The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Absolute Zero (5th Gen Wifi OU RMT)

Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Absolute Zero (5th Gen Wifi OU RMT)

Post by Kira Light on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Absolute Zero

Hello, Treehouse. I decided to post an RMT today, just for people to see it. This team was made roughly a week ago, and was based around using Bulk-Up Breloom in the Rain. It's one of my most successful teams , with amazing Synergy. It's a shame Rick didn't get to battle it, yet. Anyways, have fun reading and any rate, whether it's very helpful or not, is greatly appreciated. Thank you. The format of the team has a great similarity with Rick's Another Team Based Around Landorus, so credit goes to him for the formatting example. The title of the team was derived from an unproven Physics theory, Absolute Zero. Go google it for more details. Also, I put a lot of work and effort into the team, so please be polite when rating. (Cough, Yamborski, cough)

════════════════════════════════

Team at a Glance

Politoed @
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature (-Atk, +Spe)
    ~ Hydro Pump

~ Hidden Power [Grass]
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Perish Song

How this Pokemon is Used:

Politoed induces rain, and is mandatory on any rain team. I decided to use the Scarf set, to be able to revenge-kill late-game, since Politoed will usually be alive until my opponent's Sand / Hail / Sun inducer is not dead. With the Scarf, it can outspeed Tyranitar, Hippowdon and Ninetales, and take them down with a STAB Hydro Pump, which is boosted by Rain. The Hidden Power [Grass] lets me take care of Gastrodon and Quagsire, as well as land a 2HKO on Rotom-W. Ice Beam is to get rid Dragons, whilst Perish Song completely ruins Baton Pass teams, as well as trap a late-game sweeper. The Choice Scarf will allow me to use Perish Song before dying to an unboosted last sweeper. Its Grass and Electric weakness are both covered by Breloom, Latios, Magnezone and Ferrothorn.

EVs & Nature:

The EVs maximize Special Attack and Speed, to fill Politoed's role as a revenge-killer. The Timid Nature lets me outspeed +1 Adamant Dragonite, Scarf Tyranitar, as well as Alakazam and Starmie, at the cost of power.

Synergy:
    Breloom, Latios, Magnezone, Ferrothorn

Breloom @
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spe
    Careful Nature (-SAtk, +SDef)
    ~ Spore

~ Bulk Up
    ~ Drain Punch

~ Seed Bomb

Bulk-Up Breloom is incredible. At first, I thought it was frail, but with the aid of a nice 12.5% heal each turn received due to Poison Heal and nice bulk, it does very well on this team. In rain, it gets neutrality to fire, which is great. Spore automatically takes out an opponent's pokemon for the rest of the game, or lets me use it as set-up bait. Bulk-Up boosts Attack and Defense, letting it to take hits better, and heal itself with a boosted STAB Drain Punch. Seed Bomb is another reliable STAB move, and can deal with Gastrodon and Quagsire, two pokemon who would be in my defensive threatlist if Breloom was not on my team. Breloom also shares amazing synergy with the other members of the team!

EVs & Nature:

The 236 EVs give Breloom the highest HP divisible by 8, reaching a 320 HP Stat. The 212 Special Defense EVs let Breloom take special hits better, whilst the rest of the EVs are dumped into Speed, to outspeed Skarmory, and be able to Spore it. The Careful Nature boosts Special Defense at the cost of reducing Special Attack, which I don't need at all.

Synergy:

Politoed, Latios, Sharpedo, Magnezone and Ferrothorn can take a few hits, as well.
    Latios, Magnezone, Sharpedo, Ferrothorn
    Magnezone, Ferrothorn
    Politoed, Sharpedo, Magnezone, Ferrothorn
    Magnezone, Ferrothorn

Latios @
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature (-Atk, +Spe)
    ~ Draco Meteor

~ Surf
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Psyshock

How this Pokemon is used:

Latios is a Special Attacking powerhouse. Coupled with very great Speed, it serves as a sweeper, and revenge-killer. The Life Orb boost lets it hit harder, and it can also switch moves, as opposed to a Choice set. STAB Draco Meteor hits very hard, reaching a base power of 210. Latios' deadly Special Attack stat means it will OHKO or 2HKO anything that is not named Blissey or Chansey, and that does not resist Dragon moves. Special Attack dropping by 2 stages is unfortunate, but switching out is easy, as Latios is immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and is not weak to Stealth Rock. Surf gets boosted in Rain, and can take care of Heatran, Gliscor and Landorus. Thunder has perfect accuracy due to Rain, and can nail Skarmory and Politoed. Psyshock is used to OHKO Non-Scarfed variants of Terrakion, as well as other Fighting type that is not named Scrafty.

EVs & Nature:

The EVs maximize Special Attack and Speed, which is obvious for a sweeper. Timid Nature lets me outspeed any non-scarfed Pokemon having a base speed stat less than 110, as well as outspeeding any opposing Lati-twin and Espeon carrying Hidden Power [Fire]. Infernape, Galvantula, Terrakion, Cobalion, Virizion and Landorus are also on the "I am outsped by Latios if I don't have a Choice Scarf" list. Levitate makes Latios immune to Ground type move, letting it switch into a Landorus locked into Earthquake.

