The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Triple Finish! For the BVB Army!

Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Triple Finish! For the BVB Army!

Post by Roxie on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Triple Finish, for the BVB Army!
    an uber RMT, by: Roxas
    Ok, this is my latest RMT. I've been expereminting in the uber tier for a bit considering OU is getting a bit stale and boring to me. I've mainly focused on duo-weather (meaning I use Groudon and Kyorge and some other pokemon I believe would be a good sweeper for said weather), but recently I though "Hey, I'm pretty good at using a double weathered team, but why not try something intresting like a TRIPLE Weather uber team". So, I did just that. I combined the force of Rain, Sun, and Sandstorm into one team. It'll be a bit intresting on the sets I've used, but hey, what else can you do when you are at a house with no internet? Also, each nickname is a Black Veil Brides song, cuz I'm really into their music.
    Team at first Glance
    Kyogre, Thundurus, Groudon, Victini, Tyranitar, Excadrill

First up, we have:
    New Religion!

New Religion (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    I chose a CS Set for the pure outspeeding attacks. Water Spout for STAB, Thunder for perfect accuracy, Surf for a filler (or if in detail, a quicker remover for Fire/Ground/Rock types). Ice Beam for taking out the flying types in case needed. I normally always keep NR out so I can see if the other user uses any kind of weather team for a back up support (if the Wifi clause is not active of course), or I'm just gonna try to get as far as I possibly can against the opposing team.

Next up, we have:
    Fallen Angel!

Fallen Angel (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    This should be pretty basic to everyone who used/uses Thundurus. Nasty Plot for extra boost in SpA, Thunder for STAB, Focus Blast for taking out steel types and others, HP Ice for flying types. I chose FA for the fact that it is someone to be perfect to use under rain since it can get perfect accuracy for Thunder. His speed is amazing, just like his Special Attack, easily making him an excellent threat in the rain.

Starting the second layer of weather:
    The Legacy!

The Legacy (Groudon) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Rock Polish
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Punch
    This set is one I chose from smogon when looking for some ideas. Rock Polish for an extreme boost in speed, EQ for STAB, Dragon Claw for taking out the dragons (obviously), and Fire Punch because for some reason I had Overheat (o.o). Obviously I use TL for getting out my Sun. I decided with the Rock Polish set because Groudon has a mid-set speed, so I thought that a little boost outta give it some extra speed. Since it's attack is already great, I thought of just not giving it any items/moves to increase it, since it can already hit other pokemon with a fair amount of damage dealt to said pokemon.

For the Sun Striker, we have:
    Carolyn!

Carolyn (Victini) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Wild Charge
    - Zen Headbutt
    I found out the Victini knows no ground moves :sadface:. I thought "Hey, a choice banded Victini under sun with V-Create should be pretty good". So, naturally, I used it. V-Create for STAB, Fusion Bolt for any flying/water types, Wild Charge for a Filler, and Zen Headbutt for a strong physical move. I've heard for a long long time, that Victini under sun with a choice band V-Create would be awesome, so I decided to give it a try. I can't say I've had a chance to use it because I...never got that far. Shut up >.>

For the final weather:
    Savoir!

Savoir (Tyranitar) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    This set SEEMS weird, but hey, I saw DD+Outrage and was like "Dayum, I need to use that!" EQ for STAB, Crunch for taking out the psychics and ghosties. Dragon Dance for the boost in Speed and Attack. Outrage for taking out the dragons with the boost from Dragon Dance. Lum Berry for reasons that should already be seen. Savoir is for my third weather obviously. It has great attack, and given the boosts for rock/ground types when under sand, why not? Besides, T-Tar is great for setting up sand, then hitting hard against any psychics/ghosts that decide to risk the fight.

The #1 sweeper used in uber sand teams everywhere:
    GodBlessYou!

