The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

To the Eons, towards the Chaos

Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

To the Eons, towards the Chaos

Post by Roxie on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Well, this is my second RMT. I hope it'll be good. Most of you know I'm the champion for the ChaosEon league that Sky and I run, well I've been editing my team, and this is unofficial, so I wanted to get all of your opinions on it. Well, let's cross our fingers.
    An up-close and personal look

Now to look at the individuals.

Shocker (Krookodile) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Foul Play
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Bulldoze
    This guy is my lead power hitter. He scares the crap out of weak pokemon. Basically, he is a sweeper for the start incase the first few pokemon on the opponets team gets defeated by him to get his attack up. EQ for a hard hitting ground attack. Foul Play for taking out psychics and ghosties. SE for flying types. Bulldoze to obiously lower others speed.

Live Wire (Electivire) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Motor Drive
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - ThunderPunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Cross Chop
    This guy is one of my favorite pokemon because of his brute force and speed. I've used him before and he hardly ever seems to fail me. He is perfect for the oncoming Thunderuses. I basically use him to get out most of the pokemon if Krook is gone under or is sleepin. CC for taking out normal types and Steel types. thunderpunch for flying/water types. EQ for a filler move. Ice Punch for ground and flying types.

Skyleon (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    Latios is one of the Eon Twins, which is needed for ChaosEon. Plus, he has great SpA and Speed. Scarf to give it an excellent boost for speed. The reason for the nickname is because Skyleon likes the Shiny forme of it. DM for a powerful Dragon move. Shadow Ball for Psychic/Ghost types. HP Fire for Ferro and Skarm. Psyshock for Gengar and others.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 244 SAtk / 12 SDef / 252 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    Latias is to finish the Eon Twins. She has great SpA and SpD. I use her as a balancer to keep the team calm. HP Ground for Meta, and other fire types. Ice Beam and DPulse to take out Dragons and others. Thunderbolt for those nasty water types and flying types.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Band
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - U-turn
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    I have learned to never underestimate Flygon after using it in a pokemon battle against a friend of mine. I used the same set too. U-Turn for scanning the enemy. Fire Punch for Grass/Bug/Steel types. EQ for a hard hitting move. Outrage for obvious reasons. Flygon has amazing speed and attack, for an awesome combo.

Last one:
    Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Quiver Dance
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    I've been contemplating between her or Victini. I decided that since I used Lilligant in White and worked very well, I'd use her on this team. Thank you Vol for this set. HP Rock for DNite and other flying types and fire types (Like Volcarona). QD for an advance in speed, SpA, and SpD. SP to make 'em sleep. Giga Drain to heal.

Ok, like I said, this is an unofficial ChaosEon team, but I'm hoping for the best. Thanks Everyone!

Start of turn 1
    Gardevoir has Mega Evolved into Mega Gardevoir!
    Gardevoir used Focus Blast!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

蓝色闪光: ⊙▽⊙
    Shadow Roxas: Noooot this time buddy
    蓝色闪光 forfeited against Shadow Roxas!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Re: To the Eons, towards the Chaos

Post by Crossfire12 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Okay I like your team so far some of the nuture need to be fix.

Electivire need to be jolly if you want more speed electivire needs as much def as it can.

Your latias set is fine but a CM and recover set would allow Latias to do more

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Calm mind to power up,recover to get back HP,dragon pulse is STAB and hits Hard and last of all HP fire deals with Steel-types, namely Ferrothorn and Jirachi

Flygon should be jolly

that's about all I see although harsha and rick can give better rates then

anyways have fun
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:11 pm

I suggest Expert Belt on Electivire, since it will get a boost since it hits 13 out of 16 types super-effectively.
    Anyways, I see many flaws on this team, such as the lack of hazards. Scarf Landorus will have fun to U-Turn in and out, without getting damaged by Stealth Rocks. It can kill Krookodile and Electivire with EQ, U-Turn Latios, Latias and Lilligant, and kill Flygon with the Hidden Power [Ice]. I don't know why you would use both Latios AND Latias on the same team, so I suggest getting rid of one of them, to get Ferrothorn. At the moment, none of your team members is able to take hits.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:33 pm

I'll get to rating, but first. REPLACE FOUL PLAY WITH CRUNCH. It takes the opponent's attack stat and uses it against them. Crunch will hit them with your OWN attack stat. (In a way, it's like this. The higher the opponent's attack stat, the more damage it deals. I don't think many Psychics and Ghosts have higher attack stat.)

