The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Rain team'

PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Rain team'

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Drizzle! (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Hypnosis
    - Protect

I use him for Drizzle and for the rest of my team. I know you guys may say HydroPump is better, but it's just that accuracy. Besides, scald gives a burn sometimes and hits 100%.

Hurricane (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Grass Knot
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

As you can see he has specs. Choice Specs + Hurricane(With 100% accuracy)= Awesome. But sadly, I need help with it's moveset. I know I should put hidden power grass, ground, or fighting to it. At first I had focus blast, but again, it's the accuracy. So I put hp fighting instead. I strongly encourage you all to help me with his moveset.

Jirachi @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 128 Def / 128 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Thunder
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Body Slam

I need help with Jirachi's moveset to. I feel I am missing some, but anyways, I use Jirachi to mainly paralyze the opponent. There's really nothing else to say..

Speed! (Espeon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 128 SDef / 124 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

I use Espeon to use calmind and swich with batonpass for pokemon that are sp-attackers on my team. I also have hp:fire on him to get rid of Ferrothorn-or any other steel types.

Technician (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch

Erm...nothing really to say about Scizor, besides about replacing X-Scissor with bugbite. He's also my sweeper. If used right he can sweep a whole team. Sorry if it's too short.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Seed Bomb
    - Substitute
    - Spore

I needed Breloom because I needed another physical attacker on my team. Below will explain why I needed another physical attacker. Anyways, I spore the opponent and use Focus Punch-or I could substitute and then use focus punch.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Re: Rain team'

Post by Crossfire12 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Okay after seeing tons of rain teams and making some myself I have to say this is petty good team

Poli: the reason most people say hydro pump is better is it can KO a pokemon easy but you have a point with the acc another thing you could do over Scald is surf, Toxic over Hypnosis because you could protect after that and toxic's damage would go up on that pokemon.

Tornadus: Not to sure about psychic on him but if that works keep it, Hidden Power ice is more useful really then HP fighting as you can take out walls like gliscor and dragon types, focus blast yes can miss a lot but with 120 power you can't really go wrong with that as HP fight has 70 power at best.

Jirachi: Sub CM set this is a set I know well and if you were to ask harsha too he would agree with me (I think)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder
    - Water Pulse

Jirachi can make 101hp subs and then start CM then you could go for thunder which thanks to serene Grace is 60% para chance and water pulse get 20% to confuses.

Espeon: I like xatu more but whatever modest(sp.att) or jolly(speed), HP fire is petty useful in rain so HP fighting is much better for it and with baton pass you could send CM to the sub CM set for jirachi and send CM to him. Harsha and Rick already explain the 252/252/4 for most pokemon in the metagame but if you wanna use your own ev's that's fine.

Scizor: Bug Bite over X-Scissor the ev's I give for a scizor like this is 252 HP / 120 Atk / 16 Def / 120 SDef but like I said if you don't wanna that's your choice not mine.

Breloom: This set is okay I have nothing to say about it.

PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:24 pm

thanks
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 pm

In fact, it's nice(r) than the other post(s). Lol jk.

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : jk)
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Now that I've located some time, allow me to rate your team.

First off, this is much better than your other teams. Seriously. However, as this team stands, it needs a large amount of improvements in order to be modestly good. It also has the slightest vulnerability to Speed Boost Sharpedo and SubDD Gyara. Sharpedo can switch in on Espeon and start to rampage from there. Meanwhile, Gyarados obtains free switch-ins against Scizor, who can't do anything against it, and can set up to blast through your team from there. Keep in mind that those are small opportunities though, so careful battling should take care of that slight vulnerability.

Politoed: It's rather disorganized. I can't discern its role besides providing Drizzle support. Seeing that there's more status moves than not, I'd recommend going all-out and making it a defensive variant.

Spoiler:
    Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, - Atk)
    - Scald
    - Toxic / Hypnosis
    - Perish Song
    - Protect

This set allows your Politoed to be a more defensive buffer against other teams, giving it a more active role on your team. Seeing that you're NOT going to use Hydro Pump, I think the set I posted would be more efficient.

Tornadus: Specs Tornadus is a bro, but you're doing it wrong (for the most part). First off, Focus Blast is MANDATORY. This allows you to use an Ice-typed Hidden Power, which grants better coverage for the most part (and helps against Lum DDNite, which can destroy your team). Grass Knot and Psychic are not needed. Tailwind should go in the last slot.

tl;dr: Moveset should be HURRicane, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Ice, and Tailwind. Everything else is OK.

Jirachi: SubCM Rain abuser Jirachi or bust.

Espeon: First, change Hidden Power Fire to Fighting, seeing that you're in the rain and that Ferrothorn can shrug off Hidden Power Fires in the rain. Next, change the EV spread to 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd. That is self-explanatory. CM + Baton Pass is cool though.

Scizor: BUG BITE over X-Scissor. You're abusing Technician anyways, and it grants more power while occasionally crippling another Pokemon on your opponent's team. Also, the EV spread should be 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd.

Breloom: To maximize power and the healing Poison Heal gives, I'd recommend a spread of 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd with an Adamant Nature. The odd HP EVs maximize Poison Heal recovery.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Ah. That's probably why I had hp:fighting in there in the first place -.-. Anyhow, thanks.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Well, vol and Rick have said everything already. Though I'm not a big fan of Baton Pass, you can feel free to keep it. I'd go with Rick's Defensive Politoed so that you have a better chance against the common Sandstorm teams. I'd go with Toxic above Hypnosis, as Hypnosis has bad accuracy, and Toxic allows you to ToxicStall. You MUST use Rick's Tornadus set (Although I think that Grass Knot is an option above Tailwind). It's the best one available. Same with the Jirachi mentioned by both the people above. You NEED Bug Bite over X-Scissor because it does more damage, and use Rick's Breloom EVs. Anyhow, this team is certainly better than the rest of your teams. Cool team, and good luck!
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey, guys. I'm thinking about using Terrakion on my team. It will replace breloom. I'm team mostly has a fire disadvantage, and is vulnerable to Chansey. That's why I had breloom. But that's why I'm using Terrakion..if it's not a uber. Look at the set below, and if you have suggestions spit it out.

Terrakion @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Sacred Sword
    - Quick Attack
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Well, seeing as there is no Fire disadvantage to your team, as you have Rain, I'll still help you out. Terrakion has two amazing sets:

Choice Banded/Scarfed Wall Breaker
    Terrakion @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Close Combat
    ~X-Scissor | Earthquake
    ~Quick Attack | Earthquake

Dual Booster Terrakion
    EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spe
    Adamant | Jolly Nature
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Rock Polish
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Close Combat

Both sets are self-explanatory. Good luck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:38 am