The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Vol's Rainny day :D

Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Vol's Rainny day :D

Post by Crossfire12 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Well here is My newest team so enjoy

I though of this while waking up last week and I started working on it for weeks I manage to get 6 pokemon down although there are tons of pokemon I could choose for it but I want to see if these pokemon can work still if I wanna make this team as good as can be I need to help of friends.

Spoiler:
    http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Protect
    - Scald
    - Perish Song
    - Toxic

My rain starter this is a basic set Protect so I can recover and stall out for toxic,Scald to burn,Perish song to deal with some pokemon, and toxic to break walls overall it works I'm hoping to change this set maybe if anything goes wrong.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Recover

Okay Gastrodon has taken over for Vol due to the fact with SR being a big problem and it was pointed out I don't have a Rotom-W counter so here is Gastrodon. Ice beam for ground types and dragons,Scald is STAB as well can burn,Toxic helps break down walls and recover is to get HP back. Thank you Matsuda for this set.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Power Whip
    Ever since this Pokemon came into this gen it has been a real pain and this pain has come to my rain team. Ferro main job is help the others by at least setting up SR and leech seeding the foe if anything else start using power whip as many pokemon can set up on it.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Thunder
    - Surf
    - Roost

Okay Everyone now expect Drago to be CB,scarf or DD lum set, For this Rain team I picked a much diff set which seems to be doing well as you can see Hurricane is STAB and can confuses the foe with a 30% chance, Thunder can now hit 100% and 30% to para,Surf's Power is increase and Roost is to heal Drago back up near or at the point where it's Multiscale works again.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder
    - Water Pulse

Jirachi the king of hax and with this set Jirachi can set it's ground to almost any pokemon, it can make 101 subs, power up with Calm mind and then dish out water pulse that has a 40% to confuse or thunder that has 60% to para either way Jirachi causes rage quits.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

Starmie Is another pokemon added to take over, with it's ev's it can outspeed petty much anything that's not scarf, Surf is a STAB move and powered up thanks to rain,Thunderbolt is for other water types or skar,Ice beam for pokemon like gliscor or dragons and rapid spin to get rid of SR or spikes.

Overall This team is coming together as 3 pokemon were removed for pokemon who can do a better job.

Dance Pikachu DANCE

Last edited by vol60 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:46 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed the name of the team and added new pokemon (thank you Gonogo for helping me out :D))
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Re: Vol's Rainny day :D

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Descriptions, mind you? Obligatory PLACEHOLDER.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Hey vol, cool team. As Rick said, you may want to add to the descriptions. No matter; here is my rate. The Politoed set you're currently using is probably good to deal with opposing Sand teams. However, you may want to try out Rick's ChestoRest set. All you need to change is adding Rest over Toxic and a Chesto Berry over Leftovers. On Tentacruel, you could opt for Ice Beam over Protect to hit opposing Dragons on the switch, though you may oppose this change because it takes away from your scouting ability. PLACEHOLDER. I'll finish this tomorrow.
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:00 am

will be a problem. First off, it can take care of Politoed, Tentacruel, Skarmory, Volcarona, Jirachi and Dragonite with this set.

Rotom-H |
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spe
    Modest Nature (-Atk, +SAtk)
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice]
    ~ Trick

Rotom-W using Thunder on Politoed...96.9% - 114.1%.
    Rotom-W using Thunder on Skarmory...100.6% - 118.6%.
    Rotom-W using Thunder on Tentacruel...87.4% - 102.7%.
    Rotom-W using Hydro Pump on Jirachi...68.6% - 80.9%.
    Rotom-W using Hydro Pump on Volcarona...143.13% - 169%.
    Rotom-W can probably OHKO Dragonite with Hidden Power [Ice] once Multiscale has been broken.

Anyways, these calcs demonstrate your team's weakness to Rotom-W. Jirachi is solidly 2HKOed in the Rain, and can easily be crippled by Trick. The Washing Mashine can pretty much easily sweep your team if not dealt with. On top of that, a Scarf variant of the Washing Mashine outspeeds your whole team.

[center]This set is even more deadly.

Rotom-W |
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
    Modest Nature (-Atk, +SAtk)
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice]
    ~ Trick

Rotom-W using Thunder on Politoed...131.25% - 154.69%.
    Rotom-W using Thunder on Skarmory...137.43% - 161.68%.
    Rotom-W using Thunder on Tentacruel...119.51% - 140.93%.
    Rotom-W using Hydro Pump on Jirachi...85.64% - 100.99%.
    Rotom-W using Hydro Pump on Volcarona...194.12% -228.61%.
    Rotom-W using Hidden Power [Ice] on Dragonite OHKOs after Multiscale is broken.

Think Jirachi can take Thunders? Think again.
    Rotom-W using Thunder on Jirachi...62.38% - 73.51%.

[center]THE COUNTER

Gastrodon |
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP | 252 SDef | 4 Def
    Calm Nature (-Atk, +SDef)
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Recover
    ~ Scald
    ~ Ice Beam

Rotom-W using Hidden Power [Ice] on Gastrodon...13.85% - 16.43%.
    Rotom-W using Hidden Power [Grass] on Gastrodon...55.4% - 65.73%

Yeah, the only move that Rotom-W can use on Gastrodon is Hidden Power [Ice], which does pretty much absolutely nothing. I know Hidden Power [Grass] was not on that Rotom-W's set, but it is pretty common these days, to deal with Gastrodon. I use it on my personal set.

Gastrodon can come in on a predicted Thunder, force a switch and helps you gain momentum. Toxic is for stalling, whilst adding pressure to your opponent. Recover helps to get health back, Scald is its main STAB, and the 30% chance of burn can come in quite a handy. Ice Beam is for opposing Dragons, mostly. Anyways, that sums up my rate. I hope it will help and have a great day, vol!
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks Matsuda I will be sure to test the Gastrodon set I will see how well the team works without Volcarona
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Everyone got everything, so..it is called a 'rate my team'..so my rate 5/5. It's awesome.

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Italics ftw)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:49 pm