Synergy:

Politoed, Sharpedo, Magnezone, Ferrothorn
    Magnezone, Ferrothorn
    Breloom, Magnezone, Sharpedo, Ferrothorn
    Magnezone, Ferrothorn
    Breloom, Sharpedo, Magnezone, Ferrothorn

Magnezone @
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spe
    IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
    Modest Nature (-Atk, +SAtk)

~ Substitute
    ~ Charge Beam
    ~ Thunder

~ Hidden Power [Ice]

How this Pokemon is used:

Magnezone solves my Skarmory, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Jirachi and Forretress problems. Magnet Pull traps all Steel types who aren't carrying the Shed Shell, then Magnezone proceeds to eliminating them, usually leaving with a Subsitute, as well as a couple of Special Attack boosts provided by Charge Beam. Thunder is my reliable STAB move, reaching a 180 Base Power, as well as a 100% accuracy thanks to the Rain. Hidden Power [Ice] kills Ground types that are immune to Electric moves, such as Landorus and Gliscor, who will die once breaking my Substitute. It also hits Dragon types. Not only does Magnezone eliminate a Steel type, it can usually also take out another Pokemon due to having a Sub and having a pretty good defensive typing. It resists to anything that is not Fire, Fighting and Steel. Those weaknesses are covered by my other team members.

EVs & Nature:

The EVs are the same as Rick's set used in his RMT, Shattering the Bastion and the one found on Smogon University. It allows it to outspeed certain Pokemon, as well as maximizing Special Attack. Some bulk is also given with the EV spread. I'm not an expert on EVs, though, so help could be needed here.

Synergy:

Politoed, Breloom, Sharpedo, Latios, Ferrothorn
    Breloom, Latios
    Breloom, Latios

Sharpedo @
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature (-SAtk, +Atk)
    ~ Protect
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Ice Fang

Sharpedo is probably one of the best late-game sweepers. It is there to finish off opponents who have already been hurt by Stealth Rock and that have health below 60%. Protect instantly gives Sharpedo a +1 Speed, usually needed to take care of Choice Scarf users. STAB Waterfall reaches a 120 Base Power, and is also boosted by Rain. It can OHKO anything that is weak to Water. The Life Orb only makes it hit even more hard. Crunch is also another STAB move, and can take care of Psychic types like Latios and Latias, as well as take out Ghost types. Sharpedo's Dark type also means it is immune to Psychic moves, which is nice. Earthquake goes in the last slot for more coverage, and, since I have no other Ground moves on my team, I'd rather have Earthquake than Ice Fang.

EVs & Nature:

The EVs max out Attack and Speed, to ease the sweep. Bulk is definitely not recommended, as 70/40/40 defense is a pity. It's used to sweep, anyways. Speed Boost adds +1 after every turn. It's as simple as that.

Synergy:

Breloom, Magnezone, Latios, Ferrothorn
    Latios, Breloom
    Breloom, Magnezone, Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Careful Nature (-SAtk, +SDef)

~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Power Whip

Ferrothorn is able to take both physical and special hits thanks to its great 74/131/116 Defenses. It serves as this team's tank, and I do not hesitate to repetitively switch it in. The Stealth Rocks are pretty much mandatory in today's metagame, as threats such as Dragonite and Volcarona cannot come in at full HP, limiting their sweeping abilities. Thunder Wave is great support to my team, as I have no Choice Scarf users aside from Politoed, who reaches only 392 Speed Stat, though. Paralyzing something will give me a Speed advantage in many occasions. Leech Seed gradually deals damage whilst healing itself, to put pressure on a wall like Blissey to switch out. Power Whip is a decent STAB move that reaches a 180 base power, and does around 65% to Magic Bounce Espeon and lands a OHKO on Gastrodon and a 2HKO on Quagsire. Sorry for not writing much here, I'm hungry right now and when that is the case, I tend to put less effort into everything I do.

EVs & Nature:

Both Defense and Special Defense have EVs invested, as well as HP, so Ferrothorn can take hits from both sides of the spectrum. The Careful Nature boosts Special Defense.

Synergy:

Latios, Breloom, Sharpedo, Politoed
    Breloom, Latios

════════════════════════════════

Conclusion
    This team beat Blue_Star's 3-0. It's probably my biggest victory in my career. The link to the replay will be situated below, so you can watch it if you want. After the game, Blue_Star told me it was still a team he was developping, but I'm proud nonetheless. We battled at the Treehouse after he beat Delta 2777 in a Smogon Premier League Battle.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Kira-Light-vs-Blue-Star--2012-01-15

Team he was using:

Last edited by Kira Light on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Team Galactic)
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Re: Absolute Zero (5th Gen Wifi OU RMT)

Post by Kira Light on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:31 pm

EDIT: Done, you can now rate this team!

"Absolute zero is the point where no more heat can be removed from a system, according to the absolute or thermodynamic temperature scale. This corresponds to 0 K or -273.15°C. In classical kinetic theory, there should be no movement of individual molecules at absolute zero, but experimental evidences shows this isn't the case.

