The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

How to Maximize Your Potential in Wifi

Poll

Was this post helpful?

[ 3 ]
    43% [43%] 
    [ 1 ]
    14% [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    14% [14%] 
    [ 2 ]
    29% [29%] 

Total Votes: 7
    ilikecookies

u.k

How to Maximize Your Potential in Wifi

Post by ilikecookies on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:16 am

Spoiler:
    WARNING! This is very difficult to read!

Hello. This is ilikecookies!'s guide to getting better at Wifi Battling.

******************YOU WILL NEED:*****************************

A Nintendo DS, DS Lite, DSi, or DSi XL
    A copy of Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, or White

*************MAIN RULES OF WIFI:*********************

No hacked Pokemon
    Sleep Clause (no more than one Pokemon on your or your opponent's team can be asleep at one time; sleep from Rest doesn't activate Sleep Clause)
    Freeze Clause (no more than one Pokemon on your or your opponent's team can be frozen at one time)
    No Uber Pokemon (unless it's agreed upon beforehand)
    Item Clause (if playing by VGC rules)
    Species Clause (no two Pokemon on the same team may be of the same species)
    Evasion Clause (Double Team and Moody are banned)
    OHKO Clause (moves that cause a OHKO [e.g. Sheer Cold, Guillotine] are banned)

Finally, before we begin, VGC is short for Video Game Championships. The VGC is hosted by Nintendo.

***********************4th gen EV training/IV breeding**********************

So you want to make your team the best you can well theres a few things to make your pokemon the best they can be, you dont need to ev train but it makes a major difference.

A Pokemon can obtain 510 evs altogether.
    EV is short for Effort Value. for example every pokemon you kill you get a different amount of evs which form your stats.
    each stat can take 255 evs max but it is advised you only put a max of 252 evs in a stat becase you will waste 3 evs. This is because every 4 evs gives you 1 in that stat when your pokemons level 100.(255 is not divisible by 4 so 3 are wasted)
    Different pokemon give different evs. for example a easy way to train attack is on goldeens which give 1 attack ev.
    so if i kill 252 im done for that stat and it should be maxed out. by mistake if you kill a wrong pokemon just use a ev reducing berry whch kill of evs. to kill 252 goldenns might take some time you see so you can speed it up for example a infection called pkrs can double your evs gained. (pkrs is VERY rare mor ethan a random shiny encounter) a pokemon caught ca have pkrs which if in your party with your pokemon can spreadso all your pokemon can get double evs! so thats only 126 gooldeens to kill but it can be speeded up even more, with power items from the battletower for 16bp each for attack its power bracer which gives 4 more evs per kill so each goldeen gives you 1 doubled from pkrs to 2 then 4 extra which is 6evs. so you only need to kill 42 goldeens (if im wrong with my maths plz dont hesitate to tell me) so now youve done it the quickest way with pkrs and a power item you now have finished you atatck training! now 1 more stat so if im doing a dragonite id just use the hp poweritem(forgot name just look at description of bp items) and pkrs and kill bidoofs which give 1 ev. YOU CAN ONLY EV POKEMON FROM LEVEL 1 PROPERLY IF THEY ARE HIGHER USE THE EV BERRIES UNTILL IT HAS NO EVS(google them for their names i have never used them) now you have like 6 evs left which you can give to any stat.

*************IV BREEDING*********************(still 4th gen)

ok you need a pokemon with acording natures to max their power.

a pokemons nature impacts its max stats.

ADAMANT is +attack- sp.atk (best for phsical sweepers)
    MODEST(+ sp.atk - atk) best for sp.atck sweeps like porygon z
    JOLLY + speed - sp.atck for phsical fast leads or just phsical fast pokes
    RELAXED + def - speed for phsical walls
    SASSY+ sp def - speed for sp.walls
    TIMID + speed - attack for sp.atk speedy pokes

these natures are the best

so i have a dratini which is adamant and ive given dratini its evs now i continue training it till it evolves....

************ivs****************

if you are really perfect and just want that extra boost

you can check a pokemons ivs which are givein to it when its born with and ar(action replay)
    i dont have a ar ivs are just that extra boost (indivisual values)
    dont worry about these too much but if you do thats great.
    you can have 31 ivs max for a stat.
    you can check 1 ev 100% acurate without a ar.
    secondary natures tell 1 ev's number

best secondary natures

likes to thrash about 31 attack evs
    google for more because i can steal others info only want to post the ones off my head
    alert to sounds 31 speed
    michevious -31 sp.atk ivs
    capable of taking hits-31 def ivs

*******summary********

hatch a pokemon with right nature
    train it using the specific pokemon look up serribies ev point guide(very brief just tells you what pokemon give what ivs)
    after it has all its ivs and right nature rain it till its its final evolotion
    give it and item and battle with it
    IN 4TH GEN YOU CAN MAKE ALL YOUR POKEMON AUTO LVL 100 FOR A BATTLEAND THEY WILL HAVE THEYRE LVL 100 EVD STATS IF THEY ARE EVD.
    AND ENJOY........

GUIDE BY ILIKECOOKIES ANY MISTAKES PLEASE POST AND ANY QUESTIONS POST THEM TOO

IF YOU WANT PKRS IT IS VERY RARE AND YOU CAN RANDOMLY ENCOUNTER IT IN THE GAME. I HaVE ENCOUNTERED IT AND WILL HAPPILY GIVE IT TO ANYONE JUST KEEP THE INFECTED POKEMON IN YOUR PARTY TILL IT SPREADS AFTER A FEW BATTLES. JUST RUN EACH TIME.

ANY QUESTIONS PLZ ASK AND YOU DONT NEED TO BREED POKEMONS IVS BUT IT HELPS. NATURES PLZ USE THE RIGHT NATURES

AND FINALLY PLZ EV TRAIN OR YOU HAVE LITTLE CHANCE OF EVER WINNING.

********This is my guide. It took a long time for me to write this, so please dont use it without permission.********

mobbythemoblin

Re: How to Maximize Your Potential in Wifi

Post by mobbythemoblin on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:08 am

You said at one point that the macho brace adds 4 EVs.
    I believe that the macho brace works in the same way as the pokerus but is aheld item and halfs speed. (Doubles EVs gained).

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:33 pm