The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

NEW GAME RECOMMENDATION - Happy Wheels

Poll

Did you like the game?

[ 1 ]
    33% [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    33% [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    33% [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

NEW GAME RECOMMENDATION - Happy Wheels

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:54 am

Since Rick recommended one long ago, I thought I might as well.

HAPPY WHEELS - Game made by Jim Bonacci - Several Reviews by others

Happy Wheels! A good ol' gory game, presented in a cartoon fashion!

Anywho, I'd like to get to the gameplay.

-----------------------TAKEN FROM SITE----------------------
    ||
    ------------------------------------------------------------

A simple control scheme, some characters react to said actions easily, others don't.
    With such controls, you may grow to like certain characters.
    In which case, I shall list them

--------------------TAKEN FROM WIKIPEDIA--------------------
    Wheelchair Guy
    The character is portrayed as an stereotypical homeless old man in a wheelchair. The wheelchair has a gas/nuclear powered jet engine attached to it and when activated, it gives the player an unlimited turbo boost. He also appears in Divine Intervention, another game by Bonacci.
    ---
    Segway Guy
    Segway Guy is portrayed as a businessman on a Segway with an ability to jump. Segway Guy has weak legs which may break off if the player hits the ground too hard. He is also the heaviest non-obese character. His voice is used for Lawnmower Man, Explorer Guy, and the man of the Moped Couple.
    ---
    Irresponsible Dad
    A moustached man, portrayed as a father in his mid-to-late 30's who rides a bicycle with his young son in a child's seat in back. His son is left without any protective gear, hence the father's name, although the father himself does sport a helmet. The Irresponsible Dad also shares a unique ability with the Moped Couple that allows the father and son to be launched off the bike independently of one another. If the child dies while the father remains alive, he'll shout "D@mn it!" in a considerably calm tone. His son is sometimes called Timmy or Jimmy.
    ---
    Effective Shopper
    This character is portrayed as an obese woman who rides in a motorized shopping cart with a basket filled with food items. This character can also jump by pressing the space bar. She is one of the heaviest characters.
    ---
    Moped Couple
    Based on Audrey Tautou's and Mathieu Kassovitz's characters in Amélie, the character is portrayed as a man who rides a moped and his presumed girlfriend riding pillion behind him. When the space bar is pressed and held, the player is given a temporary turbo boost that will regenerate within a few seconds.
    ---
    Lawnmower Man
    An obese black man who rides a green riding-mower, resembling a John Deere. When running over other characters or fruit, the mower shreds the other characters/fruit and can slowly pull them in, however it cannot cut grass. Lawnmower Man also has the ability to jump.
    ---
    Explorer Guy
    An Indiana Jones-esque character riding a mine cart. With the addition of this character the character developer, Jason Schymick added a new environment element to the game; a railing, in which when Explorer Guy is in contact with the rails, he can lock his minecart's wheels to the rail and ride it.
    ---
    Santa Claus
    For the Christmas season of 2011, Jim decided to add Santa Claus to his characters. Although similar to common depictions of Santa Claus, his sleigh is pulled by elves rather than reindeer. The player can still control the sleigh even if the elves or Santa are dead. Santa also has the ability to fly which is achieved by holding space.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

No matter the character, the controls are always somewhat simple. Wheelchair guy is a *minor* exception, with Shift and Ctrl.

Moving on. slopes WILL be your enemy unless your character has the ability to boost, or it isn't a very steep slope. And, the servers can be laggy due to high traffic. DAWM YOU HEADACHE PUPPY. (OK, so you don't see him THAT often...)

Also, there are a large amount of clones. Seriously. Sword throws up the a-a$$...

And don't get me started on Justina Beaver levels. I mean, I hate the person, but SHEEEESH.

...But if you can get aside the bad parts, you will see awesome and creative levels! Also, there is a new character every few months, so I expect one in March.

Also, there are plenty of laughs to be had, whether you get ran over by your own bike, you're intestines are off two ledges and dangling you from up high, or you're just running into fat ladies! Or heck, throwing your son out of his bike seat and tossing him into a harpoon to help you disable it! (Not really.)

And, if you register (Sign Up, Join, for free of course.), then you can create your own levels with Level Editor! It can help you test the latest character, or just make a wacky obstacle course!

With all of that said, I think I will leave you with this.

http://www.totaljerkface.com/happy_wheels.php

-You will need Flash-

Also, search "Artist Smeargle" by authors to see my levels!

And don't forget to leave your thoughts below!

Last edited by Artist Smeargle on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wario done it.)
    EpicSerperior
    Server Moderator
    Server Moderator

In pokemon b/w

Re: NEW GAME RECOMMENDATION - Happy Wheels

Post by EpicSerperior on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:18 pm

*Starts to play the game and doesn't read the description* *In the pokemon level, Pikachu used thunder bolt!* *Blood splashes everywhere.* I'm Like: affraid

Lol.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Played it already long before Artist and you the rest do. Smile
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:28 am

LE UPDATE POST, FOR UPDATES ON THE GAME, MOSTLY MINOR ONES. DO NOT DELETE.:

Default blood changed back to the original, new Effective Shopper title background!

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:36 pm

http://www.totaljerkface.com/happy_wheels.php?levelid=2919409 The version 1 of a knife throw map I just made.Hope you enjoy. ^_^
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Eeeewwwww.
    Knife throws.

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 am

New Happy Wheels map by...ME!

http://www.totaljerkface.com/happy_wheels.php?levelid=2930005

It's a map which you gotta raise speed on a freaking road with boosters, jump over a bridge with spikes and then grab the chain and then grab the coin.The map is playable basicly with the daddy but you can use whatever character you want.Enjoy. ^_^

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:54 am

NEW UPDATE (Kinda late but let's not let this topic die!)

There's a new character, voiced by UberHaxorNova, the Pogo Stickman.

@Artist Smeargle - Update the damn topic. ^_^
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:17 am

Don't necrobump threads. Dummkopf.

LOCKED.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca