The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

WHY U VOLTING BRO :P

Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

WHY U VOLTING BRO :P

Post by Crossfire12 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:17 pm

I made this team after I saw Harsha’s Post about volt-turning and since then I have been testing many teams that can do volt-turning and for the past week I have been using one with the best results so without a do let’s get to it.

Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Fake Out
    - Stone Edge

The team lead for a reason with most of it’s moves power up by the life orb and the Trait: Regenerator which heals 33% of Mienshao HP it makes a great pokemon starting with fake out to get damage off and then it has 3 moves to choose from: U-turn to get some damage off,Hi Jump kick is STAB and Stone edge is for the two OU of today Dragonite and Volcano.

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Leaf Storm
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Harsha’s set from his RMT only with T-Bolt over Thunder anyways its main job is to Volt out or Revenge kill a pokemon I don’t like most people don’t know how to deal with this pokemon cuz its RU but I see this pokemon becoming OU one day. Leaf Storm is Pure 120 STAB and HP ice deals with dragons.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar
    - Protect
    - Stealth Rock

When it comes to Vol-turning, Stealth Rocks can go a long way and so can burns Heatran is two in one SR to helps the others as well as the 30% chance to burn the foe is anyways nice so I don't have to deal with phy attacks much as well as Leftovers will be render petty useless.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Cursed Body
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Shadow Ball

Jellicent is two in one, A bulky water type as well as a spin blocker with cursed body I can stop an attack 30% of the time. Will-o-wisp and Scald are burning because Jellicent does not have the best def in the game, Shadow Ball is another Stab move that also lowers Sp.def at times and recover to get Hp back.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes

Skarmory is one of the best phy walls out there One of the reason I picked it, as I said for Heatran I will now say this about skarm. Spikes can go a long way with helping the Volt-turn duo, Whirlwind to start doing damage to other pokemon, BB for STAB and Roost to heal not much else to say here.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roost
    - Dragon Tail

This type of Dragonite helps a lot with SR and spikes up, T-Wave to para my opp. Sub up and then start to dragon tail and Roost to keep Mulitscale I like this set but it lacks Powers and most people can get around it so I might change this.

So anyways this has been my RMT it’s been a while but I know this team it works well and trust me I know it can go far with a bit more helps until then

~Vol

Last edited by vol60 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing Info on Skarm and Heatran)
    EpicSerperior
    Server Moderator
    Server Moderator

In pokemon b/w

Re: WHY U VOLTING BRO :P

Post by EpicSerperior on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:35 am

Place holder.
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Hey, vol.

Threats:

This team looks very solid. A first flaw I observed off-the-bat is that you are using a Multiscale Dragonite without Rapid Spin support. A Rapid Spin user and Dragonite are like peanut butter and jelly. I also noticed a weakness to Life Orb Latios, who can rip your team apart. It can beat Mienshao with Psyshock / Psychic, Heatran with Surf, Jellicent, Rotom-C and Dragonite with Draco Meteor, Skarmory with Hidden Power [Fire]. To solve this, I'd recommend you try out a Wish Support Blissey over Jellicent. It will let you tank special hits from any special sweeper very easily, and it provides Wish Support to heal your teammates. Jellicent doesn't seem to do much on your team, since all it does is act as a spin-blocker. You already have both Dragonite and Skarmory to deal with fighting-types already. Tornadus is another threat to your team, since none of your team bar Heatran can switch into a Choice Specs STAB Hurricane. Tornadus tend to have Focus Blast as coverage move, so Heatran isn't too safe either. Having a Blissey lets you completely wall Tornadus, and you can then Toxic Stall it to death.

@
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    ~ Wish
    ~ Protect
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Toxic

Introducing the best special wall in the game! The EV spread lets it take physical hits better, since its special defense is already so high. Wish lets you heal yourself or your teammates. Protect lets you scout, as well as rack up Toxic damage on your opponent. Seismic Toss is to break Substitutes and deal a good amount of damage after each time the move is used. Toxic lets you stall your opponent out easily, since Blssey is so bulky. You can now deal with Latios, who would have been a threat otherwise. This reunites the SkarmBliss combo, an effective defensive one.

Now, let's move on to the team's weakness to Reuniclus. Its ability, Magic Guard, means you'll need to hit it to take it down. Right now, not many can really hurt it too much. I'd recommend a Choice Band Scizor over your Mienshao for a few reasons. First off, Scizor has great synergy with Heatran. The latter can come in one fire-type attacks. Scizor can still use fighting moves to muscle through the opposing team, since it has access to Superpower. It surpasses Mienshao as a VoltTurner since it also has priority and better bulk. It will also help your team against bulky-psychic types like Reuniclus and Slowbro, by trapping them with Pursuit, and removing them from the game.

@
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit

U-Turn is for scouting, to gain offensive pressure. Bullet Punch lets you revenge-kill several fast threats, notably Terrakion. Superpower lets you beat Ferrothorn, whilst Pursuit is used to trap Latios once it uses a Draco Meteor and it tries to escape. It helps your team a lot against the likes of Reuniclus. Well, that is all. Nice team, and good luck! Sorry if this was done so late!
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 pm

ahh okay I will test out the Blissey ASAP and I think I might check Drago to a bluky DD set as the para set is getting me no where

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:58 am