The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Weather team:*rain*

EpicSerperior
    Server Moderator
    Server Moderator

In pokemon b/w

Weather team:*rain*

Post by EpicSerperior on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Though, it looks like my previous team, there's a slight difference between them. First, there are some new movesets. Second, new pkmn, and evs.

Drizzle! (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Protect

As you can see, I have a mini stall tactic in place with politoed. It's an defensive poli. This only doesn't work with scizor, and other steel types. I also have scald for burn; I kinda prefer scald over surf because of the 30% burn. I may have the nature wrong with poli. Other than that, I'm confident about the evs.

Hurricane (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Grass Knot
    - Hyper Beam
    - Focus Blast

Same as last time. Choice Specs + Hurricane = wow. I think the evs are ok, but I need help with the moveset. I have hyperbeam... But I need to replace that move. Also, get rid of grass knot, and have hp:grass in it? For tornadus, it's mainly the moveset.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Thunder
    - Psychic
    - Substitute
    - Energy Ball

As with tornadus, it's the same stratagy: Thunder to paralyze it. I copied this from my old team and edited it, so I forgot what the original moveset was.. But Energy ball is great on it; it stops ground/water types, like Gastrodon and so on. I think I had water pulse on there, and replaced it with Energy ball, because with it being a water/ground type, it doesn't take any damage at all for thunder; and with water pulse, its ability makes it useless.

Speed! (Espeon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Espeon is there to stop static and wisping teams. It's used to stop breloom, too because of spore. I really need help with him. Especially with the moveset~. The main role for espeon is to block status-effecting moves. I really don't have anything else to say about him.

Technician (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bug Bite
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch

This set is strait-forward. It's just the evs that worry me. B-punch + SwordsDance, or b-bite with swords dance, makes it really powerful. If just used right and at the right time, it can sweep. I can't think of anything else to say.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sticky Hold
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Hardy Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Recover

And last, but not least....Gastrodon! I need it on my team; it stops electric/water types-which is my teams weakness-and stops them. I forgot that ele/water type that most people use that trolls my team. It has many forms, so ya'll should know what I'm talking about. Oh, also, Gastrodon is also toxic staller, as you can see by the moveset. Thank you vol for the evs set. It works really well on my team.

Well, that's all. I take any and every rate.

I'll post the pics lator.

Last edited by BlueMudkip on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edits)
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Re: Weather team:*rain*

Post by Kira Light on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey Shane. I have a few changes in moveset and EVs that need to be fixed. First off, DO NOT use Hyper Beam on Tornadus. Already that it does not get STAB, it needs a turn to recharge, and in competitive battling, a turn is very important, as it can be used to turn the game around. Instead, I recommend Hidden Power [Ice] or U-Turn to scout. As for Jirachi, this moveset is recommended: Water Pulse, Thunder, Substitute and Calm Mind. For the specially defensive Scizor, I'd recommend Rick's EV spread that was used in It's Over 9000!

EV spread: 248 HP | 56 Atk | 204 SDef

Gastrodon needs the Calm Nature, and replace its ability from the useless Sticky Hold to Storm Drain.

Nice team, and good luck.

Last edited by Matsuda on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    EpicSerperior
    Server Moderator
    Server Moderator

In pokemon b/w

Post by EpicSerperior on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Gonogo you have two attack evs on the set you posted. .-.

Last edited by BlueMudkip on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit.)
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Oh, I meant 248 HP | 56 Atk | 204 SDef. Sorry.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Quick nitpick, never use an even amount of HP, ever. This limits your Stealth Rock switch-ins. That means take out 4 HP EVs from Tornadus. I'll rate this later.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:43 am

Well, right off the bat, it looks like a defensive Rotom-W will give your team trouble, despite you having Gastrodon on your side. The burn status will really bug you after a while, crippling your Scizor and negating Lefties recovery on many of your important Pokemon. Volt Switch will annoy your Tornadus, Politoed, and Jirachi (the latter especially because of its reliance on the Air Balloon) while it can use your rain against you by threatening your Scizor with a Hydro Pump. Your Gastrodon can't stop it at the moment because it lacks Storm Drain. Only then will the problem of Rotom-W be settled.

Some nitpicks:

Politoed: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe. You're using a less offensive Toed anyways, so the slight loss of power is less worrisome. Also, I'd recommend Perish Song over Ice Beam to mess up pure Baton Pass teams.

Tornadus: You're getting there, but your Specs Tornadus isn't at optimal condition. Replace Hyper Beam with Hidden Power Ice. That nets you better coverage and less vulnerability.

I'll remind myself to finish this later.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:51 pm