The Treehouse

This is the forum for the Treehouse servers in Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown!.

The Pink Beasts: A 5th Gen OU RMT

Walrus
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

I can shoot lightning bolts out of my mouth!
    BROMACIAAA!!!!

The Pink Beasts: A 5th Gen OU RMT

Post by Walrus on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:17 pm

This is one of the few good teams I've made. I don't really have much of a strategy behind it, it just works. I don't ask questions, though.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
    Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch

My lead. While it may seem strange, Choice Band Dragonite does a great job as a lead. Outrage can deal massive damage to non-Steel-types, ExtremeSpeed is great for things that I can't outspeed, Earthquake is mainly for Heatran, and Fire Punch for Ferrothorn and other Steels not named Heatran.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
    Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

My only set-up Sweeper. If he can actually set-up, he can do wonderful. However, it seems that he just doesn't do the job often. Anyways, Swords Dance for boosting, Close Combat and Stone Edge for STAB and Earthquake to finish off the QuakeEdge combo.

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
    Pressure
    EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Psycho Boost
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Superpower

A personal favorite of mine. This guy outspeeds even Choice Scarfed Pokes, as well as many Chloryphyll users. As for his moveset, he has the BoltBeam combo, and Psycho Boost for sheer power. Superpower is there, and the 12 Attack EV's ensure a KO on most non-Chople Berry Tyranitar.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast

Hydreigon is a Pokemon who I find looks awesome. He can take neutral hits with his natural bulk, as well as deal massive damage with his Draco Meteor. His Choice Scarf allows him to revenge-kill or even scout against things Deoxys cannot. Draco Meteor is for STAB, Fire Blast and Focus Blast for the Steel-types, and U-Turn to scout.

Mew @ Leftovers
    Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 4 SDef / 32 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Softboiled
    - Psychic

The first of the Pink Beasts. This one is more Physically Defensive. Mew's HP and Defense allow him to take Physical hits from many things, including Dragonite and Tyranitar. Will-O-Wisp then cuts their attack, while Taunt stops things from setting-up on Mew. Softboiled is instant recovery, while Psychic stops him from being Taunt fodder, as well as hurting Infernape and others who are immune to my Will-O-Wisp.

Chansey @ Eviolite
    Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Aromatherapy
    - Toxic
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss

The other Beast, this time more Specially Defensive. I find that, alongside Mew, these 2 are UNFATHOMABLY good. A Burned opponent can rarely dent Chansey, while she stalls them out. Special Attackers who don't need a Burn, can be Toxic'ed by Chansey and then stalled out. Aromatherapy means that neither of them can be worn down by Toxic, and that Terrakion and Dragonite can't be shut down by a Burn or Paralysis.

GO CRAAAAAAAZY!
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Re: The Pink Beasts: A 5th Gen OU RMT

Post by harsha on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Cool team. It seemed strange the first time I looked at it, but now that I think about it, it's basically a standard balance team. I'll give it a shot!

Dragonite: DRAGONITE! Well, I've never used him as a Lead, but he does his job well from what I've seen. Never mind, I've used him to "ParaShuffle." He gets perfect coverage, so he's good to go.

Terrakion: Terrakion has above average Bulk, so I'm going to recommend what I always recommend: Dual Booster Terrakion.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Justified
    Adamant | Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Close Combat
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Rock Polish

Basically, when looking at the opponent's team, decide whether they are Defensively oriented or Offensively oriented. If the former, use Swords Dance. If the latter, use Rock Polish. It's pretty straight forward, and he's a beast with this set.

Deoxys-S: This guy is a cool dude. It works; what else do I say?

Hydreigon: I don't have much experience with Hydreigon aside from Pokemon White, so I won't criticize your set. Draco Meteor will hit hard, though, so I can see why he's useful. Maybe try out a Latios?

Latios @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 2 Atk | 30 SAtk | 30 Spd
    EVs: 252 SAtk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Hidden Power [Fire]
    ~Surf
    ~Trick | Thunderbolt | Ice Beam

He does the same job in a similar way. You may want to give him a go!

Mew: Though pretty bulky, Mew is set-up fodder against Pokemon such as Nasty Plot Celebi. They can KO it easily if Chansey is out, which I did in our last battle. He is very effective, just watch your Chansey. Cool set, by the way!

Chansey: Remember, Jirachi and other Pokemon can set up 101 HP Subs and set up on this guy. Just be careful when playing her. Can't say much apart from that.

Anyways, cool team! I've played it, and narrowly escaped with a win after a Stall war. Good luck with the team! I like it!

Last edited by Harsha on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, I messed up some IVs.)
    Artist Smeargle
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Fanciest Man

Post by Artist Smeargle on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Placeholder for rate.

On another note, this is certainly a team I fight a lot.
    Also, Harsha, Zatch dislikes to use Latios.

