The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

The Counter Game - LOGS

Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

The Counter Game - LOGS

Post by Artist Smeargle on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:39 am

This will be a holding place for the Counter Game logs, only posts that posted a counter will be shown in these logs. I will get to this tomorrow, so expect a giant Spoiler Box at somepoint. Afterwards, I will lock this thread and unlock it when the next game is done, as I will predict that we will delete the other logs, for convenience reasons. Have a nice day, I'll get this done tomorrow. Also, feel free to edit this yourself, Rick, Harsha, etc. (DO NOT LOCK THIS YET, AS IT WILL BE EDITED TOMORROW AND POSTS MADE BY REGULAR USERS WILL BE DELETED)

MASSIVE TEXT 1:

ARTIST SMEARGLE:
    Hello! As you know, its me Smeargle. Today, we will play, "The Counter Game"!
    To play, you must name a counter that counters the previous Pokemon that countered the Previous Pokemon (said Pokemon can only be used once. Forms like Rotom count as one, so if I us Rotom-W, you can't use Rotom-F. This MAY be changed later.).
    Note: If a Pokemon is NOT countered by the Pokemon you claim it to be, me, or POSSIBLY Rick will more then likely step in. Feel free to say so yourself if you have calculations and whatnot.
    Example:
    Magikarp
    Turtwig
    Infernape
    ...and so on!
    If it gets to the point where there are no more unused counters, then the last counter to be posted that actually countered something is the winner. I will post every two pages what Pokemon have been used. Rick has the option of doing this too if he wishes. Also, when there are likely no more unused counters, I, or possibly Rick will announce the winner. The prize is something minor, but I will decide later. By minor, I mean like "choosing your own tourny" or if you're mod or above, a cookie or something. I dunno. This will be edited out when I figure the prizes.
    Anywho...
    Here are the rules.
    -----
    1. Be polite.

2. Please add at least one set that counters the Pokemon.

3. (Optional) Add an image of the Pokemon.

4. Make it so that the Pokemon has 50% or more of a chance of beating the Pokemon, extreme luck like critical hits and whatnot are banned from the sum of countering. Also, 1HKO moves are banned. Switches to another Pokemon, and predicted switch ins are also banned due to that fact that if you predict it, your likely going to beat the predicted Pokemon. (However, switch ins in general are illegal. Example: You're fighting Magikarp with a Feebas, and you switch to Ivysaur, thats legal. However, you are fighting an opponent with Turtwig and you're using Infernape, and they switch to Empoleon, you predict that and use Close Combat; that's illegal. Just for no confusion) More bannings may be added later.

5. Let the person with the post above you post their set before listing a counter.
    -----
    More rules may be added.

To start this off, I pick...

(Sprite here)
    Volcarona!
    Specifically, this set:
    Volcarona (F) @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: Assume the standard.
    Timid / Modest Nature (+SpA or Spe, -Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
    - Rest

Let the counters begin!

Last edited by Rick on Mon 5 Sep - 0:13:16; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Sprite.)

--
    HARSHA:
    Alright, I pick...

@ (Heatran Sprite here)
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    -Protect
    -Roar
    -Substitute
    -Lava Plume

HEATRAN!
    He can come in on any of Volcarona's attacks and set up a Sub due to his 4x resistance to Bug Buzz and his immunity to Fiery Dance. Then he can pHaze away all of the Quiver Dance boosts that Volcarona has gotten up. Basically, he can't be touched by the big bug.

Last edited by Harsha on Mon 12 Sep - 16:25:18; edited 3 times in total

--
    RICK:
    Oh, how I love this.

(Sprite here)
    Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Aromatherapy heals status for the whole team, Seismic Toss is reliable in breaking Subs and dealing damage, and Softboiled gets the recovery to Blissey. Heatran cannot beat her one on one.

Last edited by Rick on Fri 23 Sep - 18:37:34; edited 1 time in total

--
    ARTIST SMEARGLE:
    I pick...
    Conkeldurr!

(Sprite here.)
    Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Payback
    - Bulk Up

Assuming this is one on one...
    Conkeldurr doesn't mind Aromatherapy.
    Healing from Softboiled shouldn't matter too much.
    Drain Punch should 1HKO Blissey, and heal Conkeldurr, so Seismic Toss doesn't do much.
    Toxic activates Guts, and Conkeldurr has Drain Punch to heal some damage off.

So basicly, this set covers Blissey completely. At least, your set.