GodBlessYou (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    This set is very very strange, but hey I have no internet at my mom's house. I chose Air Balloon to keep it safe from ground attacks (even though fire/fighting types will still get to OHKO it probably). EQ for taking out Heatrans that decided no air balloons, fire types, and other grounds. Rock Slide for a filler move. Swords Dance cuz I wanted a boost in its attack. X-Scissor for taking out psychics and dark. With GBY's great speed and attack, I thought about giving it a bit more boost in both. After all, you can never go wrong with Speed and Attack with someone like Excadrill, can you?

Well, I hoped you liked the RMT everyone. Granted that ubers is a sad tier because so many abuse it, but hey, I'm not saying it's my home tier (cuz Dream World has taken that spot already with my Hail Team >=D). See you guys later~<3

Last edited by [SH]Chaos Wolf on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding a bit more of a description into the pokemon, as requested. Put Ghost instead of Dark.)

Start of turn 1
    Gardevoir has Mega Evolved into Mega Gardevoir!
    Gardevoir used Focus Blast!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

蓝色闪光: ⊙▽⊙
    Shadow Roxas: Noooot this time buddy
    蓝色闪光 forfeited against Shadow Roxas!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Re: Triple Finish! For the BVB Army!

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Would you mind expanding your descriptions to at least a paragraph per Pokemon? Thank you!

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Hey, as Rick stated, you may want to expand your descriptions. Now, I'll rate this in a little, but it's really tough to use three weather abusers on a triple weather team, so I'm not sure how it would work. You can't bring in Thundurus on predicted Earthquakes and things like that.
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Quick nitpicks. The EVs you are currently using for Victini and Tyranitar reach a total of 504, whilst you should max them to up to 508. For Victini, add 4 EVs to Defense, and add 4 HP to Tyranitar. Your team looks rather gimmicky, as I have never seen 3 weather inducers used in the same team. Excadrill will ONLY do well when Sand is up, so I think he should be replaced. If you do decide to keep him, however, replace Drill Run by X-Scissor to hit Psychic and Dark types. You already have Earthquake as STAB. For Thundurus, Thunderbolt would be a better option than Thunder, since Rain will only be up 1/3 of the time. Now back to the "Excadrill replacement". I recommend a Giratina to wall Normal-Arceus, who can literally sweep your team at +2.
    Here's the set:

Giratina @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
    Impish Nature (-SAtk, +Def)
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Dragon Tail

You can Rest to recover all HP, and use Sleep Talk to get a chance to use either Rest, Will-O-Wisp or Dragon Tail. The move in slot 4 is to get rid of Arceus with a few boosts. You can also cripple it with Will-O-Wisp. The EVs and Nature make it a GREAT WALL and will lay off pressure off the other members of your team.

(WILL CONTINUE LATER)
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Hey,

As I said earlier, I think three weathers is a lot to handle. Seeing as Thundurus carries Thunder, what is it going to do if Kyogre faints and you're left with only Sand and Sun? The point of running multiple weathers is to cancel out the positive effects of weather of your foes, not to allow you to abuse it yourself. In a similar vein, I think you should replace one of your weather starters--probably Tyranitar. Also, I think Excadrill and Thundurus need to go. There are really two ways to use weather; one is to use it and abuse it, but you can only use one type of weather this way. The other is to mess with the opponent using a different weather that you have on your team. Combining the two will not work.

That being said, I think the strongest part of this team is the duo of Groudon and Kyogre. With that in mind, you can also keep Victini. However, I believe you should try some other Pokemon out over Thundurus, Excadrill, and Tyranitar. Excadrill is arguably the weakest link, so let's start there. I think a good replacement would be Terrakion. Specifically, I think you should give a SubSD set a go. Now, as for the other members, I think you should try out the Giratina set that Kira Light mentioned. You can use it over Thundurus probably, and it'll provide you with a great defensive backbone. Now, finally, I think that you should try out a good Dragon-type to give you a solid offensive presence on the field. A Choice Band Rayquaza should do you good, with a moveset of Outrage, Earthquake, ExtremeSpeed, and Dragon Claw. Now, your team seems to be littered with sweepers, and to be frank, Rock Polish Groudon is not the best set available. I think you should go with 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with a moveset of Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, and Dragon Tail.