"hiper" --()--

Rika is still dead.

Rips from http://www.pkparaiso.com/ pls give them more credit.

Credit to Mr. Sufat for this absolutely SMASHING avatar.

Gonogo

Montreal

Post by Gonogo on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Cool team! A few remarks:

First, I love Hydreigon. I recommend a SAtk boosting nature, knowing that the Scarf already makes it really fast.
    Perhaps Rash (+SAtk, - SDef)? The reason why it's not Modest, is because U-Turn is physical, so you'd want to hit harder without a nature that makes it lose Atk.

I agree with Harsha for Terrakion. Dual-boosting will definitely help.

For the rest, I like it. I hope to battle that team soon, when TH will be back up. Speaking of which, any news from MrAzurill?
    harsha
    Server Admin Alumnus
    Server Admin Alumnus

Post by harsha on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Oh, then you can forget the Latios suggestion. Hydreigon's stats aren't as good as Latios's when it comes to Sweeping or hitting hard, though.

By the way, no one will receive news when the server is back, as JonFreeman, Trent Donnovich, and teh vappy don't have internet at the moment. It will be back as soon as JonFreeman gets his internet bill paid, I believe. On a brighter note, that should be soon.
    PkmnTrainer Shane

ya face! jk

Post by PkmnTrainer Shane on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:13 pm

I place holdah for the ratingz. Sleep
    Walrus
    Server Administrator
    Server Administrator

I can shoot lightning bolts out of my mouth!
    BROMACIAAA!!!!

Post by Walrus on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 pm

I will change to Dual-Boosting Terrakion and see how he does that way. Also, I suppose I can switch Hydreigon to a Rash nature. And the reason the descriptions are so nondescript is because I am bad at describing what they do. I usually think that my movesets speak for themselves and aren't THAT gimmicky.
    Trinitrotoluene
    Administrator
    Administrator

smile ◠‿◠
    「st☆rlight」

Post by Trinitrotoluene on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:46 pm

I've faced this team more than Harsha and Artist Smeargle have, so I could be of some help. After all, experience is one of my best friends.

Problems:

Scizor + Rotom-W: The Scizor and Rotom-W core does a number to your team, keeping pressure on your two walls and harassing your offensive Pokemon by using U-turn and Volt Switch to keep you on your toes. Chansey has to watch out for Scizor's Superpower and both Mew and Chansey have to watch for Trick. Sure, you may say Taunt from Mew can stop Rotom-W, but EVERY Choiced Rotom-W outspeeds your Mew, whether they be Specs or Scarf. Your offensive Pokemon have to watch for Scizor's Bullet Punch and Rotom's Hydro Pump.

Heatran: You've seen me use this before, but I'll explain it to you. First off, if you're facing a defensive variant, it will more often than not carry Toxic. Aromatherapy only has 8 PP, so Toxic can spell doom for your team by keeping the pressure on Chansey to keep your team free of status. Mew's Will-O-Wisp makes its attacks sting a slight bit more, and it doesn't care much about Taunt. With proper EVing, it can even live through your Deoxys-S's Superpower, so that's not too much of an option for you. Your only real ways of dealing with it are Terrakion, who will NOT like switching into Earth Power or a sun- and Flash Fire-boosted Flamethrower, and Dragonite, who despises Toxic poisoning and Stealth Rock.

Entry hazards: Entry hazards will do a number to your team, especially 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, because they'll pressure Chansey even further to rid your team of status induced by the poison. Your Terrakion will not like having to switch into a field full of Spikes, and your Dragonite will not like having Multiscale dashed right off of it because of an untimely switch-in to Stealth Rock. Mew's ability to wall is severely reduced when entry hazards take their toll on its health and force it to use Recover more often than it usually would.

How to solve these problems:

Hydreigon is your best bet against the Scizor + Rotom-W core. Its Speed can put some pressure on the core, but it won't like switching into any of Scizor's or Rotom-W's moves except for Pursuit from the former and Hidden Power [resisted type] from the latter. For Heatran, careful play is required from your team should it be a defensive variant. Offensive variants are covered extremely well by all of your team with the exception of Mew. Entry hazards are a problem that can't be resolved too easily. However, a simple moveset change on Chansey could help your case.

Nitpicking:

I'll nitpick only the Pokemon that need some changes.

Terrakion: DOUBLE BOOSTER OR BUST. I'd recommend CB Terrakion here, but you already seem to have a Banded attacker in Dragonite.

Hydreigon: Contrary to what Gonogo is saying, I think that a Modest Nature would do your Hydreigon some good. After all, you're not using U-turn to hit hard, but to scout out what your opponent is carrying to stop Hydreigon and regain momentum.

Chansey: Wish and Heal Bell might help your case against entry hazards. Putting Stealth Rock over Toxic is another change that I'd recommend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:37 am