Last edited by Artist Smeargle on Thu 29 Sep - 11:41:42; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos-- Even one letter.)

--
    HARSHA:
    Okay, here goes... I choose...

Skarmory! It's ironic that the SkarmBliss combo is already here.

@ (Sprite here)
    Trait: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    ~Taunt
    ~Spikes
    ~Whirlwind
    ~Brave Bird

Skarmory will take any hit Conkelderp has to offer, and can attack back with Brave Bird. If Conkeldurr has gained too many boosts, Skarm can Whirlwind them away. There's not much that Conkeldurr can really do to Skarmory, as Taunt can stop him from continually Bulking Up.

--
    RICK:

(Sprite here)
    Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Charge Beam

Magnet Pull is the bane of most defensive steels that cannot do a significant amount of damage to Magnezone in one turn. Skarmory is in that group. With this set, one can set up on Skarmory and kill it in two turns, usually walking out with a +1 in Special Attack and a sub.

--
    HARSHA:
    Here we go. Introducing...

@ (Dugtrio Sprite here)
    Trait: Arena Trap
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    ~Earthquake
    ~Shadow Claw
    ~Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    ~Sucker Punch

Basically, use Earthquake until it dies. The Focus Sash allows you to take an HP Ice if Magnezone has a Sub up already. Arena Trap functions the same way as Magnet Pull, only instead of trapping Steels, it traps anything not in the air. There's not much else to say.

--
    RALEIGH:
    @ (Bronzong Sprite here)
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Sassy
    EV's: 252 HP / 94 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpDef
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Earthquake

Bronzong is immune to Arena Trap and Earthquake, and Bronzong is resistant to Stone Edge. Its gargantuan Defense stat lets it take on Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and/or Shadow Claw while it murders Dugtrio with a Gyro Ball or two.

--
    WALRUS:
    (Rotom-H Sprite here) @ Choice Specs
    Nature:Timid
    EV's:4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
    -Overheat
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power (Grass)
    -Trick

This little microwave/toaster oven guy can force Bronzong out, OHKO with Overheat, or cripple it with Trick. He also is immune to Earthquake, 2x resists HP Ice, and 4x resists Gyro Ball.

--
    HARSHA:
    Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Threaten Trick. Scare with Stone Edge. Kill the Tornadus behimd the Rotom-H. Autobots, roll out! This set is pretty much self-explanatory.

Last edited by Rick on Sat 1 Oct - 19:27:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Keep the game flowing.)

--
    HEMLOCK:
    Machamp @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Bullet Punch/Thunder Punch
    - Payback
    - Ice Punch

This is a menace that Tyranitar would shit itself and run. Even if its counter resists fighting, it would take a suprising amount of damage. Payback is for ghosts, Bullet Punch if you want to hit hard first even thought it hits rock and ice for SE damage which Close Combat can beat and even more but Thunder Punch can hit flying types and water types. Ice Punch is for dragons, fliers, grass types and ground types.

--
    GONOGO:
    (Spiritomb Sprite here)

I choose Spiritomb, the FORBIDDEN pokemon.

Spiritomb @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Pressue
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 Def / 100 SAtk
    IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Trick
    - Psychic
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden Power (Fighting)

My Specs Spiritomb. It helped me a lot in UU.
    Anyhow, Close Combat does nothing to this guy. Spiritomb's bulk is quite decent and Psychic with Specs should definitely OHKO or at least, 2HKO.

--
    HEMLOCK:
    Jirachi (N) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Trick
    - Wish
    - Thunder Wave
    - Energy Ball

Spiritomb can't do jackshit to this Jirachi, if it tries to trick it, too bad, it gets another choice item. Psychic would barely do damage and it would be locked onto trick. Then, you can throw Wobbuffet in so it can only do trick and if Wobbuffet had a choice item, oh too bad, you would be switching items til you run out of PP.

--
    RICK:
    Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers | Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Punch / Waterfall
    - Roost / ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake

Sorry Harsha, but I had to. With this set and Multiscale, Dragonite can quite literally set up on every member of OU bar Haxorus, Mamoswine, and Cloyster. The slashed moves in the third slot are purely dependent on the weather, while the moves in the fourth slot are dependent on the role you want Dragonite to play on your team. If Lum Berry is used, then Roost is most definitely the preferred option in the 4th slot, but the other moves can be used.

