The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Shane's wifi team #2

PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Shane's wifi team #2

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:46 pm

Luxray (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Wild Charge
    - Ice Fang
    - Crunch
    - Charge

As you can see, he is physical. I don't want it get knocked-out easily, so I spreaded out the evs for def and spdef. I tested him and he's pretty good.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 128 Atk / 128 Def / 124 SDef / 128 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Acrobatics
    - Earthquake
    - Fling

He's also physical, but just like the one above, I spreaded out the evs for him to.

Slowbro (M) @ Wacan Berry
    Trait: Oblivious
    EVs: 128 Def / 128 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

I was going to use Slowking, but Slowbro's evs are better. I have trick room 'cause it's slow and it's also for Gliscor.

Machamp (M) @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
    - Fling
    - ThunderPunch
    - DynamicPunch
    - Bullet Punch

I have toxic orb on him, because he has guts.

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 128 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef / 120 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Flare Blitz
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Wild Charge

So yeah..most of my pokemon are physical.

Latios (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 128 Def / 252 SAtk / 124 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    Latios> Latias besides in defence. It's VERY powerful, especially with calm mind.

*Updated*

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Boo)
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Re: Shane's wifi team #2

Post by Artist Smeargle on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:48 pm

OH. MAH. GAWD.

This needs much much work. e_e

PLACEHOLDER OF DEATH

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:17 pm

Refering to hem's post..-then every thing I do/make/create needs alot of work then..252 evs are too big for me and needs to be spread out. Two main evs are good, but not not good enough though. With the right ev spreads the power of the pokemon's moves can be higher or low. Sweepers don't even have to swords dance or whatever they do to get their attack or sp attack power up...and sweep my team. That's why I need at least a def over 2010-2025. Even though it may be a waste of evs for you guys, I think i'm using it wisely. On some of my pokemon, they have a 225 evs. Do you know why? Because of my previous battles with just two main evs..I lacked defence. Speed and attack is good, but without a little defense to withstand attacks.. your attacks are meaningless. Know matter how much I do swords dance-know matter how many times I do protect or detect-know matter how many times you even to reflect or light screen, they all have limits. Some evs can't go without each other, for example, if you're going to put swordsdance on your team, consider putting a 252 speed ev. It's rather pointless if you're slower than the opponent. Now, complain how my team is bad and whatnot. I've tested it plenty of times on beta server. Oh, that reminds me of something. "Don't judge a book by it's cover" If you haven't read it(battled the team) then don't make a conclusion of it.

That is all.

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was Refering to hem's post when I made this. It got deleted though.)
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Shane, we know enough about the meta game to know when a team is good or bad. Now, let me say this. You're wasting potential on sweepers by giving them natures that take away from a stat they use when there are stats they DON'T use. Also, you need to realize that Luxray is completely outclassed by things in RU. Electivire, for one, is far better than Luxray. I'll rate this team later.

P.S. Shane, NEVER USE 129 EVS. EVER. It MUST be a multiple of 4 to do anything. 129 ÷ 4 = 32.25. That's NOT a multiple of 4.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Sence I can't find the delete button on here, I will just put this message on here so the admins can delete it.

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Delete this post please)
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:31 pm

PkmnTrainer Shane wrote:LOL post that attempts to justify the inefficient EVs

Shane, please, listen to us, and stop spurning out advice. First off, your EVs are insufficient. Pokemon don't need defense if they're attacking. A modestly good team of any archetype can have their way against this team. There's so many holes that can be found and exploited. However, that's been established. I also noticed that the 6 team members on your team were thrown rather haphazardly together without the slightest plan established for them. Now, I'll list out the main threats.

Latios and Tornadus have their way against this team. While you may have some resists and bulky Pokemon with priority, they can generally stomach one of those hits and start cleaving through this team like a hot knife through butter with their powerful special attacks, especially when they're boosted in the rain.

The rain also leads to another massive, if not the main threat to your team: Gastrodon! It can come in on your whole team and threaten with Toxic. The one Pokemon on your team that benefits from Toxic poisoning is also threatened by Ice Beam from that same Gastrodon, leaving nothing on your team safe from it. Also, many of your Pokemon could have better move choices.

