The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

My Current Team (as of April 6th 2012)

ScartheDemonTaco

Reap, Kazeshini!

My Current Team (as of April 6th 2012)

Post by ScartheDemonTaco on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Scizor @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP
    Careful Nature (+SpD,-SpA)
    Ability: Technician
    - Baton Pass
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Protect

Description: Obviously, Scizor is my baton passer. Swords Dance is the move used for Baton Pass. However, if i cannot Baton Pass and SD is up, I have Bullet Punch + Technician + STAB for some offensive power. Protect is for an extra Lefties recovery and to scout. The EV spread is mainly because i wanted a baton passer that could take a couple of hits before i baton passed into my chosen pokemon.

Druddigon @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
    Ability: Sheer Force
    - Dragon Claw
    - Chip Away ?
    - Earthquake
    - Night Slash

Description: Druddigon is one of the two pokemon that i have chosen to Baton Pass into. I gave it choice scarf for its lack of speed and the ability sheer force for extra power. The Ev spread is mainly for sweeping. The moveset works as a coverage for any possibe threats against Druddigon and my team.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power (Water)
    - Work Up ?
    - Shadow Ball ?

Description: Jolteon is my switcher/coverage pokemon. The Ability and moveset help with countering any threats to Jolteon or other pokemon on my team. Hidden Power is mainly for covering ground types, Shadow Ball for any psychic types, Work Up to boost power, and Volt Switch for STAB and switch technique. Choice Specs is mainly to power up Volt Switch when switching for a possible OHKO on pokemon like Politoed.

Starmie @ Wise Glasses
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Timid Nature (-Atk, + Spd)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    - Rapid Spin
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psyshock

Description: Starmie is my spinner/status ailment preventer. It deals with the entry hazards and and status problem that walls might throw at my team. Surf and Psyshock are mainly for the STAB benefit, while T-Bolt is for any Water pokemon that might be switched into on Starmie.

Gastrodon (THE SLUG) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    Ability: Storm Drain
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam

Description: Gastrodon is the wall of my team. It works as a switch-in against Water types and a way to stall against powerful foes. Toxic is my status ailment of choice. Protect is for boosting the effect of Toxic. Earth Power is for STAB. Ice Beam is for coverage against Dragon types and Flying types, as well as popping any Air Ballons Gastrodon comes acrossed.

Infernape (THE APE) @ Muscle Band
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    Ability: Blaze
    - Thunderpunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Punch

Description: This is my 2nd pokemon for baton passing into as well as my main sweeper. Thunderpunch is for covering any water types or flying types Infernape comes acrossed. Stone Edge is for any Dragon/Flying types that Infernape might have trouble with. Close Combat is for STAB. Fire Punch is for an accurate STAB that has no drawbacks.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Re: My Current Team (as of April 6th 2012)

Post by Crossfire12 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:25 pm

First off I like your team however There is a lot of things that need to be fixed up

Scizor now for your team needs to be a CB set if you don't like being locked into one move
    go with a Bluky SD set I'm saying this because Scizor has some low speed and could be a really good sweeper on your team

Change Druddigon for haxorus, Haxorus scarf set outclass Druddigon

Jolt is fine expect HP should be Ice, T-Bolt over Work up

Starmie should have leftovers or a life orb, Ice beam over Psyshock

You already have a water type on your team so you should find a pokemon to cover starmie, Celebi is a petty good one

A mixed attcking Infernape would outclass the one you have now

Sets Below:
    Spoiler:
    CB set for scizor
    Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 208 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs:252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Bug Bite / Superpower
    ~ Roost

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Brick Break
    - Dragon Claw
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    Bold Nature
    ~ Giga Drain / Grass Knot
    ~ Hidden Power Fire
    ~ Thunder Wave / Leech Seed
    ~ Recover

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive / Hasty Nature
    ~ Overheat
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ U-turn / Grass Knot
    ~ Stone Edge / Mach Punch

idk If my rate was good enough but hey that's for you to decide.

Last edited by Crossfire12 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added sets)
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey, Scar. First off, I'll individually nitpick your team members, before we proceed.

Scizor: Change the EV spread to 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk in order to take hits better on the special side. With this spread, Scizor isn't 2HKO'ed by Reuniclus' Focus Blast, which allows it to pass the boosts with more ease. It already has great natural Defense stat anyways. Bug Bite over Protect would help you deal with Psychic-types like Latios, Latias and Reuniclus, so this is a change I'd recommend.

Druddigon: Use Superpower over Chip Away. It will be of much more use, allowing you to nail Steel-types that resist Dragon Claw, like Ferrothorn.

Jolteon: Hidden Power [Ice] should be used over Hidden Power [Water], since it allows you to hit Ground-types and Dragon-types, which is better coverage than Hidden Power [Water]. Work Up is useless on a Choice set, so use Thunderbolt instead here. Also, Timid Nature is mandatory to outspeed Latios, Latias, Gengar, Starmie and Alakazam. You don't need more power than the one brought by the Choice Specs anyways.

Starmie: Use Life Orb over Wise Glasses.

Gastrodon: EV Spread should be 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA (with Calm Nature), as Gastrodon is purely a special wall. Consider Scald over Earth Power because of the burn chance.

Infernape: Use Life Orb over Muscle Band, and U-Turn over Thunderpunch, which doesn't hit hard anyways. U-Turn lets you scout, to maintain offensive pressure on your opponent. It also lets you hit Psychic-types that tend to wall Infernape, like Reuniclus, for a good amount of damage, which helps taking them out. Overheat over Fire Punch would help, as it hits insanely hard, and you can just use U-Turn afterwards to switch out, and reset the stat drops. In that case, use a Naive Nature instead of an Adamant Nature.

I do agree with Crossfire12 on using Haxorus over Druddigon, as Haxorus is much faster and hits harder. With a Choice Scarf equipped, it can outspeed any Pokemon not having any boosts or lacking a Choice Scarf and can spam Outrage, leaving a dent in many teams. It's a much reliable revenge-killer. The set can be found below.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break
    - Dragon Claw

Outrage hits non-Steels really hard, and can sweep the opponent if their team is weakened. Earthquake is a coverage move that allows Haxorus to hit Steel-types like Magnezone, who resists Outrage. It also lets you hit Gengar and Rotom-W, because Mold Breaker nullifies their Levitate ability. Brick Break lets you hit Ferrothorn hard. Dragon Claw goes in the last slot, which is useful to take something out without having to lock yourself into Outrage.
    ScartheDemonTaco

Reap, Kazeshini!

Post by ScartheDemonTaco on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Alright I will make the adjustments thank you for the tips! i really appreciate it!
    ScartheDemonTaco

Reap, Kazeshini!

Post by ScartheDemonTaco on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 pm

pictures are all thanks to Kira Light!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 am