--
    HARSHA:
    Oh no! Dragonite was used! Oh well, I'll have to content myself with this:

(Cloyster Sprite here) @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    ~Shell Smash
    ~Razor Shell
    ~Icicle Spear
    ~Rock Blast

Introducing Cloyster! His defense is amazing, so he won't take enough from Dragonite to bring him to an OHKO, or even a 2HKO. Depending on choice, you can go for a Shell Smash, or attack with Icicle Spear, which will do a number thanks to the ability to repeatedly hit. Skill Link makes sure you hit five times. Sadly, Dragonite will be hard pressed to defeat this thing.
    --

Here, Gonogo posted a Conkeldurr, but it was deleted.

--
    HEMLOCK:
    Keldeo @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Taunt

Exploiting Cloyster's low sp def is easy enough to do. Taunt Cloyster to prevent it from Shell Smashing and use Calm Mind. Since Keldeo resists all of Cloyster's moves, it would be easy to set up or you can use Focus Blast.

(BTW Conk was already used)

Last edited by Hemlock on Sat 8 Oct - 12:24:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Very Happy)

--
    GONOGO:
    Um, sorry about that. I forgot to take that in consideration. Anyways,

(Sprite here)
    I love this thing. I used it all the time in 4th gen.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    - Brave Bird
    - Return / Double-Edge
    - Close Combat
    - U-Turn

Brave Bird can OHKO a Keldeo with no Def EVs invested.

--
    RICK:
    For game flow consistency, I'll allow it for this round. Next round, no Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, or unreleased Dream World mons.

EDIT: Here it is!

(Sprite here)
    Metagross @ Choice Band
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    - Meteor Mash
    - Hammer Arm
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit

Metagross can switch into whatever Scarf Staraptor is carrying and threaten it with Pursuit or a Meteor Mash because of its reasonable bulk and resistance to Staraptor's main STAB. A weakened Staraptor can be sniped with Bullet Punch.

--

By "it," Rick means Keldeo, who is unreleased, or WAS unreleased at the time of posting this, as I do not know what time you are reading this.

--
    ARTIST SMEARGLE:
    Metagross? METAGROSS? This calls for...

[SPOILERBOX]

(Dream World picture of Gliscor here)
    [hugetext]GLISCOR![hugetext]

[bigtext]IT'S COUSIN GLISCOR ALL THE WAY FROM FINLAND![bigtext][SPOILERBOX]

Alright, no matter. Seeing as that Metagross doesn't carry Ice Punch, I think Gliscor should be able to handle it. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. Just in case, we shall use a simple Swords Dance set.

(Sprite here)
    Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Protect
    - Facade

Gliscor should be able to easily take 3/4ths of Metagross's attacks, even with Choice Band. Meteor Mash only becomes a problem if he gets an attack boost.

Pursuit is taken easily due to stats. Bullet Punch is taken easily too, though a bit less better. Hammer Arm is taken pretty easily with the resist I believe. Meteor Mash, as I said, is the only move to worry about. But from what I see, Gliscor should outspeed and Swords Dance, take a hit (assuming it's not a crit) and proceed to Earthquake.
    It has a chance to KO, according to Damage Calcs. 89.6% - 106%

...But, you could take the safer route of just attacking twice with Earthquake, as it's a 100% chance of a 2HKO unlike the chance of +2 Att 1HKO. No matter. Though Gliscor will take a heavy blow from Meteor Mash, Gliscor can still beat Metagross 1 on 1, even if it does have Choice Band.

(Unless Bullet Punch can 2HKO Gliscor)

--
    GONOGO:

(Sprite here)
    Kyurem @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    IVs: 30 Atk, 30 SAtk, 30 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Blizzard / Ice Beam
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hidden Power (Fire)
    - Focus Blast

Blizzard / Ice Beam lands a OHKO on Gliscor, as well as a Draco Meteor.

--
    HARSHA:
    Here it comes... Introducing the (other) pink blob!
    (Chansey sprite here) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    ~Wish
    ~Protect
    ~Seismic Toss
    ~Toxic

This moveset allows Chansey to Toxic Stall and make Kyurem take Life Orb damage as well, while soaking up attacks. If Kyurem tried to Draco Meteor, then it's screwed. If not, Chansey can still absorb its attacks and Wish itself to full health.

--
    ARTIST SMEARGLE:
    Oh look. Miss Chansey has come for a cup of tea.
    *Mexican Music in the background...*

[SPOILERBOX]

(Sugimori artwork here)
    [bigtext]It's senor Sigilyph from Mexico![bigtext]

[tinytext]Tacos free while supplies last.[tinytext]
    [SPOILERBOX]

Simple.

