The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

Cross' ou team

Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Cross' ou team

Post by Crossfire12 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:41 pm

I made this team 2 weeks ago and I though why not get it rated the team has already got me some win but I feel it can do better.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Earthquake

This is a pokemon most people dont see used for a wall due to there are more common ones then this but never the less Bronzong is not an easy pokemon to kill he sets up the rocks and then since his speed is so low gyro ball will hurt to add to that HP ice deals with dragons and walls like gilscor and EQ for fire types.

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Stored Power
    - Roost
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Xatu I love this guy and he does a number a lot of pokemon, I send it in to stop set-up with SR or spikes not only with 3CM stored power will sweep anything in it's way and HP fighting is to stop any dark or steel types from trying wall it.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Brick Break
    - Dragon Claw
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

My second fav dragon type for many reasons, it can outspeed +1 drago and scarf heatran I'm not to sure about latios but anyways with haxorus I can deal some revenge on a lot of pokemon outrage is a common choice same with BB, Dragon claw is another STAB move that works petty well and EQ was well the only another move I could think of.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Toxic
    - Earthquake
    - Facade
    - Protect

A new set for gliscor not as good as subtect combo but it still works well anyway protect is use so gliscor can set up poison heal or heal if low on HP, EQ is a great STAB move for it, toxic slowly kills and facade power is double thanks to the poison.

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Shell Smash
    - Razor Shell
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast

Mr.op or so some people say anyways, cloyser does his job well if it wanted to it could sweep a sun and sandstorm team but I dont think pokemon like ferro would let it anyways cloyster is petty good one SS and your good to go that's about it.

Heatran (M) @ air balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Flame charge
    - Flamethrower
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

okay this set petty much owns with one flame charge heatran is ready too good

Although this team may not seem like the best it can be really good if used right.

Last edited by vol60 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed heatran's set)
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Re: Cross' ou team

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:46 pm

All of your team looks good to me. All i have a queston about is hp:ice on bronzong.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:16 pm

So far, the team doesn't look bad. I'll get to the rate soon.
    Walrus
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

I can shoot lightning bolts out of my mouth!
    BROMACIAAA!!!!

Post by Walrus on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Bronzong often carry HP Ice because it allows them to check/counter many of the Dragons in OU. The only thing that I noticed, is that you have 2 Choice Scarfed Pokes. I was thinking of making Heatran Specs, but that's not my decision to make, and I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Omg. Why does everything get deleted? Anyhow, here's my rate.

Bronzong: There's nothing really wrong with him. Hp:ice is good to Ko the Dragons. And finally, Earthquake to get rid of fire types, rock types, and most steel types. Just watch out for special tyranitars they have fire blast, but as long as you're faster it should be a walk in the park.

Xatu:Magic Bounce is one thing that comes in handy, especially with static teams(teams that use thunder wave on your whole team), but fails if it is a ground type like your Gliscor. I can see why you put 252 def on it, but my suggestion is to have 252 spdef sense most electric type moves are special and 4 def.

Gliscor: My fav of the team. There's nothing i have an opinion on him. I just like the move, Facade you put in the moveset. It works especially well with poison heal and toxic orb. And nice nature on it.

Cloyster: The movesets on him are cool. There's no other thing I have to say to him.

Heatran: He's fine,but only one opinion(correct me if i'm wrong) maybe have an eviolite on it instead of Choice Scaft. Even though it raises your speed by a lot, you can only use one move. Yeah I think i'm off on this one but, hoped you liked it! santa
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Shane xatu has calm mind for a reason and one huge thing heatran CANT USE eviolite cause it cant evolve

Gonogo

Montreal

Post by Gonogo on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Heatran can't hold eviolite since it has no evolutions.
    For Bronzong, I suggest Heatproof instead of Levitate since Levitate is normally common knowledge at this point, so they wouldn't dare use a Ground move. Thus, Heatproof really helps to limit damage by fire moves, its sole weakness. Anyhow, if your opponent isn't sure whether you have Levitate or not, he wouldn't dare try it and risk a move for no reason at all.
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Remember, without Levitate, he will be hit by Hazards.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Levitate is the sole reason why Bronzong is used to counter Sand sweepers. It's also the reason Bronzong's defensive capabilities aren't affected too much by entry hazards. Fire attacks are just as easily baited to Heatran or Haxorus, and it doesn't cost vol anything. Heatproof ruins the entire point of using Bronzong.

Darn. Ninja'd by Harsha.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Alright, here's the rate. Honestly, this is a very good team. However, I think you'd benefit from changing your Heatran to a Specially Defensive variant. Here it is:
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    • Protect
    • Roar
    • Substitute
    • Lava Plume

He can take Special attacks like a man and cripple Physical attackers with Lava Plume's 30% Burn rate. Try him out, and if you don't like him, return him for your money back!
    Crossfire12
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

The world

Post by Crossfire12 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:26 pm

Harsha wrote:Alright, here's the rate. Honestly, this is a very good team. However, I think you'd benefit from changing your Heatran to a Specially Defensive variant. Here it is:
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    • Protect
    • Roar
    • Substitute
    • Lava Plume

He can take Special attacks like a man and cripple Physical attackers with Lava Plume's 30% Burn rate. Try him out, and if you don't like him, return him for your money back!

This set would work well against a rain team. although I'm still worry about EQ
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:13 pm

You shouldn't be worried about Earthquake with your 3 immunities. It won't affect you that much, and it will affect you even less if you get the Burn.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 pm

You've the basics down and can cover weather teams relatively well. One threat that I recommend you watch for though is CB Terrakion. While you do have a means of beating it down, you have to be careful with how you switch your team around, because a single misprediction could critically wound your team and create even more pressure for your team to wall off attacks. Also, you should watch for the Rotom-W + Scizor core. They can bring an insane amount of pressure upon your team. My recommendation is just playing more carefully. You can deal with the threats listed rather decently, but if you mispredict, it will cost you the game. Nice team overall.

3ds fc: 0173-1523-3949
    pokémon x: rebecca
    pokémon y: lincoln
    twitter handle: @246_Tritone
    np: calibre - half full - shelf life vol. 2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:47 pm