I'll finish this post when work doesn't want to have its way with me, much like how Gastrodon has its way with your team.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Alright. Shane. Let me say this. Luxray is outclassed; replace him. You may want to try out a Special Electric type, such as Rotom-W. If not, try out Electivire. Though he is UU, he is superior to Luxray. Anyhow, this guy is in a low tier for a reason. Guts Machamp is useless compared to No Guard Machamp. No Guard allows it to carry Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge, two moves that miss a lot, and get 100% accuracy under No Guard. That Gliscor set is inefficient, seeing as only Ice moves will be aimed at it, I'll suggest you go with the standard 252 HP | 184 Def | 76 Spd spread. Now, try out Protect / Ice Fang / Swords Dance / Earthquake as the moveset. I've used your moveset before, and this one is better. Your Latios will get killed by other Latios. That's why you need 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd with a Timid Nature for the spread. Otherwise, Latios will royally suck. Replace Psychic with Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor because Psychic is an awful move. Try Hidden Power [Fire] over Shadow Ball, or maybe even Thunderbolt. They both are more useful. Give Arcanine 252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd for the spread, because otherwise it will die to random stuff that outspeed it. His moveset is fine. You won't be using Slowbro to take Special attacks; that being said, you have no Pokemon that can safely take Special attacks other than Latios, your sweeper. Try Slowking over Slowbro since he is more Specially oriented. I recommend you use the EVs 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 SDef on Slowking. If you keep Slowbro, use 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SDef. Also, why use Trick Room when the rest of your team is fast? You're harming the rest of your team with that. Try Scald, Slack Off, Ice Beam, and a filler move. Scald can Burn and weaken Physical attacks. Ice Beam gets rid of Dragons. Slack Off lets you recover, and the lack of Trick Room actually benefits your team. Also, use Leftovers. Wacan Berry sounds nice because it weakens Electric attacks, but it grants no recovery whatsoever. Slowking should live through a Special Electric attack with that spread (this is situational). If I sounded harsh in this rate, it's because I wanted to help you and your team. Please take the advice. I promise this will help. Spreading EVs is horribly inefficient, and should be done in rare cases for Pokemon such as Bronzong and Chansey. Good luck, Shane.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 am

Okay thanks. It wasn't harsh at at, Harsha. Xd.

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Double derp~ "okay" and "thanks" was spelled wrong. More typos,)
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Lol. Sorry for the doublepost sort of..But may I ask that this get locked? The problem with my team has been fixed and I no longer need of this post.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 pm

We really don't lock RMTs unless they don't follow the rules. It's nice to hear fresh opinions every once in a while. Besides, this one DOES follow the rules, I think.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:39 am

Erm, change up Oblivious on your Slowbro to Regenerator? I'll edit this post with further nitpickings.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Drizzle! (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Hypnosis
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

He's used for drizzle. You guys may refer me to use Hydro Pump. I can see why you'd use hydro pump, but for me scald is better.

Hurricane (Tornadus) (M) @** (Sorry can't tell)
    Trait: Prankster
    - Hurricane
    - Grass Knot
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

I can't tell you what item he has..Sorry! Anyways, I need help with his moveset as you can see .-. Why grass not and hp grass? I can't think of any other moves to fit him. So, please help me with him.

Jirachi @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 128 Def / 128 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Thunder
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Water Pulse

Same thing with Jirachi. I need help with its moveset. Nothing else now to say.

Speed! (Espeon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Trick Room
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

I use "Speed!" to counter those annoying static teams, and for any other status move.

Technician (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
    - Bug Bite
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch

I use him for mainly swords dance and bp. It's like a combo. Volcarona can easily ko him.

Latios (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dragon Pulse

I really like this moveset. Also, one calm mind usually ko's the opponent which is why I like him.

Sorry for breaking the rules for evs.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Shane-
    First off, the point of an RMT is to TELL US what each Pokemon does. Tell us what the item is and such. Also, you have to open a NEW THREAD to make a new RMT. I won't rate your team until that is fixed. Also, all of your descriptions are lacking. Please fix your team / thread / descriptions. Thank you, and have a nice day. (People, don't comment on this again so he can move the thread.)
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:44 pm

k. But the only thing I can't do is tell you the item I have. If I tell then my whole strategy will ruined. Otherwise-this will be moved to (http://the-treehouse.forumotion.com/t152-shane-s-rain-team#1247).

Last edited by PkmnTrainer Shane on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Shane, EVERY aspect of a team must be given out. That's why it's called Rate My Team. Update this with the items or I will lock this thread.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Then please do lock it (not trying to be smart).
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:43 pm

... Shane, we want you to fix your thread so we DON'T have to lock it...
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:37 pm

I honestly don't care if this gets locked...it's not going to be he end of the world..nor', is it going to be my last time getting one of my posts locked. But okay. Very Happy
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Alright, I'm locking this upon request. Also, Shane, nor has no apostrophe. And truly, posts are only locked when we don't want people to comment on them or they don't follow rules. Your previous posts did not follow the rules, and subsequently they were locked. Please don't request our locking of your threads in the future. Have a nice day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:35 am