Temperature is used to describe how hot or cold an object it. The temperature of an object depends on how fast its atoms and molecules oscillate. At absolute zero, these oscillations are the slowest they can possibly be. Even at absolute zero, the motion doesn't completely stop.

It's not possible to reach absolute zero, though scientists have approached it. The NIST achieved a record cold temperature of 700 nK (billionths of a Kelvin) in 1994. MIT researchers set a new record of 0.45 nK in 2003."
    EpicSerperior
    Server Moderator
    Server Moderator

In pokemon b/w

Post by EpicSerperior on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Nice team, now here's my rate.

Poli: Your set is good. I just recommend defensive poli. Otherwise than that, poli is ok.

Breloom: A VERY nice set for breloom. I recommend:
    ~ Spore
    ~ Bulk Up/substite
    ~ Drain Punch
    ~ Seed Bomb

Still, your set is awesome.

Latios: Either Draco Meteor or Dragon pulse.. It seems this set is all-out offensive, so you can keep draco metor on latios. Everything else is fine.

Magnezone: Your set for Magnezone is awesome. If you want it to be slower, but have more power, check out this set:
    Spoiler:
    Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Analytic
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Charge Beam
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Sharpedo: I have never used him before..or its metagame, so I have no suggestions for him.

Ferrothorn: Here's a set that may be useful for Ferrothorn:
    Spoiler:
    Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave/toxic
    - Spikes/stealth rock
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip
    I prefer toxic, but t-wave, depending on the situation, may be better.

Well, that's all~
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Uhh, Shane, Gonogo's sets for Breloom, Magnezone, and Ferrothorn work better than the ones you posted. I'll finish this rate soon.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:14 pm

A scarf set is kinda rare to see due to the fact def set of poil are always used, however with poil being faster then nine and tar
    they can set there weather after poil does remember without the rain KO-ing tar with one shot is a no go if it is a def set
    with ninetails you may need to rain really bad due to the sun cutting it in half.

umm reun could be a problem to breloom if it has TR if it does not then it's not a problem since you have a dark type on your team.

Latios is fine to me

Magnezone use t-bolt over Thunder just in case you don't have rain up, lower power yes but every move count these days.

Sharpedo is okay I like mixed but since your using it in a rain team better it be that set

I use that ferro set too so I know how well it works

Not to sure if rotom-W and scizor due to your team but you have a log of a battle with someone using them so since you won I'm guess
    your team will be fine
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:24 pm

vol60 wrote:A scarf set is kinda rare to see due to the fact def set of poil are always used, however with poil being faster then nine and tar
    they can set there weather after poil does remember without the rain KO-ing tar with one shot is a no go if it is a def set
    with ninetails you may need to rain really bad due to the sun cutting it in half.

umm reun could be a problem to breloom if it has TR if it does not then it's not a problem since you have a dark type on your team.

Latios is fine to me

Magnezone use t-bolt over Thunder just in case you don't have rain up, lower power yes but every move count these days.

Sharpedo is okay I like mixed but since your using it in a rain team better it be that set

I use that ferro set too so I know how well it works

Not to sure if rotom-W and scizor due to your team but you have a log of a battle with someone using them so since you won I'm guess
    your team will be fine

Hey vol, thanks for the rate. I don't really see Scarf Poli too often, but it works the best for the team. I will consider Thunderbolt over Thunder but I'll usually send in Magnezone when I have rain up and half the time my opponent will not have Sand or Sun. Reuniclus with TR does somewhat cause me problems, but I try to Spore it first, or use Ferrothorn, who will be faster with the Trick Room. Breloom takes care of the Volt-Turn core very well. Thanks again.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:45 pm

Hey,

This team is pretty cool. Nifty sets like Bulk Up Breloom and that Magnezone appear, and it seems as though you have all of your bases covered well. There is one problem I see, though: number two in the usage stats, Dragonite. If Dragonite is able to nab a +1 boost, he will wreck through this team if it lacks Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn supplies so much of your defensive glue that I almost suggest running a Shed Shell > Leftovers. However, that's completely your call. ScarfToed is a perfect fit for this team, actually, since you already have a good defense in Ferrothorn. On Sharpedo, you need to move those 4 HP EVs into Def because you get more switch-ins on hazards. I also recommend Ice Fang > Earthquake to take down all the Dragons in OU, as you have Magnezone to deal with Steel types. Waterfall hits everything really hard, anyways. Finally, you may want to test out Recover on Latios, as he will take a number from Life Orb and could use some recovery. Overall, very solid team. Good luck!
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Hey, Harsha. Thanks for the rate. isn't too big of a threat after Multiscale is broken by the Stealth Rock, since I can send in and kill it with Draco Meteor. seems like a great idea, so I'll test it out. I will use Ice Fang over Earthquake, since I've been walled by stuff like , unfortunately. I'll send the HP EVs to Defense, as well. I will try out Recover on Latios once I find out the move I want to replace it by. Thanks again for the rate.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Thanks for the shout-out regarding the formatting.

PLACEHOLDER

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 pm