteor so it doesn't lower SpA. Everything else is self explanatory. The only problems I run into with Latios are status ailments and scarfed haxorus or scarfed salamence.

Last edited by Blitz Comet on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Re: MorningStar's Rag tag team of Heroes

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:57 am

EDIT: Alright then.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Alright; I'll take a look at your team. From an initial look, it seems MixNape will be causing problems for your team. An Overheat, Close Combat, U-Turn and Grass Knot set is troublesome. Overheat nails Electivire, whilst Close Combat can take out Scrafty and Infernape. Swampert is taken out by Grass Knot, and U-Turn will dish out a decent amount of damage to both Reuniclus and Latios. Although a lesser threat, Choice Band Scizor can cause problems. It can use Pursuit to trap Latios, and can spam U-Turn to take out Scrafty and Reuniclus. To solve these problems, I'd recommend switching the team's weakest link, Electivire, for a Substitute + Dragon Dance Gyarados.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Bounce

With Intimidate, and a great defensive typing, Infernape and Scizor won't be able to get past this guy. When they'll have to switch out, you can set up a Substitute. After that, you can set up a Dragon Dance and start the rampage from there. The 56 HP EVs are used to prevent Ferrothorn's Power Whip from breaking the Substitute in one hit. Waterfall is the reliable STAB move that will be hitting hard after a few boosts. Bounce is a great move that allows it to get great coverage. It is also a 2HKO on Ferrothorn at +2. Finally, the last changed you should implement would be Hidden Power [Fire] over Thunder on Latios. It allows you to safely take out Scizor, Ferrothorn, Forretress and Skarmory, who would otherwise wall Latios. Good luck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:37 am