(Sprite here)
    Sigilyph (F) @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Cosmic Power
    - Roost
    - Psycho Shift
    - Stored Power

Sigilyph can come in on Chansey, no matter what attack she throws. Magic Guard protects from Toxic, and Roost is there for Seismic Toss.

Sigilyph can then set up Cosmic Power on Chansey, and, even with such high HP and Attack, Stored Power proves to be strong. Sigilyph can also pass on a Burn. Simple as that.

(Assuming One on One, like usual)

(888th post. Yay?)

Last edited by Artist Smeargle on Mon 24 Oct - 17:28:34; edited 1 time in total

--
    RICK:
    *Terrakion sprite*

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Quick Attack

Bye bye Sigilyph. We all know how this works.

Last edited by Rick on Mon 24 Oct - 17:29:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ninja'd.)

--
    [SH]CHAOS WOLF:
    Latias, come to my aid!
    Latias @ Life Orb (with Soul Dew not allowed, besides SD is cheap)
    Nature: Modest (+SpA -Atk)
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Speed, 128 SpA, 128 SpD
    Moves:
    - Psyshock
    - Ice Beam
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Draco Meteor

Taking a shot, I'd say Terra has a high defense, so that helps Psyshock. Ice Beam helps with SE (although I can't remember if its better against ground or rock). Dpulse for the power with LOrb. With DM for a last resort attack

--
    GONOGO:
    Terrakion has the same base stat for both his Defense and Special Defense...anyways,

(Sprite here)
    Regice @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Modest (+SAtk, - Atk)
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 SDef, 4 Spd
    - Toxic
    - Blizzard
    - Gravity
    - Zap Cannon

Goodbye, Latios.

DO NOT POST BELOW UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION.

DO NOT ATTACH SIGNATURE.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING OFF TOPIC, AS IT WILL BE DELETED.

NO SMILEY FACES OF THE SORT.

Any further questions can be sent to me via PM.

Last edited by Artist Smeargle on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : GOT A BIT MORE DONE - WILL CONTINUE TO WORK ON IT)
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Re: The Counter Game - LOGS

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 am

Bumped for round 2. You may now post counters. Round 1's winner was Kira Light, who already has a custom user title, courtesy of his promotion to mod status.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:06 am

Alright. I'll start off Round 2.

Male |
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    ~ Scald
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Slack Off
    ~ Psychic

Unboosted, Infernape cannot beat Slowbro.

Flare Blitz vs Slowbro = 18.78% - 22.08%
    Close Combat vs Slowbro = 18.78% - 22.08%
    Stone Edge vs Slowbro = 20.81% - 24.62%

Slowbro can take hits all day, and use Slack Off to regain 50% of its HP back. Regenerator already recovers 33.3% of HP just by switching out, which is great. Scald does 78.57% - 92.86% to Infernape, which proves that this is a complete mismatch. Ice Beam lets SlowBRO handle Dragon types, whilst Psychic is often used for Fighting types like Conkeldurr and Virizion. The EVs lets Slowbro deal with pretty much any physically oriented sweepers.

Last edited by Kira Light on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 am

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
    Modest Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Thunderbolt | Hydro Pump | Volt Switch | Hidden Power Ice
    First off, congrats Kira. Rotom-W will take anything that Slowbro has to offer, and can either nab offensive momentum with Volt Switch while dealing plenty damage, OHKO Slowbro with Thunderbolt, or hit predicted switches like Landorus or Dragonite with Hidden Power Ice or Hydro Pump. There is a reason that Rotom-W is number 3 in usage in OU.
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Female |
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SpA
    Calm Nature
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Recover
    ~ Scald
    ~ Ice Beam

This is simple. Gastrodon can come in on a locked Volt Switch, Thunderbolt or Hydro Pump, as its ability and typing means it is immune to the mentioned moves. Hidden Power [Ice] won't do much to Gastrodon-East, who is running a Specially Defensive set to wall the opposing Rotom-W completely.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Venusaur @ Life Orb | Chlorophyll
    Modest Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Growth | Energy Ball | Hidden Power Fire | Sludge Bomb
    Venusaur can either threaten Gastrodon out by sponging a hit (Ice Beam) due to its immunity to Toxic and resistance to Hydro Pump and set up a Growth, or it can straight up OHKO Gastrodon on the spot without the risk. The moves provide coverage with two STABs.
    Hemlock

Astral Void

Post by Hemlock on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:23 pm

@ Male
    Trait: Snow Warning
    Evs: 16 Atk 252 SpAtk 240 Speed
    IVs: 30 Atk 30 SpA 30 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    ~ Hidden Power Fire
    ~ Blizzard
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Wood Hammer

Abomasnow won't mind an Energy Ball and can set up hail and hit Venusaur with Blizzard for a sure 1 hit.

