The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

I'm going to stall you to Canada and back (An Uber RMT)

Breloom

I'm going to stall you to Canada and back (An Uber RMT)

Post by Breloom on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Oh, no, not Canada!

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 240 HP / 8 Def / 136 SAtk / 124 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Roar

This thing is so incredibly bulky, yet also hits incredibly hard. Although it lacks reliable recovery, I have wish support from Chansey and Leech Seed support from Ferrothorn. With its typing and stats, Dialga easily sets up Stealth Rock, then proceeds to dish out some serious damage with Draco Meteor and Thunder, with the latter having 100% accuracy in the rain. It also has access to roar for some happy phazing.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is one of the top ten most used Pokemon, even in Ubers, and for good reason. Its typing makes it one of the most annoying Pokemon to face in the game, and its ability helps to beat Rayquaza locked into Outrage. Leech Seed + Protect is good for both recovery and some serious trolling, and also deals a bit of damage to the opponent. Ferrothorn is one of the best Pokemon in the game for setting up spikes, and this set takes advantage of that. Finally, Gyro Ball for a reliable attacking move, and almost always hits for maximum damage since the Uber metagame is so fast. It also gets a surprise kill on the likes of darkrai and Offensive Mewtwo.

@ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Heal Bell

With Eviolite, Chansey becomes one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the game. It also provides valuable wish support for the Pokemon on my team who lack reliable recovery. Since Status screws up several of my Pokemon, Chansey is also the cleric for my team.

@ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam

I need an offensive Pokemon, and Kyogre fits this role excellently. With a Choice Scarf, it also acts as a potent revenge killer. Water Spout does huge amounts of damage, and Surf is for when I'm at low health, although I generally try to pass this thing a wish when that happens. Thunder and Ice beam provide good coverage with Kyogre's STAB moves, and Thunder has 100% accuracy in the rain. The rain that Kyogre creates also supports my entire team, weakening Fire-Type moves for Ferrrothorn, boosting Dialga's Thunder to 100% accuracy, and activating Rain Dish for Tentacruel.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 220 HP / 216 Def / 64 SDef / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Roar

Giratina here is my spinblocker. There isn't much that Forretress or Tentacruel can do to this thing, allowing it to burn them. Giratina also acts as an excellent counter to extremekiller Arceus, which would wreck the rest of my team. I use Roar over Dragon Tail despite being complete Taunt bait because Substitute is becoming increasingly common on a variety of Pokemon to stop Dragon Tail Giratina.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 204 HP / 56 Def / 216 SDef / 32 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Protect
    - Scald

Tentacruel provides valuable rapid spin support for my team, something I really need. It also provides toxic spikes support so I can stall out several key Pokemon, although Rapid Spinning is its main job. Protect is good with Rain Dish, allowing me to heal a quarter of my health with Leftovers. Finally, Scald is for a reliable STAB move, and is actually somewhat powerful in the rain.

So, that's my team! Suggestions are welcome. If you have any questions about the EVs or anything, feel free to ask!
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Re: I'm going to stall you to Canada and back (An Uber RMT)

Post by harsha on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:02 am

Hey, cool team! I don't play Ubers too much so I'll just be nitpicking for the most part. Now, what I see is that if Kyogre becomes weakened, this team will fall to a Life Orb'd Mewtwo with Aura Sphere and Thunderbolt (Not sure if he's used much, but I run that set.) Also, remember, that Chansey is Taunt fodder, so you may want to add Seismic Toss or a move of that nature. Since you'll be Wish passing a lot, I'd suggest removing Protect because even though it is helpful in healing Chansey, you won't use it much. This team is sorta Stall based with your main attacker being Kyogre, and from what I've seen, Kyogre is very effective. Though you have Roar on many of your Pokemon, be weary of boosting Pokemon because they can take out this entire team if they get to +2. I'm sorta fuzzy in the Uber metagame, so that's all I have to say. Cool team, and good luck!

Last edited by Harsha on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:49 am

Alright. I'm an avid Ubers player, so I'll do my best to help this team out.

First off, a glaring weakness to Darkrai can be seen. It can come in on 5/6 of your team, threaten with Dark Void, and then go from there. Seeing that your only Darkrai check is Kyogre, the Darkrai user can simply predict a switch-in and Dark Void it, ruining your chances of dealing with it for the entire match, because of the sleep mechanics changes in Generation V. Should it have Taunt (uncommon, I know), then it can set up on your Giratina, which cannot attack it. Mewtwo is another problematic Pokemon to deal with, but it's not as big of a problem as Darkrai. Despite it not being as big of a problem as Darkrai, Mewtwo's a much larger threat to your main Special wall, Chansey, seeing that it can 2HKO her without a problem. However, the main reason both of these Pokemon are threats is because of the fact that they can soften your team up to the point where it cannot withstand an assault from a late-game ExtremeKiller Arceus or another powerful Ubers sweeper. To help resolve that problem, I'd recommend giving Giratina Dragon Pulse over either Will-O-Wisp or Roar, so it doesn't become complete Taunt bait. It's slightly minor, but should you choose to keep Roar, then Dragon Tail becomes a slight option that you could try out as well. Now, I'll be nitpicking some of your team members.

Chansey: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef or bust. It's the standard Uber Chansey spread, and it's the best one.

Giratina: Dragon Pulse over Will-O-Wisp, and Dragon Tail should be considered over Roar.

Tentacruel: Try this spread: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef. It should work fine for you because of the fact that you have Giratina to take physical blows.

Overall, nice team. Good luck!

Breloom

Post by Breloom on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 pm

First off, as far as I know, it is simply impossible to outright counter a well-played mewtwo. It can 1-2HKO every Pokemon in the game with its LO 4 attacks set, outspeeds most of the unboosted metagame, and can take a hit or two when needed. Therefore, I generally rely on revenge killing, something Kyogre can accomplish. However, I'm thinking of replacing the current Kyogre with Restalk Kyogre to effectively deal with Darkrai.

Without Will-O-Wisp, Giratina has a much harder time handling Extremekiller Arceus, since if Arceus is the last Pokemon, it can simply set up on Giratina. Dragon Pulse isn't very powerful with Giratina's low SpA. And I'm not too worried about taunt since I can always switch.

One Pokemon I'm considering is Heracross. It counters Darkrai, revenge-kills Mewtwo, and acts as an excellent late-game sweeper in general. Problem is, I'm not sure who to replace. Any thoughts on that?

Onto the EV spreads. My Chansey can pass bigger wishes, and that`s generally its main job, although I`ll test your spread a bit to see how it goes.
    And for Tentacruel, 204 HP hits a lefties number, 216 SpD a +nature number. The spe EVs allow me to outspeed Jolly max spe Ttar as rare as it may be, and the rest are dumped into defense. However, I'm planning to change it to 236 HP / 24 Def / 216 SDef / 32 Spd, 236 HP since it makes Tentacruel's HP divisible by 8, maximizing lefties + rain dish recovery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 am