The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Weather what do you think of it?

Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Weather what do you think of it?

Post by Crossfire12 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Weather I hated it now I'm starting to understand it helps some pokemon jumps to OU even though it helps pokemon I feel that some may overuse weather as seen from the PO but that's just me I made this to see how people feel about the weather in 5gen.

Enjoy
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Re: Weather what do you think of it?

Post by harsha on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:27 pm

We're not gonna ban weather. That's already been decided. Though the meta game centralizes around weather to some extent, it's not the most powerful force. With the ban of Excadrill and Thundurus, there's really no need.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Harsha wrote:We're not gonna ban weather. That's already been decided. Though the meta game centralizes around weather to some extent, it's not the most powerful force. With the ban of Excadrill and Thundurus, there's really no need.

I made this to ask people how they feel about not about the ban of it
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:03 pm

I think weather is a dominant force in this meta game. However, with good prediction and strategy, it can be beaten. I love weather, and 80% of my teams are based around it. I even have a UU weather team.
    Roxie
    Administrator
    Administrator

Purple Zigzagoon

Post by Roxie on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Weather eh? It's 75% cool to me. The 25% that's not is the one that I see almost everyone, and it's the same weather type that kills me (Sandstorm is the one I'm talking 'bout). Everytime I see a SS team, I die a little inside. Snow, Sun, and Rain are all cool with me though (Hail being my fav weather type). Anywho, my voice on weather: 75% cool, 25% not.

Last edited by [SH]Chaos Wolf on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New favorite weather tean, I've gotten used to)

Start of turn 1
    Gardevoir has Mega Evolved into Mega Gardevoir!
    Gardevoir used Focus Blast!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's 劈斩司令 fainted!

蓝色闪光: ⊙▽⊙
    Shadow Roxas: Noooot this time buddy
    蓝色闪光 forfeited against Shadow Roxas!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 am

Thanks to me, Skyleon and a few other people hate facing the rain. I've proven Sun's ability to dominate with Sunny Supremacy and .::Fire Power::., and the sand, well, that's what my current favorite team is abusing, and to me, it flows quite seamlessly. Hail is the biggest loser in the weather war, but it definitely is an anti-metagame force to be reckoned with.

Now, regarding threats underneath their beneficial weather, I'd say that Volcarona holds the title of being Sun's champion while the same could be claimed for Tornadus in the rain. For sand teams, Terrakion and Landorus all work just fantastically, and for hail, you've Froslass, Mamoswine, and Warein for direct abuse.

A good stopper to most sun and rain teams is Harsha's favorite Dragon, Salamence Dragonite, which can put up a good fight against sun and rain. Virizion and Celebi give rain and sand scares, while Heatran and Terrakion give hail the shivers. Breloom could potentially give every type of weather team trouble with Spore. Trick Room Reuniclus can give the Chlorophyllers in the sun headaches by turning their speed against them. However, it cannot switch in on any of their attacks, given their power, and live to set up Trick Room, despite its amazing bulk.
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Weather is pretty nice. I've at least had one team of each Weather, not all have been successful, but those that have, have been pretty good. Still unable to beat Rick's teams, but it can still do good against others. I'll get more on each weather soon.

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    Manaphy72

Virginia

Post by Manaphy72 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:09 pm

well lets go through them all, shall we!

Rain: I honestly love rain in a game because I always have a water pokemon and usually a move or a stats power gets raised due to the rain. Example, Kingdra with the ability of swift swim. It really does help me out a lot.

Hail: I abosuletly hate hail, Hail is a waste of game space in my opinion. I hate how there are only like 10 or 20 pokemon that do not get afflicted by it. I just do not like the affects of it and I probably never will to be quite honest.

Sandstorm: I do not know why, but I love sandstorm. The pokemon that do not get afflicted by it are usually very tough and with the right moves you can have a possible sweep. Sandstorm can get annoying though when you are battling a sandstorm team.

Sunny Day: What makes sunny day so interesting is the fact that it powers some moves that would take two turns to one turn. Example: Moltres learns Solar Beam and then has sunny day. It can be a sweep, it has happened to me against a rain team... Shocker.

Well that is my opinion!
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Kingdra with swift swim is banned just letting you know that
    Kira Light
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by Kira Light on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Kingdra with Swift Swim isn't banned. Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned, though. For example, you could use a Kingdra with Rain Dance and Swift Swim with no problems at all. You can't bring Drizzle Politoed and Swift Swim Kingdra together on the same team, though. That's because there's a huge difference between five (or eight) turns of Rain and infinite rain.
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 pm

ahh I see sorry I got it mixed up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:40 pm