ZE PLACEHOLDER FOR REST

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Pokemon your team is weak to:

CB can give your team plenty of trouble to deal with. Your team will struggle to keep up with its powerful U-turns and Bullet Punches without a resist to them. However, the main reason Scizor remains a threat is because it can put your main sweepers (Latios and Latias) in a checkmate position if they're locked into a Dragon-type move when it switches in. Scizor also doesn't break a sweat when it comes to revenge killing weakened, but boosted members of your team.

While it doesn't seem intimidating, can be problematic to deal with if it's allowed to set up. Its exceptional base 115 defenses let it take a resisted or weakened neutral attack before setting itself up with Dragon Dance. With 1 DD down under its belt, it can break past all of your team with a moveset of Crunch, Drain Punch, and Ice Punch. Your Electivire can only 2HKO at best while it can threaten with a swift 2HKO from Drain Punch / Crunch or outright OHKO with Hi Jump Kick. While you can revenge kill it with your Latios, it can and will do a number to your team before going down, leaving you vulnerable to another sweeper, such as the aforementioned Scizor or Terrakion.

Also, while it isn't a Pokemon, stall teams can give your team trouble, seeing that you lack a given stall-breaker and a means of getting rid of entry hazards. While none of your Pokemon are too vulnerable to hazards on their own, status conditions can spell doom for all of them.

How to deal with said threats:

You can't deal with the two Pokemon mentioned under the hands of a "good" battler unless your prediction is spot-on or you get lucky with a crit. Regarding the threat of stall teams, that can be solved with the changing of a few movesets, which will be listed below.

I'd recommend the following changes to make fighting stall much easier:

• Give Latios Trick over Shadow Ball and contemplate replacing Psyshock with Surf. This helps against Stall because Trick can cripple an opposing wall with a nearly useless item.
    • Have Latias use this set:

Latias @ Leftovers
      EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
      Timid Nature
      - Calm Mind
      - Dragon Pulse
      - Recover
      - Hidden Power Fire / Refresh

This increases the ease in which Latias can take out a weakened stall team and gives it a purpose in the late-game by letting it open a sweep up.
    • Lastly, I'd recommend swapping Flygon out for a Haxorus, seeing that it can hit so much harder than Flygon can. The only advantage Flygon carries is its near immunity to entry hazards.
    • I'd also recommend swapping Foul Play out for Crunch. Consistency is better than inconsistency.

Closing comments:

It's cool that you're using both Latis, but having them both assume similar roles is wrong. Have fun, and good luck.
    Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Post by Roxie on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Both Latis are needed. Reason is simply the fact of ChaosEon. Eon deals with both of the latis. Chaos is for when they are separated from the SoulDew. I'll consider about using the belt on Vire. The cm/refresh latias is something I wanted to do, but didn't kmow the set, nor did I feel like asking/searching for it. Flygon was originally Salamence, but again, I learned to not underestimate good 'ol Flygon. All others I will do tomorrow (possibly) considering that I do not have access to my laptop now.

Start of turn 1
    Gardevoir has Mega Evolved into Mega Gardevoir!
    Gardevoir used Focus Blast!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

蓝色闪光: ⊙▽⊙
    Shadow Roxas: Noooot this time buddy
    蓝色闪光 forfeited against Shadow Roxas!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Hey,

Since you insist on using both Lati@s, you should distinguish their roles on the team. You should probably use Trick > Shadow Ball on Latios, because it allows you to cripple Stall, something your team is weak to. Now, I think you should go with a Calm Mind set on Latias, because it walls more effectively this way. Latias is built to wall, while Latios is built to hit hard.

Now that the Latis are out of the way, let's get to the rest of the team. Three Dragons is an awful lot, and since you have no Magnet or effective way of dealing with Steel types, I recommend you try out some other Banded Pokemon. Namely, I'd suggest a Choice Banded Scizor instead of Flygon. It clears the way for your Lati twins to sweep, and it works very well. Remember, Flygon is UU for a reason. Also, Scizor can effectively deal with Scrafty, a major threat to this team, so it's worth testing. Krookodile is cool, but I recommend Crunch > Foul Play like the others said. Bulldoze is an original idea, so I won't say anything about it. You could try Leftovers on him, but feel free to stick with a Focus Sash if you wish. As for Electivire, you really don't need him because nobody in the right mind would use an Electric attack against you. Why don't you try out Jirachi? It could be a great addition to your team because it annoys the opponent a lot. Other than what I said, I have no further suggestions. Here are some sets.

Sets
    Code:
    Latias @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP | 4 SpA | 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Recover
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ Hidden Power [Fire]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP | 224 SDef | 32 Spe
    Careful Nature
    ~ Iron Head
    ~ Body Slam / Thunder Wave
    ~ Wish
    ~ Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP | 252 Atk | 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit

I'm assuming you know how to use these sets. Good luck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:00 am