Harsha EDIT: so abomasnow in no way counters venusaur. please read the definition of a counter before posting.
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Behold, the most dangerous set-up sweeper in OU!

Female |
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
    Bold Nature
    ~ Quiver Dance
    ~ Fiery Dance
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Morning Sun

Abomasnow cannot touch this Bulky Quiver Dance set. Whilst it takes minor damage, Volcarona can start setting up Quiver Dances to start destroying the opponent's team. Fiery Dance already OHKOs Abomasnow without any boosts. Bug Buzz is the secondary STAB option to grant great coverage. Morning Sun allows recovery.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:01 pm

@ Rock Gem
    Justified
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat

Volcarona won't be getting past this Terrakion. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance do a pitiable amount of damage to its tough exterior. Meanwhile, Substitute guarantees Terrakion's safety and Swords Dance boosts Terrakion's destructive potential. Stone Edge OHKOs, and Close Combat is more reliable STAB.

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

jtnfrjdwdjwn

Post by Kira Light on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Female |
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Protect
    ~ Earthquake

Terrakion won't be able to hurt Gliscor much, since the latter is running a fully physically defensive set. Gliscor also gets 12.5% recovery per turn, which adds to its walling abilities. Substitute can be set up on an opponent that can't hurt it. Toxic is used to Toxic Stall. Protect lets it recover 12.5% of health instantly, as well as letting it stall. Earthquake hits Terrakion hard, and is the main STAB used.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Wee. KEEP THE GAME FLOWING.

Crobat @ Leftovers
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 ATT / 200 SP. ATT / 56 HP
    Naive Nature
    - U-Turn
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Brave Bird
    - Heat Wave

Gliscor cannot touch Crobat. At all. Leftovers make Stalling pointless. HP Ice hits for a X4 effective hit. I REALLY can't say much.

YES I WAS LAZY WITH THIS, AND I MASHED TOGETHER THINGS TO COUNTER IT.

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Latios @ Choice Specs | Levitate
    Timid Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Draco Meteor | Surf | Hidden Power [Fire] | Psyshock

I like that set format. Thanks Harsha!

Now. Latios can come in on everything that Crobat has to throw, and threaten with a OHKO from Draco Meteor or Psyshock. The other moves are mere coverage.

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Female |
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Careful Nature
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Rest
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Crunch

The appearance of a Sandstorm increases Tyranitar's Special Defense significantly. By maxing out both HP and Special Defense, Tyranitar becomes an amazing Special Wall. It is immune to Psyshock, whilst it can easily tanka Draco Meteor or a Surf. It also resists Hidden Power [Fire]. Rest is for immediate recovery!
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 am

Lucario @ Life Orb | Justified
    Adamant Nature | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Swords Dance | Close Combat | ExtremeSpeed | Bullet Punch

Lucario can switch in on any of Tyranitar's moves and proceed to set itself up. In fact, it ca switch in on Crunch and get a +1 boost in Attack, without having to set up. A Close Combat, even when unboosted, can OHKO Tyranitar. A Bullet Punch at +3 can OHKO Tyranitar.

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Female |
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Disable
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Blast

Gengar's typing effectively renders it immune to Extremespeed and Close Combat. An unboosted Bullet Punch won't be hitting very hard at all. That move can also be disabled, which forces Lucario to switch out. In the meantime, Gengar gets a free Substitute, which grants it a free turn, which can be a deciding factor in some matches. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are coverage moves that will be hitting hard off Gengar's massive 130 Special Attack Stat, which is also fully invested in EVs.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:55 am

Scizor @ Leftovers | Technician
    Adamant Nature | 248 HP / 92 Atk / 164 SpDef
    Swords Dance | Bullet Punch | Pursuit | U-turn

Scizor can switch into a Shadow Ball and Focus Blast and not be too fazed by it. Afterwards, it can threaten with Pursuit or Bullet Punch. Having those two moves lets it disregard Disable, knowing that one of its move choices can still affect Gengar.

