The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Ichirin No Hana

Poll

Did you like the team?

[ 3 ]
    75% [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    25% [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Ichirin No Hana

Post by Kira Light on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

Ichirin No Hana
    5th Gen. OU RMT by Gonogo [Kira Light]

The team name's origins

Spoiler:
    "Ichirin No Hana" was a song created and sang by HIGH and MIGHTY COLORS, a Japanese band. Their song was used for Bleach's 3rd opening, used during Season 3 (The Soul Society: The Rescue arc). It's my favorite Bleach season so far, and I was inspired by the great music to come up with the title. In the opening picture, you see Kuchiki Byakyuya fighting the main protagonist, Kurosaki Ichigo. Their battle was epic.
    □■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Introduction

Good morning, Treehouse. The team I will present to you today was built roughly a week ago, when I wanted to build a team based around MixMence, a Salamence set I had yet to test out. After a couple of battles, I was really impressed by its Stallbreaking abilities, and its sheer force coming from both its Attack and Special Attack is devastating. Using this dragon type Pokemon, I added other members to support it, and my team was finally completed. It's one of my favorite teams I've built so far and one of my best as well. I'd like to give Rick[Wario is OSSIM] a shout-out, since the formatting I used for this RMT is almost identical to the one he used in .::Fire Power::., an excellent Sun team.
    (20:00:47) Kira Light: What do you think about my team?
    (20:01:09) Trinitrotoluene: It's good.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Team at Glance

Importable

Code:
    Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Salamence (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Brick Break
    - Roost

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Scald
    - Fire Blast
    - Slack Off

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Power Whip
    - Thunder Wave
    - Stealth Rock
    - Leech Seed

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

The Team in Detail

Female | | Regenerator
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk | 0 Atk
    Bold Nature
    ~ Scald

~ Psychic
    ~ Slack Off
    ~ Fire Blast

Slowbro has always been known to have a massive bulk. When it received Regenerator from the Dream World, it became really amazing in OU. Having access to Scald made it even more dangerous, as the 30% chance of burning could really cripple physical sweepers. Slowbro is a big help for my team, as it can come in on Close Combats from Terrakion, and take it very well. The damage lost to the hit can be recovered by the 33% heal provided by Regenerator once I switch out. Scald gets a very decent 120 Base Power with STAB, but its secondary effect is even more useful, as it can burn physical threats. Psychic is its other STAB move, reaching a 135 Base Power thanks to STAB. It allows Slowbro to take care of fighting types such as Conkeldurr. Slack Off heals 50% of HP, which is very key when stalling out an opponent, as well as healing itself. Fire Blast is mainly used for Ferrothorn, Forretress and Scizor, who will be hit hard. Fire Blast does 121.28% - 143.44% to a standard Scizor, which is a sure OHKO. If Scizor locks itself into Bullet Punch, it can't do more than 16% to the Hermit Crab Pokemon. The EVs used on the set maximize HP and Defense, so Slowbro can do its role as a physical wall beautifully. The Bold Nature enhances Defense, while lowering Slowbro's useless Attack stat. The IVs, as Rick [Wario is OSSIM ] likes to say, minimize confusion damage and are situational, but useful.

Synergy:

Scizor, Ferrothorn
    Salamence, Scizor, Ferrothorn
    Salamence, Scizor, Ferrothorn
    Scizor, Ferrothorn

Genderless | | Levitate
    252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 Def
    Modest Nature
    ~ Volt Switch
    ~ Thunderbolt

~ Hidden Power [Ice]
    ~ Hydro Pump

Rotom-W is one of the most-used Volt-Turners in the current metagame. Its unique typing leaves it only weak to Grass-type moves. While its 50 Base HP is quite underwhelming, a base 107 for both Defense and Special Defense is amazing. The Rotom-W used in this team was a bulky Specs user. The process of Volt-Turning consists of using Volt Switch / U-Turn on a Pokemon that just switched in, so the Speed factor is not that important to be an effective Volt-Turner. The EV spread lets it take hits better, whilst hitting super-hard with a Choice Specs boost. The Modest Nature adds power. Thunderbolt reaches a 142.5 Base Power with STAB, and is mainly used for dealing with SubBounceDos, which can be very annoying. Hidden Power [Ice] lets it hit Dragon types like Dragonite and Salamence, who will be OHKOed once hit by Stealth Rock. Hydro Pump reaches 180 with STAB, and can hit Rock, Ground and Fire types super-effectively, whilst keeping a good coverage and hitting hard. Rotom-W is the second part of my Volt-Turn core, and is used to lay offensive pressure whilst keeping momentum on my side. Levitate is a very useful ability that adds a Ground immunity to the Washing Machine, which lets me beat Landorus. The 2 Atk / 30 Def IVs are used to obtain Hidden Power [Ice], whilst minimizing confusion damage. Its sole weakness, Grass, is covered by Ferrothorn, Scizor and Salamence.