Well, that was a long rate. Anyhow, I really recommend you test out the changes. Triple weather is a cool idea, but it's near impossible to pull off. Anyhow, cool team. Good luck!
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Erm, for Harsha' CB Rayquaza set, I'd recommend V-Create in the last slot to hit pretty much anything super-hard under the Sun, as well as being able to take out his main counters, the commonly-used Ferrothorn and Forretress in Ubers.
    Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Post by Roxie on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Uh... Victini already has V-Create. Last I checked, Quaza can't learn V-Create >.>

Start of turn 1
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Actually, there was an event that released a special Rayquaza with V-Create. So yes, he can learn it.
    Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Post by Roxie on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Damn, I want that Quaza then o.o

Start of turn 1
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Well, at a first glance, Stall, especially those with Giratina, who wrecks you by walling your physical sweepers (Tyranitar is crippled by Will-O-Wisp and has its boosts reset by Dragon Tail, and the others can't damage him enough), and Blissey or Chansey, who takes care of the other two (Kyogre and Thundie can't 2HKO). To deal with them, I'd recommend utilizing a Zekrom somewhere in your team, preferably over one of the physical sweepers. Remind me to finish this later.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Post by Roxie on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 pm

I was thinking of changing Thundurus with Zekrom, but I really couldn't think of a set and EVs :/

Start of turn 1
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Zekrom @
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Bolt Strike
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Volt Switch

Zekrom's middling Speed can be patched up with a Choice Scarf, allowing it to act as a revenge killer. Zekrom possesses a couple of traits that separate it from its fellow Choice Scarfers Palkia, Dialga, and Garchomp. For one, its high Attack and Bolt Strike allow it to take down Mewtwo from 80% health down (73% with Jolly) and to murder Kyogre, Ho-Oh, and Lugia, all of whom can give Choice Scarf Palkia, Dialga, and Garchomp issues. With Adamant nature, it can also 2HKO maximum HP Arceus (assuming neutrality, of course), while Palkia, Dialga, and Garchomp are turned into set-up bait. Finally, it has access to Volt Switch, which allows it to keep up the momentum against the opponent so long as a Ground-type doesn't switch in.

Bolt Strike and Outrage are the bread and butter moves of this set, both possessing immense power and STAB, hitting nearly everything for neutral damage. As a matter of fact, Zekrom's Outrage is strong enough to 2HKO offensive Groudon, something Garchomp is incapable of doing. Dragon Claw is a safe move to use should locking into Outrage or Electric-type moves be risky, but it is rather weak. Finally, Fusion Bolt can be used over Volt Switch if you find Volt Switch's utility to be too little for you, and is 100% accurate, unlike Bolt Strike.

Adamant and Jolly are equally viable on Zekrom. With Adamant, Zekrom gains the ability to 2HKO maximum HP Arceus and to OHKO Mewtwo after Stealth Rock damage and one round of Life Orb recoil. However, it loses the Speed tie against other base 90 Choice Scarfers and +1 Speed Ho-Oh and Reshiram (due to Flame Charge). Adamant also means Deoxys-A will outrun Zekrom.

Although Zekrom is an effective revenge killer, it is incapable of handling Dragon Dance Rayquaza and Salamence, and thus, defensive Groudon is a decent partner. Since Choice Scarf Zekrom lacks the raw power of the other two sets, an anti-Groudon or Dialga is more necessary than before. Giratina-O, Grass Arceus, Kyogre, and Lugia (who also counters Dragon Dance Rayquaza) are all great choices for countering defensive Groudon. Dialga is trickier to handle, but Fighting Arceus, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, and sturdy Steel-type Pokemon that can absorb its obscenely powerful Dragon-type attacks are all decent checks. As with most Choice Scarfers in the game, Zekrom is quite vulnerable to Wobbuffet, who can trap it and OHKO back with Counter, but at this point there is not much you can do.

- Smogon University

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:36 am