Last edited by Rick on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:20 am

MAGNEZONE

Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Charge Beam
    ~ Hidden Power [Fire]
    ~ Thunderbolt

Magnezone's Magnet Pull prevents switching, so Scizor needs to stay in. Magnezone is 4 times resistant to Bullet Punch, resistant to Pursuit and U-Turn. In the meantime, it can set up a Substitute, and get Charge Beam boosts. Being behind a Substitute, Magnezone can eliminate at least one other Pokemon after that. Hidden Power Fire and Thunderbolt are for coverage. The EV spread lets Magnezone tank physical hits.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Salamence @ Choice Scarf | Intimidate
    Naughty Nature | 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Outrage | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Fire Blast

Charge Beam doesn't do much. Neither does Hidden Power Fire. Thunderbolt will only sting after a boost or two in Special Attack. Meanwhile, Earthquake and Fire Blast can do Magnezone in. Outrage and Dragon Claw are meant for STAB, but they're worthless against Magnezone.

Tõx
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

So did I. <3
    Looking for my Tv.

Post by Tõx on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:03 am

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Discharge/Thunderbolt
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power [Grass]/Tri attack

This porygon can take with ease every salamence attack,acting like a special sponge and tracing the dragon's intimidate,while restoring Hps with recover.
    Ice beam severly injures Salamence,while thunderbolt and Hp/Tri attack are just fillers.
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:09 pm

What a clown!
    |
    EVs: 252 HP | 252 Atk | 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Mach Punch
    ~ Payback
    ~ Stone Edge

A Choice Band boosted STAB, super-effective Superpower is already a guaranteed OHKO. If ConkelHURR is paralyzed because of Discharge, its Attack gets a considerable boost. Mach Punch lets Conkelderp beat faster opponents who are weak in health. Payback lets it hit bulky Psychic types like Reuniclus, while Stone Edge is a coverage move that lets Conkeldurr beat Volcarona, Salamence and Dragonite.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Alakazam @ Focus Sash | Magic Guard
    Timid Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Psychic | Energy Ball | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast

Rawr. Focus Sash guarantees that Alakazam will live through anything ConkelHURR throws at it. Psychic is a guaranteed OHKO, and the other moves are mere coverage.

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 am

Blissey | Leftovers | Natural Cure
    Bold | 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    ~ Aromatherapy
    ~ Softboiled
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Toxic

Blissey can tank any of Alakazam's moves. Aromatherapy allows Blissey to heal the status of every teammate. Softboiled is for recovery, while Seismic Toss deals a decent amount of damage each time it is used. Toxic is used to Toxic-stall.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Breloom @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal
    Careful Nature | 236 HP / 212 SpD / 60 Spe
    Spore | Bulk Up | Drain Punch | Seed Bomb

Spore incapacitates Blissey. Bulk Up makes Breloom's Drain Punches and Seed Bombs hurt all the more intensely. Drain Punch leaches from Blissey's HP, and Seed Bomb is just generally reliable STAB. Fun fact: VoltTurn has trouble with this set.

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 pm

TIME FOR AN NU POKEMON TO SHINE! BEHOLD, THE PINK HYPNO FROM THE BERRY FOREST!

Female | | Insomnia
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Grass Knot

Hypno's ability, Insomnia prevents Breloom from putting it to sleep with Spore. It resists Drain Punch and isn't hit hard by an unboosted Seed Bomb. Breloom doesn't have any Attack EVs anyways. Seed Bomb will be dising out only 28.88% - 33.96%. Drain Punch only does a laughable 12.3% - 14.44% to that bulky Hypno. On the other hand, the Hypnosis Pokemon's Psychic will be dealing 88.51% - 104.6%, which is a lot. It's a OHKO if we take Stealth Rock into consideration. The other moves are for coverage. Shadow Ball lets it hit Ghost-types like Chandelure and Gengar and Focus Blast nails Ferrothorn. Finally, Grass Knot hits Gastrodon and Jellicent for a good amount of damage, thanks to the Choice Specs boost.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 pm

ahaha we should stick to threats that will be used in the metagame. anyhow, my turn i guess :d

hydreigon @ choice specs | levitate
    modest | 64 hp / 252 spa / 192 spe
    draco meteor / focus blast / fire blast / dark pulse

dark pulse ohkoes hypno who cannot beat hydreigon, even with focus blast. hydreigon is also immune to psychic, a major boon seeing as hypno needs to use psychic to beat breloom. just try and switch in. i dare you.
    also sorry about the lack of caps, my shift key was kinda whacked out and i copied the symbols from word :d

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:27 pm