Synergy:

Scizor, Ferrothorn, Salamence

Female | | Intimidate
    116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 196 Spe
    Rash Nature
    ~ Fire Blast

~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Roost

Salamence is the Pokemon I based my team around. This MixMence acts as a powerful stallbreaker, allowing it to dish out many hard hits on different defensive threats. Breaking down walls is its utility on this team, and most of my wins were provided by this teammate. Thanks to the EVs, neutral natured Pokemon with base 90 Speed are outsped by this Dragon. The EVs invested in Attack and Special Attack because it is a mixed set, of course, often adding to the surprise factor. For instance, Gliscor could easily come in and think it can wall this set. However, it will get OHKOd by a Draco Meteor, which removes a wall from the game. Fire Blast is a powerful move that can deal with Ferrothorn and Bronzong, walls that could be troublesome for the squad. The aforementioned Draco Meteor hits anything that does not resist it very hard, and gets 210 Base Power due to STAB. The Life Orb boost will also help it take down enemies. Roost heals HP that is lost due to Stealth Rock damage and Life Orb recoil. However, I don't bring the dragon with red wings into the game until my field is cleared from any kind of hazards. Starmie is a reliable spinner that you will get the chance to take a look at later in the game. Thanks to her, Salamence's job will be done with relatively more ease. Its Ice weakness is covered by Scizor, Starmie, Rotom-W, Ferrothorn and Slowbro, whilst Ferrothorn and Scizor can take Dragon-type hits.

Synergy:

Starmie, Ferrothorn, Rotom-W, Scizor, Slowbro
    Scizor, Ferrothorn

Female | | Technician
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature (-SAtk, +Atk)

~ Bullet Punch
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit
    Scizor is THE most used Pokemon in the OU tier, as it can fit well in many different teams. Scizor is able to take down many threats to the team, notably Terrakion. Its synergy with the other members of is great, as its sole weakness to Fire is covered by Starmie, Slowbro, Salamence and Rotom-W. It is part one of our Volt-Turn core. U-Turn is a STAB move that allows scouting, to preserve momentum. Bullet Punch reaches a Base Power of 90 thanks to the STAB and Technician boosts and is used to revenge-kill, as getting priority in speed is amazing. Superpower allows Scizor to beat Ferrothorn, and is a strong move overall, that offers nice coverage. Pursuit traps the Lati-twins who are looking to switch out after using Draco Meteor, as well as Gengar and Reuniclus. The EV spread maximizes attack and bulk, since Scizor is already slow. Speed EVs are also irrelevant since Bullet Punch gets speed priority and U-Turn lets you hit an incoming Pokemon on a switch. The Choice Band considerably increases the Pincer Pokemon's attack stat. The Adamant Nature used was obvious. Scizor is a precious member of the team, as it has multiple key roles. Maintaining offensive pressure is its number one duty. Its sole weakness to Fire is handled by Starmie, Rotom-W, Salamence and Slowbro.

Synergy:

Rotom-W, Starmie, Salamence, Slowbro

Female | | Iron Barbs
    252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Careful Nature

~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Power Whip

Ferrothorn is a mixed-wall for this team. With great defenses and nice HP, it can take hits from both sides of the spectrum, and has a form of recovery in Leech Seed and Leftovers. It grants paralysis support for other members of my team that aren't too fast, like Salamence, who will have an easier time sweeping paralyzed opponents. Stealth Rock is the most popular entry hazard used in today's metagame, and for good reasons. It hits anything that comes in for damage, and those who are weak to it take more damage. It shuts down two of the OU tier's biggest threat, Multiscale Dragonite as well as Volcarona, who both come in at 75% and 50% HP respectively. Breaking Multiscale is crucial to prevent it from starting a sweep. Leech Seed slowly drains away opponent's HP, whilst recovering his own health. Power Whip gets to a great 180 with STAB, and is nice to break Subs and taking down Starmie and Rotom-W, two enemies who are completely walled by Ferrothorn's Grass / Steel typing. The EVs maximize HP, Defense and Special Defense, in order for our friend here to take hits very well. Anyways, she lays off pressure from her teammates, and is a pretty common switch in into anything someone else doesn't like. Its weakness to Terrakion is covered by Slowbro, and they work well together, I'd have to say.

Synergy:

Rotom-W, Starmie, Salamence, Slowbro

Genderless | | Natural Cure
    4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe | 0 Atk
    Timid Nature

~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunderbolt

Starmie is one of the most important members of the squad, as it grants the ability to spin hazards. Without it, Salamence's survivability would be considerably lowered, and if layers of Spikes are up in conjuction to Stealth Rocks, my team would be in pretty big trouble if facing Volt-Turn. It also is so naturally fast, it can outspeed most of the OU metagame to spin away hazards. Its speed is very useful in situations where it is in low HP. Base 115 Speed is just literally amazing. The Timid Nature used on the set maximizes the Speed, of course. Hydro Pump is a strong STAB move that can hit hard. Ice Beam hits Dragons, whilst Thunderbolt handles water-types. The above EV spread maximizes Special Attack and Speed, since its job is not only to spin away Rocks, but to hit hard as well. Its roles are very important for the team. Its ability, Natural Cure, is extremely useful as it removes status effects such as paralysis, burn, freeze, or sleep simply by switching out. Its electric and grass type weakness is covered by Ferrothorn, as their synergy together is great.

Synergy:

Scizor, Ferrothorn
    Scizor, Ferrrothorn

One last glance at the team

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day!

Last edited by Kira Light on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Re: Ichirin No Hana

Post by Kira Light on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 pm

2 IVs in Atk, and 30 IVs in Def allows Rotom-W to get access to Hidden Power [Ice], whilst minimizing confusion damage. I prefer losing 1 IV in Def than losing 1 IV in Speed.
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:08 am

Oh, sorry. My bad. Haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 am